First Impression

Love Me
I'm proud to announce the start of the story!! I felt guilty leaving you hanging until 2013. :S

Author POV

It was a cold rainy day as students shuffled into Seoul High School. Among them, Amber was calmly walking and behind her were hordes of fangirls screaming over her. Amber was used to this, she was rich, smart, athletic, and to top it all off, she was freaking handsome. All the girls wanted her and all the boys envied her. What she wants, she gets and no one could stop her because her uncle was the dean of the school and her parents were the CEOs of a clothing brand company. To meet the expectations of everyone, Amber made a mask of kindness, while she secretly cares for nothing. 

Amber manages to get to class and bumps into someone. A tall and pretty girl. 

"Sorry." Amber apologizes, "I didn't see you there" 

"Ow... It's okay," The girl quietly says. She gets up, brushes her skirt and proceeds to sit down. 

Interesting girl, Amber thought. 

Amber quickly sits beside her as the teacher arrives. 

"Welcome to school kids. Hope to enjoyed your weekend. Now. Ah. We have a new student." Leeteuk signals the girl to stand up. "This is Krystal Jung, treat her well."

The girl who bumped into Amber, Krystal stands up and bows. "Hi, I'm Krystal and I moved from America recently. Pleased to meet you all."

"Okay let's get started." Leeteuk begins his lesson.

During break Teacher Leeteuk comes up to Amber.

"Amber, as class president, could you show Krystal around the school now?" Teacher Leeteuk asks. 

"Sure." Amber and Krystal both leave the class. 

What a pain. Amber sighs.  

They first start at the main office and tour the school.  The entire time, no one says anything except for the occasional comment about the direction they are headed. As they walked Amber checks Krystal out. 

Long legs, the skirt seems too short. Long black hair, seems soft. Small face, cute. Amber thought.

"So..." Amber tries to make conversation, "How are you liking the school?" 

"Decently built." Krystal replies.

"You said you were from America right, I am too, where did you live?"

"None of your business."

"Well I'm from California." Amber says, silently annoyed at the short responses. 

Once they are done touring, they head back to class and Krystal sits away from Amber. Amber shrugs and talks to Sulli, her best friend. 

"Did you know that Minho has a girlfriend now?" Sulli sulks. "He was mine!"

"He's not dating anyone... that girl in the photo is his sister. Can't you see the similarities between them, they have the same nose." Amber shakes her head. 

""Are you sure?" Sulli questions.

"Yes. I've even met her..."

"What's she like?"

"Like his sister..." Amber grins. Fangirls in the room squeal with joy.

"Well aren't you popular. People are going to think we're dating" Sulli jokes.

"Hmm I don't think so."

"Why not?"

"Everyone knows you like Minho." Amber stil her tongue out playfully. "And you don't like girls."

"So? I can try some new things." Sulli wriggles her eyebrows.

"Stay away from me you... Giant baby!!" Amber falls from her seat, drawing attention from the class including Krystal. "Ehem, sorry. I'm okay."

After school, Amber heads to the local cafe to buy a snack. 

Amber POV

Ahhhh so hungry. Mom and dad are in Europe  so there's no one home. I want food.  

I go to the local cafe, The French Bench, and order a chicken sandwich and lemonade. Surprisingly, the clerk was Krystal. She seems alarmed at seeing me.

"Hey, Krystal right?" I say as I make my orders. 

"Yes... why are you here?" She asks

"I'm hungry."

"By chance, are you following me?"

"What?" I start laughing.

"..."

"I'm just here to eat. Hey. Want to give me a discount, since we known each other?"

"Please don't mix school with my job. That's $15.73. No discount."

I chuckle. As I eat, I watch as Krystal work. The male customers seem very enthusiastic around her. She seems bubbly, smiling often. Her smiles are warm. I like her smile. It's like the sun in Alaska, it brightens me up. 

I walk up and hand her a fifty dollar tip and I leave. She looks at me confused and chased me out the door. 

"Excuse me, what is this?" Krystal holds the fifty dollars. 

"A tip."

"For what."

"For being a good worker.. Cafes don't pay that much right? And seeing how you're working there, I thought you should get a raise." What am I saying? The words just keep coming out. 

"I don't need your charity and don't assume I need help money-wise." She grabs my hand. And gives me back the fifty. Without another word, she walks back into the cafe. 

I smirk. What an interesting girl.