Fifteen

Built By

Written by NewClear-kay

Chapter Fifteen

 

Hoya sighed as he watched his class run through their dances one more time. It was the day of the competition and he was really stressing out about the whole thing. Not only did he have his four teams to worry about, but he and Dongwoo had to do a performance as well. The people in charge of the competition called him and said a team quit on them and they really needed another team. He talked to Dongwoo, and the older boy agreed right away.

“Everyone, run through your dances one more time. I want you all to have this done perfectly. I don’t want ANY errors,” he called to his class. “We’ll go in order. Group one, go up.”

“But Mr. Lee~” Dongho whined, looking at Hoya. “We’re tired and hungry.”

“No whining,” Hoya ordered, frowning at his student. “The competition is in three hours. We need to make sure we have the dances down. We’ll eat something later.”

“But-”

“No buts. Didn’t you say you wanted to be an idol in the future? Idols don’t get as much freetime as you do. Now group one, start.”

The group hastily made it to the center of the room and Hoya started the music. The kids immediately started dancing, falling perfectly in sync with eachother. Hoya crossed his arms and watched them, just as Dongwoo, Hyunsoo and Sungjong came walking in. “Hoya, you seem to be working them really hard,” Dongwoo observed as he walked over to him.

“Perfect, you’re here,” Hoya said, looking at the three. “Sungjong, Hyunsoo, make sure these four groups get their dances down. Once all of of them show their dances with no mistakes, you can take them out for lunch. Dongwoo and I need to go practice.”

“Hoya, you really need to stop stressing,” Hyunsoo said, frowning. “They’re going to do fine.”

“I know. But still,” Hoya said, shaking his head.

“You and Dongwoo will do fine, too. You’ve been practicing for hours on end. You came back to the room last night at like 4 in the morning. I think you’re ready.”

“I agree with Hoya,” Dongwoo said, setting his hand on Hoya’s shoulder. “I think we should practice just a couple more times.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, we’re sure,” Hoya told her. “We’ll just meet you in the waiting room.”

“Well, Sungjong and I will have to be in the audience. We’ll sit with your family.”

“Whatever,” Hoya said, shaking his head. He then grabbed Dongwoo’s wrist and they burst out of the room.

"You seem tense," Dongwoo stated as soon as they made it to their own practice room. Hoya sighed and plopped down on the floor. Dongwoo joined him, rubbing the younger's back.

"I'm just so stressed. I'm always like this when my class performs," Hoya replied, sighing in frustration. "I also have this feeling that something is going to go terribly wrong tonight."

 


 

"This is bad. This is so bad," Hyunsoo muttered as she grasped thightly onto Sungjong's hand. The performance has already been going on for three hours. It was already nearing 10 PM and there was still 2 performances left, plus the judging. Two of their groups went and did perfectly. They got every step down with no flaws. That was their first two teams.

When their 3rd team went on, Yookwon's pants fell down. They were disqualified because of that. Now their 4th team was on stage. They were stumbling into eachother, messing up eachother's moves. "I bet Hoya's very upset watching this," Hyojin stated, watching the group in horror.

"I wouldn't be surprised," Hyunsoo replied, nodding her head.

"Hyung was so excited, too," Hojun added, watching his brother's class making fools out of themselves. Just then, AJ tripped and fell on his foot. Hyunsoo could see his facial expression light up with pain.The song stopped and the group helped AJ up, rushing off the stage.

Hyunsoo groaned and covered her face as the next group came on. "This is bad. So so bad," she whispered into her hands.

"Who was that poor boy who twisted his ankle?" Hoya's mom asked.

"That was AJ," Sungjong told her as he hugged Hyunsoo. "Poor guy."

Just then Hyunsoo's phone buzzed and she took it out of her pocket, finding a message from Sunggyu. She opened it up and immediately started laughing.

From Gyu Oppa: Mommy. Woohyunnie hyung is being mean and he and hamster Gyu won't let me play video games!

Sungjong looked at her, smiling. "What's so funny?" he asked her.

"Jonghyun. He's complaining because Woohyun won't let him play video games," Hyunsoo replied.

"Poor Woohyun hyung."

"Who's Jonghyun?" Hyojin asked, turning on the couple.

"My son," Hyunsoo replied as she typed out a message to her son.

To Gyu Oppa: Well, honey, you're supposed to be in bed. Give Sunggyu his phone back and go to sleep.

She sighed and put her phone back in her pocket. Just then, the final performers were called on stage. Hoya and Dongwoo came out dressed in black tanktops, sweat pants and hats. Hoya had an unreadable look on his face. His brothers and sister jumped up, cheeting him on. Hoya gave them a small smile before the song started.

The two danced smoothly together, matching eachother's movements. The performance was so breath-taking that everybody stopped talking and cheering and making whatever other noises. They just watched in amazement with curious eyes.

 


 

It was break time before the judges would score the groups, two of which were Hoya's. Hoya and Dongwoo made it back stage and headed striaght to their waiting room. When they made it inside, the whole class was there. Hyunsoo came running in behind them before Hoya slammed the door shut. Everyone looked up, speechless.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" Hoya shouted at his class, crossing his arms over his chest. Dongwoo massaged Hoya's shoulders, trying to keep him calm. "Two teams disqualified?! We worked so hard for this!"

"We're sorry Mr. Lee," the whole disqualified section of the class said in unison, hanging their heads in apology. Hoya groaned and walked around the room with his head in his hands.

"Two teams! Do you know what this will do to our school?! What were you guys thinking?!"

"Hoya, calm down," Dongwoo said, placing his hands on Hoya's shoulders. Hoya growled and pushed Dongwoo away, turning on the class again.

"We practiced over and over and over again! How did you miss up? What in the world is wrong with you all? We practiced so exactly this wouldn't happen!"

"Hoya," Dongwoo said, trying to calm the younger boy down. But Hoya shook his head once again.

"Yookwon! If your pants were to big, why in the world didn't you let anyone know?! Instead,you let them fall down on stage! What is this?! AND TEAM FOUR! WHAT IN THE WORLD?! YOU GUYS WERE RUNNING INTO EACHOTHER ALL OVER THE PLACE! WHAT WAS THAT?!"

Team four bowed their heads as AJ iced his foot. At the sight of that, Hoya brightened up a little bit. "How is your foot doing, AJ?" he asked.

"It hurts," AJ answered, looking at Hoya.

"I hope it gets better," Hoya said, nodding his head. He sighed and rubbed his temples. "I'm sorry for yelling."

"Alright, we're going to announce our top 3 winners. Can we have all dancers that were not disqualified out on the stage right now?" an announcer said over the intercom. Hoya sighed and looked at Hyunsoo.

"Stay with the rest of them. We have to go," Hoya odered before rushing out with teams one and two. They gathered on the stage with 27 other teams and the mcs, behind the closed curtains. They stood quietly, waiting for the final results. "I'm kind of nervous," Hoya stated, looking at Dongwoo.

Dongwoo laughed and patted Hoya's back. "It's okay," Dongwoo told him. "We're bound to have a good score."

Just as that was said, the curtains opened and the crowd started cheering. Hoya sighed and looked at Dongwoo, who gave him a nod of encouragement. "OKay!" the MC cried, causing everyone to quiet down. "So I would like to thank everyone for coming and all of the 50 groups that made it here to perform for us. We even had to get a last minute group that performed tonight because a group quit on us. And our rules were VERY strict. That's why we had twenty teams disqualified today. This is THE 22nd Annual South Korea Dance Competition is Busan. It's a big deal, wouldn't you all agree?"

"Now, we had some REALLY great performers! Even the ones that were disqualified were amazing. We have nothing against ANYONE! We loved every single dancer that came up here. The winners were a tough choice to decide on. Even we don't know the winners. So please don't kill us," the second MC said. Everyone laughed. Then the first MC held up is hand and everyone quieted down.

"Alright. It's time to read who was in third place," the MC said, taking out a piece of paper. Everyone in Hoya's group all grabbed hands, praying silently together as they waited for the MC to continue. "Aww, no way! Of COURSE they would win. I mean, they ARE from the BEST dance school in the world. You know, that one in Seoul that everyone is trying to get into? Yeah, that one. Sooo, let's give it up for Paradise Dancers team one for getting third place!"

The boy group immediately dropped hands as their eyes went wide and they stared at eachother in shock. Hoya cheered loudly as he started pushing the boys to the front of the stage to recieve their prize. Daeyeol quickly took the trophy and held it up high as everyone cheered for them. They all bowed before walking back over to their team, jumping and cheering in excitement, waving the trophy around. "WE DID IT~~~ WE WON!!!! Daeyeol screeched in a high pitched voice, much like Sungyeol's dolphin voice.

"He's totally Sungyeol's brother," Dongwoo whispered into Hoya's ear. Hoya just laughed and patted his students on the back. They then turned back to the MCs, who were getting ready to announce the next winner.

"Alright!" the MC cried, grinning widely. "Time to see who our second place winner is~"

"Here we go," the other MC said, pulling out a piece of paper. His eyes widened as he stood their, speechless.

"Well?" The other MC asked, looking at him. He sighed and took the paper out of his hands. "It can't be. Wow, these girls were just too cute! Of course they would get second place. They were just so talented."

"I agree. No wonder. Their teachers must be like the best people in the world to have had their students reach this point. Out of 50 teams. They have 2 teachers, don't they?"

"Yeah, only two. A girl with two kids and, well, the best dancer in the whole wide world, of course."

"Wow, a single mother with two kids and a professional dancer as the teachers for 20 students. They have their hands full. Well, guess what?! Paradise Dancers won once again! Give it up for their second team, AND their only girls!" The crowd went wild as Hoya's went wider with shock. He clung onto Dongwoo, who was laughing so gittily. The girls ran up to grab their trophy, bowing politely to the audience and blowing kisses. Then they ran back over to their classmates and teacher, hugging them all.

"THIS IS INSANE!" Daeyeol screeched, as he hugged Sulli.

"Daeyeol, can you stop screaming like that?" Sulli asked, flinching slightly.

"Sorry babe," he said, hanging his head. Everyone just laughed and shook their heads.

"Exactly like Sungyeol," Hoya said, nodding at Dongwoo. Dongwoo laughed as they turned their attention back to the MCs.

"AND FOR FIRST PLACE!" the MC cried, jumping up and down and waving the paper around. He took out the paper and immediately stopped in his tracks. "This can't be!"

"What?" the other MC asked, looking at him with questioning eyes.

"It's a miracle!" The MC cried into his microphone. "Who would ever have guessed it?! I guess this is why you don't call them to come down here. They're just SO advanced to everyone else. Maybe this really wasn't a fair competition, because these guys are just so perfect! They were our last minute substitutions, as well! Better yet, one is a daycare teacher! Who would've known he would be a dancer. You all know his name, right? Jang Dongwoo? The owner of Fly High daycare? Yeah, him. And of course THE OWNER of Paradise Dancers, Lee Howon! You saw how perfect they both were on stage. They were our final performance! No wonder Lee Howon's students are so perfect! Him and Kim Hyunsoo must be doing a perfect job with their students! Look how far they came!"

"Soooo, for first place, LET'S GIVE IT UP FOR THE DANCING DUE, LEE HOWON AND JANG DONGWOO!" the other MC cried, jumping up and down in their place. Hoya's eyes went wider than saucers as he processed that he had JUST WON THE WHOLE COMPETITION. He stood there with a shocked expression on his face before Dongwoo cried his hand, pulling him back into the real world.

"Come on Hoya. We have a prize to collect," Dongwoo said with a wide, goofy grin. He pulled Hoya to the front and they recieved their trophy, which was about half the size of Dongwoo. The both bowed to the audience as they cheered nonstop. Hoya's whole family and Sungjong were standing on their chairs, waving crazily at them. Hoya laughed and waved back at them before bowing once again.

"Already then. Winners, please stay on stage. We have to announce your prizes. Other performers, go ahead and head back stage again. Thankyou so much for participating in this year's competition."

Once ever group but the 12 of them and the two MCs were gone, the MCs turned to them with wide grins. "Well, since it was your school that won all three places, we'll give your school as a whole the money. You guys won 559890000.00 won for your school (500, 000 USD)!" the other MC cried, clapping his hands.

Hoya's eyes went wide as they handed him a large check. "Congratulations to all of you. Now we must go. Goodnight!"

Once all of that was was done, Hoya and his class ran out to greet the rest of their class and Hyunsoo. Soon enough, Hoya's family and Sungjong joined them, hugging Hoya and Dongwoo. “THREE AWARDS FOR OUR SCHOOL! GREAT JOB, GUYS! I’M SO PROUD!” Hyunsoo screeched. Everyone nodded in agreement as she clapped hands with everyone before tackling Hoya and Dongwoo in a huge hug.

That night they celebrated together, letting Woohyun, Sunggyu, Myungsoo and Sungyeol know about their victories. The next day they would be going home.


A/N Sooooo there's a victory for them!! Haha, hope you guys like this chapter! Yeah, this is how I get my mind off things. Updating fanfics like none other. Please check out and support my Infinite Songfic Collection I'm accepting requests for the last couple songs left! :D That's what I've been doing for the last couple of days >< The Wings chapter is what reflects my mood right now, honestly. So yes, please read and support that AND THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR THE NEW SUBSCRIBERS! I LOVE YOU ALL! 6 SUBSCRIBERS SINCE MAUREEN UPDATED, WAHHHH?! THANKYOU SO SO SO MUCH!!! Noooow, please comment and continue to enjoy and support us with this story! We have so many more ideas around the corner for you guys!!! <3 Okay, byeee~~ 

-Kay