The Architect

Love Me

Amber lay in bed by herself. Its been a while since the bed was so vacant of space and Amber sighed. Her body yearned for Krystal, not ually, but as a source of warmth and comfort. The new bed was too comfortable that it made Amber feel that it was a bit off. Watching her analog clock, she stayed awake for another two hours before finally falling asleep.

A warm hand touched Amber's forehead. She flinched as she opened her eyes. Taken aback, Eunjung backed up a bit. 

"I-I-it's time to wake up." Eunjung said quietly.

Amber sat up. She sighed and rolled out of bed. Eunjung excused herself and went to the kitchen. 

Changing sloppily Amber heads down. Eunjung was waiting for her, with a plate of eggs. 

"For me?" She asks and Eunjung nods. "Thanks."

Sitting down to eat, Amber stares at the plate. Two eggs, sunny side up and a bacon to make it look like a happy face. Chuckling, she first eats the eggs. 

"You like it?" Eunjung smiles with curious eyes. 

Amber nods. "It's cute."

Eunjung blushes and looks down. "I made it thinking of you."

"Well you got it correct to some degree, except these eggs should have bigger yolks." Amber smiles. Eunjung was a cute girl. But definitely not Amber's style. She liked a bossy, controlling, and scary Krystal. 

"What's today's schedule?" Amber  finishes her breakfast. "Is it a tour of the office?"

"Straight to work." Henry walks in holding folders. "Good morning."

"Morning." Eunjung greets and Amber nods at him. 

"Work? That means reading." Amber groaned. 

"It's only two proposals. And after that we're going to meet the models." Henry adds in. 

"Models?" Amber and Eunjung say at the same time. 

"Yes, for the company." Henry nods. Amber shrugs and Eunjung seems a bit jealous. 

"Be out in thirty minutes." Henry grabs a apple and sits down in the chair beside Amber. 

Amber quickly ran up the stairs. She missed Krystal, but meeting new people wouldn't hurt. After all she's the new CEO and first impressions are very significant. 

Eunjung washed the plates. Henry waited until Amber bounded down wearing casual clothing. 

"What are you wearing?" Henry questions. 

"Clothes. Duh." Amber walks to Henry. 

"But why so casual?" Henry jabs his pen at the jeans. "You're a CEO for goodness sake."

"I don't pay you to tell me I look horrible." Amber crosses her arms. She was offended, people told her she dressed well. 

Henry sighs. "I'll cancel your meeting, we're going shopping."

Eunjung nods in agreement. "You look great, but not professional."

Amber sighs. "I'm still young. Let me wear these type of clothes!"

"Your style isn't that good, it's just casual clothing with shorts," Henry points to the jeans. "In this case it's jeans."

Amber throws her hands up in frustration. "Fine. Go ahead."

"But first, let's go to your office." Henry presents keys. "I'm driving."

"I have a license in Korea, give me." Amber pouts. 

Henry is adamant. "I'm driving. Let's go."

Eunjung, Amber, and Henry make it outside to a Honda Civic.

"..." Amber seems disappointed. 

"What?" Henry becomes defensive. "It's my car not the companies."

Amber sighs. "Fine."

The drive to the nearly built company takes only twenty minutes. Amber is amazed at the scale of the building. It was at least ten times bigger than her mansion, and that house was big. 

Large  windows donned the entrance with a dome like ceiling. Across the entrance was a courtyard of Sakura trees and benches. Going inside was the jaw dropping part. They walked throughout a glass tunnel, with water flowing outside the tunnel, feeding into a large pool under the glass floor. Amber's eyes were wide as she stared across the walls. Paintings were hung up and all of them with distinct features and styles. 

"This place is cool." Amber emphasized the last word. 

Henry nods. "A young architect planned this whole building out. She's a genius."

"Can I meet her?" Amber asks. 

"Of course, in fact she's here to meet you." Henry leads them to the elevator where they head up ten floors. 

"Do I really work here too?" Eunjung asks. She was really quiet for the tour.

"Indeed. The model's director I believe." Henry opens a door and they entered a large room with windows that showcased the trees and nature, blended in with modern homes. 

Inside stood a woman, staring outside the window. 

Henry clears his throat. She turns and is shocked by Amber. 

Amber is shocked as well. "You, why are you here?"