Twenty-Three

Built By

Woohyun was finally released from the hospital and was now at Sunggyu's house. He was lazing out on the couch, staring blankly at the tv. He was devoid of all emotion, which was caused by the loss of his job. He didn't know how to act or what to say. This diner was his dream, and he was so proud of it.

Sunggyu sighed as he stared at the state Woohyun was in. It broke his heart seeing him. He couldn't even imagine what Woohyun was like during the period of their temporary break up. It was probably worse than this, which left a pang in Sunggyu's heart. He felt so bad about everything.

He felt like everything was his fault. He was the one who initiated the break up. The break up tore Woohyun down. This then caused him to not pay attention and eat the poisoned meat. That's what caused Woohyun to lose his job.

Sunggyu wanted to pay Woohyun back for everything. He's going to do anything to make him happy again. Sighing, Sunggyu sat down on the couch next to Woohyun, handing him his a cup of coffee. Woohyun shook his head and looked up at Sunggyu, giving him a small smile as he took the coffee. Sunggyu could tell there was no emotion left in Woohyun's eyes.

“Woohyun, I know you're upset,” Sunggyu said with a sigh. “But it's not the end of the world.”

“That was my dream job, Sunggyu,” Woohyun said, shaking his head. “I saved up so much money for that diner! When I finally got it, I did everything to keep it open! It all just went away like that.”

“It might not be your dream job, but you'll definitely find something you love. You have that much potential, Woohyun. I know you can find something you truly love,” Sunggyu said, pulling him in to a hug. “Maybe it will take a while, but that will be okay. I'll help you every single step of the way.”

“You're not going to let me go again, are you?” Woohyun asked, looking up at Sunggyu.

“I would never let you go,” Sunggyu said, shaking his head. “I'm gonna stay by your side forever. I'm going to stand by you and help you get a job you want. I'm going to make sure you stay healthy and live well.”

“Can I live in your apartment forever?” Woohyun asked, snuggling his face into Sunggyu's chest.

“Of course you can,” Sunggyu said, nodding his head. “And then maybe we can buy a house together. We don't want to stay in a small apartment for the rest of our lives, do we?”

“But I don't have money for that, yet,” Woohyun said, shaking his head.

“Woohyun, I'm rich enough that I don't even need to be staying in an apartment. I think we'll be fine,” Sunggyu said, laughing and kissing his cheek.

“I'm glad, then,” Woohyun said, nodding his head. “As long as we always have a place to live, then that will be okay.”

“And we always will,” Sunggyu replied, nodding his head.

Sungyeol skipped along happily, dragging Myungsoo along by his wrist. He decided he wanted to go out to the movies, and he wanted Myungsoo to come too. He felt a strong connection with the younger male, which made him never want to let him go. He always wanted to spend every waking hour with Myungsoo. That's how he felt content with his life.

Sungyeol spotted a coffee shop and changed directions, pulling Myungsoo inside. Myungsoo sighed in annoyance, but followed him anyway. He couldn't protest being with him. He was actually starting to enjoy all the times he spent with Sungyeol. The tall boy really knew how to have some fun.

They both sat down at a table together, before Sungyeol rushed up to the front counter to order some drinks. Myungsoo just sat in his seat, playing a game on his phone. Once he saw that Sungyeol was back at the table, he put the phone away and took his drink out of Sungyeol's hands. The two drank in silence, enjoying the peaceful silence around them. It was the first time ever that Sungyeol actually didn't mind being quiet.

“You know,” Myungsoo said, causing Sungyeol to look up at him. “I'm glad Woohyun is okay now.”

“I'm glad they're back together,” Sungyeol agreed, nodding his head in agreement. “I really hate seeing him like that. I hope not to see him like that every again.”

“It's going to be a while until he's truly happy again,” Myungsoo said with a sigh. “His whole life was that diner. Now it's gone. It's going to take a while of getting used to for him. Before us, there was only his coworkers at the diner. He must be so sad seeing his friends go. Not just him, but all of his employees are now unemployed.

“I can't even imagine what it would be like to be with out a job,” Sungyeol said, shaking his head. “If I were to leave my pet shop... I would be so upset.”

“I would be upset if I had to leave photography,” Myungsoo agreed, nodding his head.

“What do you think a fitting job for Woohyun would be?” Sungyeol asked. “He can go back to being a chef at a new restaurant.”

“I don't think he would want to do that,” Myungsoo said, shaking his head. “It wouldn't be the same for him.”

“That's true,” Sungyeol said, nodding his head. “Then what do you think?”

“I can see him as an idol,” Myungsoo stated. “He can get Hoya to be his choreographer. He has me as his photographer. All he needs is a vocal instructor and a manager, then he's all set. I know a company he can audition under. They're looking for trainees right now. I do photography for their idols all the time. I bet they'll debut him right away, honestly.”

“Can hyung dance and sing?” Sungyeol asked, frowning.

“I know he can. I've seen it before,” Myungsoo said, nodding his head. “We've been to karaoke with him before. You know how well he can sing.”

“It does sound like a fitting job for him. He would like it,” Sungyeol said, nodding his head. “He loves the attention.”

“He does,” Myungsoo agreed, smiling at his hyung and finishing his coffee.

“Mommy! Look what I can do!” Jonghyun cried, climbing up a statue and jumping off of it.

“Honey, be careful! You'll get hurt!” Hyunsoo cried, running after her son and grabbing his arm.

Hyunsoo and Sungjong decided to take the boys out to the park. They found a huge park in the middle of the park and decided to let the boys run wild. Jonghyun decided it would be fun to cause destruction and run wild. Kibum saw what his brother was doing, and figured it was okay. So together, they crashed threw the whole park, laughing and doing dangerous stunts.

Hyunsoo sighed in annoyance and shook her head. Sungjong just laughed and her and pat her back, telling her everything will be okay. He kept saying they were kids, and kids will do whatever they like to have fun. Hyunsoo softly agreed with him and watched the two. Kibum was now running after a squirrel.

“Jonghyun hyung, can you climb the tree and get Key the squirell?” Kibum asked, pointing at the tree.

“I don't think I can catch a squirrel,” Jonghyun said, shaking his head. “Squirrels are too fast for me.”

“But Key wants the squirrel!” Kibum whined, stomping his foot on the ground.

“I'm not getting you the squirrel,” Jonghyun replied, walking away to play with something else.”

“KEY WANTS THE SQUIRREL!” Kibum wailed, throwing himself on the ground and pounding his fist into it. “SQUIRREL SQUIRREL SQUIRREL SQUIRREL!”

Tears flowed down his cheeks as he threw his tantrum. Hyunsoo looked around, seeing that almost everyone was staring at him down. Blushing in embarrassment, she ran up to him and took him in her arms. She looked over at Sungjong, asking him for help as Kibum continued to cry out and pound his tiny fists into her chest. When Sungjong took him in to his arms, Kibum started kicking as well.

“Kibum, stop that,” Hyunsoo said, brushing his fallen hair out of his eyes. “You can't have the squirrel, baby. Now quiet down.”

“I WANT WOOIE!” Kibum cried, shaking his head repeated.

“What's up with his fascination for Woohyun?” Sungjong asked, frowning.

“I don't know,” Hyunsoo said with a sigh. “Kibum-ah, Woohyun is busy right now.”

“I. WANT. WOOIE. NOW.” Kibum screeched.

“Should we take him to Woohyun's and Sunggyu's?” Sungjong asked, looking over Kibum's shoulder at Hyunsoo.

“I don't know,” Hyunsoo said, shaking her head. “He's never had a tantrum like this. I don't know what to do.”

“Umma, why is Kibum screaming?” Jonghyun asked, running back over to them.

“It doesn't matter, Jonghyun. But we're leaving, let's go,” she said, pulling on to Jonghyun's wrist as she walked away with Sungjong trailing behind.

Hoya and Dongwoo sat on the floor in the dance studio, exhausted from the hour they just spent dancing. Hoya looked up at the ceiling, closing his eyes. He really enjoyed his time dancing with Dongwoo. It gave them so much time together. It's been quite a while since they've been able to spend any alone time together.

Dongwoo tapped Hoya on the shoulder, holding out a bottle of water towards him. Hoya smiled gratefully and took it from him. He gulped down about half the bottle, before twisting the lid back on and tossing it aside. He then stood up and pulled Dongwoo up along with him. The two made their way to the locker rooms to get dressed.

“That felt so good!” Hoya cried with a wide grin. “You're getting so much better, hyung!”

“I want to do another competition with you,” Dongwoo told him as they made it in to the locker rooms. “I love dancing with my boyfriend.”

“You're so weird,” Hoya said, pecking him on this lips before undressing and walking over to the shower. “But we can sign up for a competition if you want! That would be fun!”

“Yeah it would,” Dongwoo said, nodding his head in agreement. “The last one I had a blast!”

“And of course Hyunsoo and the class will sign up too,” Hoya said, letting the cold water run down his whole body. “And then Woohyun and Sunggyu will be stuck watching the kids.”

“The last time that happened, it ended up in a disaster!”

“That's because Woohyun's an awful babysitter,” Hoya said, laughing.

“Sungyeol and Myungsoo just came in and made it worse!” Dongwoo replied, shaking his head as he his own shower.

“Sungyeol is just as much as a kid as those two boys are,” Hoya said with a sigh. “But enough about them. What do you want to do tonight?”

“Let's go out for dinner,” Dongwoo suggested, looking up at Hoya. “It's been a while since we had dinner together.”

“I agree,” Hoya said, nodding his head. “What do you want to eat for tonight?”

“Let's have Italian,” Dongwoo suggested with a bright smile on his face.

“Italian sounds so good,” Hoya replied, nodding his head. “I haven't had Italian in years!”

“Neither have I!” Dongwoo agreed. “So let's hurry so we can go get something to eat!”

“Okay,” Hoya stated, finishing his shower so that the two can get started on their date. This is going to be a fun night.

Dongwoo turned off his water and ran to get his clothes on. Hoya followed behind, laughing along with his boyfriend. It took them a few minutes to actually put their clothes on correctly. Once they had them on, they stumbled out of the building. It was time to get their night started.


A/N OMG, I'm so so so so so sorry for not updating guys! I really am... My only excuse is that I got so distracted by my stories Where We Begin and A University Dream... I'm so sorry! It's harder without Maureen helping... But it's Christmas Eve, soooo MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Please enjoy these little presents I made for you!