Saved

Love Me
Author POV 

Amber heads home and is greeted with a empty home. Her parents didn't believe in butlers and maids, they wanted her to be as less spoiled as possible. 

But they did not realize the bad effects it would have on Amber. She was alone for most of her childhood, her parents overseas. They seemingly forgot about their only daughter. Her uncle was the only one there for her, becoming a father-like figure. 

Sighing and tired, she takes a nap, forgetting about homework. Three hours later, she gets a phone call from Jonghyun. 

"Yes...." Amber said, still tired.

"Ambro let's go CLUBBING!!!" he screams.

"I'n tired though." 

"AMBER DON'T MAKE ME CALL HYUNA TO FETCH YOU!"

"I'm on my way." Amber sits up, scared. 

She got dressed and then went clubbing with her friends Donghae and Jonghyun. The three of them were childhood friends. Donghae realized in the eighth grade that Amber was a girl, and saw her as a girl from then on, treating her like a sister. Jonghyun, regardless of her gender, treats her like a younger brother. Jonghyun and Donghae start dancing on the floor, and soon began to drink. Amber chose not to drink and be sober as she knows there is a an inportant lesson in school tomorrow and she doesn't want to be drunk in the morning. Bored, she heads out for a smoke. 

She stays hidden, only smoke appearing. Amber spots two people, hugging on the opposite side of the alley. Gross she thinks. She pays close attention, it's a man and a woman. Amber also sees the women, struggling. 

Sighing, she drops her cigarette to stop the drunk man. She stopped right before she was visible, because a girl wearing the club worker uniform came out and saw the two. The girl worker grabs the man and pushes him away. Angry, the man pushes the worker against the wall and walks back to the girl.  

Looking closely, Amber realizes the girl worker is Krystal and swears silently. This girl, working two jobs, Amber thought. She puts on her hat, covering her face as she approaches the three people. 

"Excuse me sir." Amber taps the man's shoulder. He turns to look at Amber, and she punches him in the face and is knocked out cold. 

"Are you alright?" Amber kneels down to the girl. 

The girl starts crying and Krystal gets up. "Thank you." Krystal says. "Pardon me, I still have a shift to work."

Before she leaves, Amber grabs her hand and makes Krystal face her, checking for any injuries. She sees that her hand is bloody from scraping against some sharp object. 

"You are bleeding." 

"Help the girl. I'm fine." Krystal pulls her hand away and walks back in. 

That girl...

Amber looks back at the girl and helps her up. "Miss, are you hurt?"

"I-I-I-I-I'm scared." she sniffles. Amber sighs and pats her head. 

"You'll be fine. I'll call security and you can report him okay?"

"..."

Amber turns to walk inside, but is stopped by the girl. "Yes?"

"I'm Suzy Bae."

"My names Amber."

The next day

Amber heads to school, refreshed and ready. Donghae and Jonghyun skipped because of their hangovers. 

Seated, Amber looks around for Krystal, who makes it right as the bell rings. She looks tired and has a bandage around her hand. 

The entire lesson, Amber couldn't focus, and just stared at Krystal. 

During break, Amber walks up to Krystal. "How is your hand?"

With a frown, Krystal looks up, "How did you know I hurt my hand?"

"Uhhhh.. Because... Because it's bandaged!" Amber smacked her head in her thoughts. Stupid stupid she thought. 

"Are you sure you aren't a stalker...?" Krystal looks back to her worksheet. 

"I'm class president.. I have to care for my fellow students." Amber looks away to the fangirls who are boiling with jealousy. 

"If that's it then you can leave."

Amber turns away. 

"Oh and, don't come to the cafe again." Krystal whispers puts on her ear phones and blasts music on her iPod. 

Somewhat angry at Krystal's remarks, Amber returns to his seat and quickly opens a textbook, needing a distraction. 

Amber POV

I ask her how she's doing and she's just rude about it. What do I see in her. She's just a girl with no manners when someone is concerned about her. 

I've been slacking with grades.. I'm number two now. Who is the current number one. 

I scroll up the rankings. And I find Krystal is number one. That's ridiculous. She's working two jobs and she beat me. Furious, I stand up and leave the room, going to my sanctuary, the rooftop. 

I pull out a cigarette and light it up. Siting on the edge I stare at the sky. 

"If you slip, you can die." A voice says behind me. 

"... Suzy Bae?" I look at the girl I saved yesterday. 

"Yes, I go to this school sunbae... Thanks again for yesterday, that wasn't a good moment to introduce myself."

"It was nothing. I'm just an ordinary student who happened to see something wrong, and I took action."

Suzy walks up and leans on the edge, "I've thought of suicide, the things I've done. You wouldn't want to talk to me if you knew." 

"There's a thing called grace."

"Your funny. I like you." She smiles at me. 

Krystal POV

I'm pretty sure that person yesterday was Amber... The bandage on my hand isn't large and it's not that noticeable. 

Why does she keep talking to me. Did I not make it clear I don't want to involve with her?  

"Hey you." Three girls walk up to me. 

"Yes?" 

"Lately, you've been hanging around Amber unnie a lot."

"Not really, she just keeps talking to me."

One girl scoffs, "Why would she want to talk to a poor girl like you." She grabs Krystal's collar. "Stop hanging around her. This is your only warning."

They push me against the wall and walk away. 

Why do they think I want to talk to Amber. That stupid girl. And I'm not poor. Stupid. AISH