Separate Ways

Love Me

Someone pokes Amber's face. She feels a bit irritated and shrugs away the hand. Hearing sounds of giggles, she opens her eyes to see Eunjung shut intently. Clearly she was laughing.  Raising an eyebrow, Amber points to her face. 

Eunjung clears . "The planes landing in five minutes."

"I've been sleeping for that long?" Amber rubs her chin. 

Eunjung nods and points to Krystal. "She told me to leave you alone, said you were very tired from working."

Amber frowns. "Krystal did?"

"Yes. And I have something to ask." Eunjung purses her lips. "Are you and Krystal dating?"

"Eh?" Amber is shocked. Was it that obvious? 

"You can tell me, I know it's impossible for a handsome girl like you to be single." Eunjung waits patiently. 

Amber nods after a while. "We... She and I.. Yes we are dating."

"Congratulations." Eunjung smiles, a bit hurt. "So how will this fiancé thing fare?"

Amber shrugs. "I don't know."

Eunjung smiles sadly. "Krystal wouldn't allow a mistress right?"

"M-mistress?" Amber's eyes widen. "Ummm."

Eunjung taps her arm. "It's okay. I understand."

Amber frowns. Understand what? Weird girl. And the mistress idea? Krystal would send her flying to the next world if she suggested that.

Staring at Krystal she bites her lip. They had to make up soon, or she would misunderstand even more. 

The plane wavered a bit, making Amber crash into Eunjung. She forgot to put on her seatbelt. Eunjung blushed and Amber apologized, quickly sitting correctly and putting on her seatbelt. 

"Passengers, this is the captain for the airplane. We are safely descending to the airport. Please fasten your seat belts and thank you for enjoying the ride." The pilot says in the speaker. 

Amber smiles and glances at Krystal. She was also staring back. Amber sen her a grin and Krystal scowled at her, turning away. Gawking, Amber pouts. 

The plane lands after some awkward turning. Amber helps Eunjung with her bag and follows Krystal. 

Henry leads them to their bags, and calls the driver to pick them up. They wait in the lobby and Amber stands behind Krystal, close enough that she can feel her breath. 

Eunjung sees this and smiles sadly. It couldn't be helped if someone's heart belongs to another already. 

Krystal elbowed Amber behind her and glared at her. Amber pouts, wagging her shoulders back and forth. 

Out of the crowd, Jessica appears and Krystal takes her bags and leave. Amber grabs her hand to stop her. 

"Krys. I need to talk to you." Amber pleads. This would be goodbye if Krystal said no. "I can explain."

"I'm going home now. Please remove you hand." Krystal says calmly as Jessica's figure continues to get closer. 

"I didn't know either Krys. I heard about it but it seemed too fake. Soojung..." Amber looks down. "I need you."

"I think we need a break. I need to adjust to this new life. If you still want to be with me. Find me within a month. Until then. Goodbye." Krystal walks away, pulling her hand and she goes to Jessica who hugs her tightly. 

As they leave, Jessica spots Amber and nods. Amber bows politely then returns to Henry. 

"Is Krystal not going with us?" Eunjung asks. 

Amber shakes her head. "She wants to spend time with her sister."

"That was her sister?" Eunjung exclaims. "She was so y."

Henry and Amber look at Eunjug weirdly. Eunjung blushes. "Excuse me. I tend to say odd things."

Amber nods in agreement and turns to Henry. "When's the driver coming."

"He should be here." Henry leads them outside and they get into a limo. 

"This is awkward." Amber says as she looks outside. 

"The limo?" The driver asks. "I apologize. Young master, they told me to drive something extravagant."

"It's all right." Amber sighs. "It just reminds me of some bad memories."

Eunjung nods silently and looks outside. 

"So here's how it is going to be." Henry starts. "Eunjung will live with you but not in the same room."

Amber frowns. Henry knew of this fiancé ordeal?

"And Amber, the office is near your house. I will not be living with you two, but I will reside as your neighbor and assistant." Henry pauses. "Any questions?"

"What about school. I haven't graduated." Amber asks. 

Eunjung gasps. "You're a minor?"

"Yes?" Amber looks confused. "I thought you knew about me?"

"Not your age, I didn't expect you to be a child!" She frowns. 

"It's fine." Amber shrugs off. "I'm a senior anyway."

"Oh. Okay." Eunjung replies, a bit relieved. 

Henry scrolls down his phone. "You will be home schooled and work during the day. At night a tutor will some to teach you."

"A pretty tutor?" Amber asks. Henry shakes his head. "Awww."

"Online tutor." Henry clarifies. "I don't know if it's a he or a she or if they are good looking."

"Fair enough." Amber nods. 

They reach their new home. It's near the beach with a large mansion. Amber feels empty as Krystal's not with her and shrugs inside, whilst helping Eunjung. Henry leaves to attend to other matters. 

Amber lays down on her new bed. It was a brand new twin sized bed. She sighed. The new life here wasn't off to a good start. Krystal wasn't here. 

Knock! Someone taps the door. 

Amber frowns. "Come in."

Eunjung peeks into the door. "I wanted to ask what you wanted for dinner."

Amber sits up. "It depends on what you can make."

"Generally everything." Eunjung opens the door a bit more. "Any suggestions or do you want to help out?"

Amber stares at the girl. Getting up, she responds. "I'll help. I'm quite the cook myself."

Eunjung smiles and Amber follows her down to the kitchen. 

The two try a bunch of ingredients and recipes. It turns out that Eunjung is a skilled chef and can cook anything and Amber was surprised. 

"Wow." Amber stares at the cream soup and pasta. "You're really good."

Eunjung smiles to herself and thanks Amber. 

Grabbing plates and forks, Eunjung serves Amber the pasta. Trying the first bite, Amber is amazed. It tastes really delicious and she digs in for more. Eunjung watches as Amber finishes her plate and gets a second serving. 

"Is it good?" She asks. 

"Itdsfsdff delisssciousds." Amber replies, a mouth full of pasta. Eunjung giggles and Amber smiles.