Twenty-Two

Built By

A/N I was too tempted to update! Sooooo back to the story! Feels like forever, huh? I'll get more updates up for you faster now! I love you all!!! Here's Chapter Twenty-Two!


“How is he doing?” a voice asked as soon as Sunggyu made his way out of the room.

Sunggyu looked up to find all his friends staring at him with expectant looks. Sunggyu sighed deeply and gave them a small nod. He then left the room, trying to clear his head. He couldn’t believe that Woohyun was actually that sick. It was all his fault.

“Sunggyu!” Sungjong cried, rushing up to him. “Tell us. How is he doing?”

“He’s breathing,” Sunggyu said with a sigh. “All the poison is out of his system. Now he’s just really sick. We need to let him rest.”

“Oh, that’s good,” Sungjong said, nodding his head.

“Tell me, how did this happen?” Sunggyu asked, finally looking up to meet Sungjong’s eyes.

“I… I don’t know, Sunggyu. I really don’t. I just know he’s depressed because of-“ he started, but was cut off by a glare from his hyung.

“Because of me, I know. It’s my ing fault he’s like this! I get it! You don’t have to rub it in my face!” Sunggyu screamed, finally letting out his pent up anger and frustration.

“I wasn’t gonna say because of you, hyung!” Sungjong cried, shaking his head. “You just saved his life! Of course it’s not your fault!”

“Then what WERE you going to say? Because of the break up?” Sunggyu asked, shutting the boy up. “Cause the break up was my fault. Which meant this is my fault too. I heard what you guys said about him being completely broken. He couldn’t even leave his house, could he?”

“No,” Sungjong said, shaking his head. “He couldn’t.”

“He hasn’t eaten, either. It’s been a while since he’s last had a meal,” Sunggyu said, close to tears. “I ruined everything. And I miss him so badly.”

“Hyung, he misses you too,” Sungjong said, reaching over and pulling Sunggyu into a hug. “He misses you so much. You saved his life, hyung. He doesn’t hate you. In fact, I think he’ll love you even more now.”

“Don’t say he doesn’t hate me,” Sunggyu said, as tears finally streamed down his cheeks. “I know he hates me. Everything is my fault, Sungjong. Everything. I need to make it up to him. I need him back. I need him badly.”

“You already have him, Sunggyu,” Myungsoo said as he joined them in the hall. “You always have. Woohyun can’t live without you. Just the thought of you kept him alive, hyung. Even though he was so depressed about the breakup, he only ever thought of you.”

“You’re his life, hyung,” Sungjong said, nodding his head and pulling away from Sunggyu. “And we know he’s yours. We know how hard everything has been on you since the breakup. You’re just as bad as him. You might not be cooped up in your house, but that doesn’t matter. Hyung, you need him back.”

“You need each other so badly,” Myungsoo agreed, nodding his head. “So please fix everything with him. We know you two haven’t ended. We can tell. I guess this is just a… break for you guys.”

“You’re right,” Sunggyu said with a sigh. “I’ll have to fix all of this. I’m sorry about everything guys. I know this all has been hard on you. You probably hate us, don’t you?”

“We never hated you, Sunggyu,” Sungjong said, shaking his head. “We only thought that the both of you were just too damn stubborn to admit that you miss each other. It’s obvious you do, and I’m glad that you see that now. That’s all we wanted. We only wanted to help.”

“I see… Thanks guys,” Sunggyu said, nodding his head. “Everything will be okay-“

“Where is my son?! Where in the world is he?!” a shrill voice cried as a woman and man came running into the room, followed by a boy who looked about Sunggyu’s age. “Doctor, tell me where he is.”

“Your son…?” Sunggyu asked, looking up at them and wiping away his tears.

“Yes my son! Are you deaf?” the woman asked. You could see the worry written all over her face.

“C-can I ask who your son is?” Sunggyu asked, frowning.

“Hyung, I think she’s talking about Woohyun hyung,” Sungjong said, eyeing the boy. “This guy looks just like him.”

“Does he? I don’t see it,” Sunggyu stated, studying the guy.

“That’s because Woohyun is your-“

“It doesn’t matter anyway,” Sunggyu said, rolling his eyes. “Is your son Nam Woohyun?”

“Yes, Woohyun’s my son, stupid,” the mother said, impatiently. “Where is he?”

“Yeobo, speak more kindly to the man,” the man beside her said with a sigh. “Sorry about that. She’s a little… over protective.”

“Well she shouldn’t speak that way to Gyu hyung!” Sungyeol cried, skipping over to them. “He just saved Woohyun hyung’s life!”

“Y-you’re his doctor?” the woman asked, looking Sunggyu up and down. “Doctor Kim?”

“Gyu… Kim Sunggyu?” the boy asked, stepping in front of his parents.

“Uh, yeah,” Sunggyu said, nodding his head. “How’d you know?”

“Woohyun’s told me all about you, of course,” the boy said, laughing. “I’m his older brother, Nam Boohyun.”

“Boohyun, who is this guy?” Mrs. Nam asked, turning on her son.

“Mom, be more respectful. He’s Woohyun’s doctor. As that guy just said, he just saved Woohyun’s life. He’s the only doctor here that can heal poisoned patients,” Boohyun said, gesturing towards Sunggyu.

“Woohyun told me about you too, Sunggyu,” Mr. Nam said, smiling widely. “Aren’t you Woohyun’s boyfriend? He talks about you all the time.”

“A-ah, yeah,” Sunggyu said, hesitantly nodding his head. “I-I am…”

“Really?” Mrs. Nam asked, her whole demeanor changing. “He told me he had a boyfriend! I didn’t know it was such a handsome guy! I mean, I knew he was a doctor, but THE doctor Kim?”

“Now you know him?” Boohyun asked, frowning. “Mom, you just went off about asking who the ‘almighty doctor Kim’ was. You can’t just suddenly change your mind and say you know who he is!”

“Oh shut up,” Mrs. Nam said, rolling her eyes. “But wait… Didn’t you and Woohyun break up?”

“That…” Sunggyu said, exchanging glances with his three friends. “We- I…”

“But you obviously still love him,” Mrs. Nam said, shaking her head. “Just get back together with him. He obviously loves you a lot. He’s always talking about his amazing boyfriend.”

“You’re… you’re not mad with me?” Sunggyu asked, frowning.

“Of course I’m not,” Mrs. Nam said, laughing. “Why would I be?”

“Well… the whole breakup was my fault… which led to him getting poisoned…”

“Did you poison him yourself?” Mrs. Nam asked with raised eyebrows.

“Well no, of course not. I-“

“Then it’s okay, honey,” she said, shaking her head. “Now tell me, what exactly happened to him?”

“He’s been completely out of it since the breakup,” Sungyeol started, causing everyone to turn on him. “Dongwoo hyung and I even went to see him this morning. His whole apartment was completely dark and he was locked up in his room. He was like… a zombie. He wouldn’t stop crying. He was so broken! And then we got him to go to work.”

“Then?” Mrs. Nam asked, not being able to hide her anxiety.

“And then… at the restaurant, well…. He was cooking meat. He didn’t check it or anything. He just grabbed it. While he was talking to me and Myungsoo…. He finished cooking it and ate a bite of it… it turned out that the meat was poisoned… and he collapsed. It was so scary,” Sungyeol said, shaking his head.

“That big idiot,” Boohyun said with a deep sigh. “I always told him to make sure he checked his meat.”

“S-so that’s what happened?” Sunggyu asked with a horrified expression. “W-why didn’t you guys tell me? I mean… I didn’t talk to you before the surgery, but you could have called me…”

“We’re sorry, hyung,” Sungyeol said, looking up at him.

“But he’s better now,” Sungjong stated. “So it’s all okay now.”

Woohyun awoke with a soft groan. He slowly opened his eyes and let the light hit him. The room smelt like antibiotics and it was all white. He could hear voices speaking around him, but one face caught him off guard. Woohyun slowly lifted himself into a seating position, yet no one noticed he was awake yet. He didn’t say anything and just stared at the person who was sleeping with his arms folded on his bed.

His face was really close to Woohyun’s, which caused him to smile softly. Woohyun reached his hand out and brushed the hair out of the sleeping guy’s face. Woohyun could see the worried lines and dried tears all over the guy’s features. This sent a grateful jolt to Woohyun’s heart. That meant he still cared for him.

“G-gyu,” he whispered, kissing the guys forehead.

Sunggyu awoke with a start and sat up, looking at Woohyun with surprise. His expression then softened as he reached over and took Woohyun’s hand in his own. Everyone in the room turned their attention to them, but the two ignored them. Sunggyu gave Woohyun’s hand a tight squeeze, before pulling Woohyun into a tight hug. He refused to let go.

“Woohyun, I’m so sorry,” Sunggyu whispered, hugging him even tighter. “I shouldn’t have said that to you. I was wrong, Woohyun. I miss you. Please come back to me. I’m so so so sorry. I love you, Woohyun, I love you.”

“S-sunggyu,” Woohyun said, tears forming in his eyes. “Sunggyu, I m-missed you.”

“It’s okay,” Sunggyu said, resting his chin on Woohyun’s shoulder and patting his back. “It’s okay. I’m here now. I’m back.”

“G-gyu,” Woohyun said, letting all his tears out. “I love you. Please don’t leave me again.”

“I won’t,” Sunggyu said, pulling away and looking straight into Woohyun’s eyes. “I’ll never ever leave you again. I can’t afford to lose you ever again. Without you, I don’t even exist. You’re my everything.”

“Now look who’s the cheesy one,” Woohyun said with a small chuckle.

“Shut up,” Sunggyu said, leaning in and capturing the lips he had longed for for so long.

Woohyun immediately kissed back, wrapping his arms around Sunggyu’s neck. He missed this. He missed Sunggyu’s touch. The past few days without Sunggyu were now a blur as Woohyun only focused on the kiss. He didn’t want this moment to end.

“Kim Sunggyu, keep your mind on your work,” a voice said, causing the two to break apart. “You’re not supposed to have such an intimate relationship with another patient.”

A new doctor walked into the room, walking straight over to them. Sunggyu looked away from him and stared at his hands. Woohyun couldn’t help but hold in his laughter, before focusing back on the doctor. The doctor had already made it to him, and he was now checking Woohyun’s pulse. Woohyun was pretty sure his pulse wouldn’t help with anything, because his heart was still beating fast from his and Sunggyu’s kiss.

“Sunggyu, you messed up the whole procedure,” the doctor said with a frown.

“I think he’s doing just fine,” Sunggyu said, looking up. “I should know. Actually, his fever went down by a lot. I checked like ten minutes ago. He’s back to normal now.”

“I’d say more than just normal,” Hoya commented, causing everyone in the room to laugh.

“Hey, when did you guys get in here?” Woohyun asked, looking at his friends.

Hoya and Dongwoo were in the corner, playing cards with Boohyun. Sungjong and Hyunsoo were both holding a sleeping Jonghyun and Kibum. Myungsoo and Sungyeol were playing on an ipad. Woohyun’s parents were staring at them with intense looks. Woohyun wanted to know why they were there, and kinda felt scared about what they thought after witnessing the kiss.

“We’ve been here the whole time, friend. Ever since Sungyeol called us about you being in the hospital,” Hoya stated, waving his hand in dismissal.

“For twelve hours now,” Dongwoo added.

“For twelve HOURS?” Woohyun asked with wide eyes. “That’s how long I’ve been asleep?”

“Yeah, pretty much,” Hoya said, nodding his head.

“But wait… What exactly happened? I remembered cooking the meat while talking to Myungsoo and Sungyeol…” Woohyun said, frowning.

“You forgot to check the meat, pabo,” Boohyun said. “It was poisoned. Your boyfriend here saved your life.”

“Y-you did?” I asked, turning on Sunggyu.

“I did,” Sunggyu said, nodding his head. “I’m the only doctor here who can cure patients who have been poisoned. It’s the reason why I’m so famous.”

“I… I didn’t know,” Woohyun said, a smile growing on his face. “Hyung! Thank you so much! I love you so much right now!”

“I love you too, Woohyun,” Sunggyu said, smiling back at him.

“Now Woohyun,” the doctor said, causing everyone to turn back to him. “We have to keep you here for another day. We need to run some tests on you to make sure you’re really okay.”

“Ah, I see… That’s okay,” Woohyun said, nodding his head.

“Okay, I’ll be back in an hour. Get some rest. Sunggyu, you should probably give him some food,” the doctor said, before leaving the room.

“That’s okay, I have some food here,” another voice said as Jaejoong walked into the room with a bag of takeout. “How are you doing, Woohyun-ah?”

“Jae hyung,” Woohyun said, smiling up at him. “Why are you here?”

“To see how my boss is doing, of course,” Jaejoong said, walking over to him and handing him the food. “How do you feel?”

“Better,” Woohyun said, nodding his head. “A lot better. Hey… Who’s running the restaurant right now?”

“About that…” Jaejoong said, exchanging glances with everyone. “The thing is… They closed down the restaurant… And you’re poor now… Your brother had to take money out of your account to pay the government for all the expenses.”

“I’m WHAT?!” Woohyun cried, his eyes widening in surprise. “They took my money AND my diner?!”

“They did,” Jaejoong said, nodding his head sadly. “I talked to our whole staff already and paid them their last paychecks. It’s all gone now. They’re going about tearing the diner down as we speak.”

“Just because of one piece of poisoned meat?!” Woohyun cried, shaking his head in disbelief. “But what about me? Do I have ANY money left?”

“I’m afraid not,” Boohyun said, walking over to his brother. “They took all but $50.”

“W-what? Why? Then… how am I supposed to pay for my apartment? And my car? How am I supposed to live? Where am I going to work?” Woohyun asked, looking from one person to the other.

“You’re going to have to sell your house…” Boohyun said, sighing deeply.

“But it’s my house,” Woohyun said, tears forming in his eyes.

“You’ll live with me,” Sunggyu said sternly, causing Woohyun to look at him. “You’re going to live with me. I’ll help you find a job. We were practically living together before the break up anyway. You’ll live with me, Woohyun.”

“H-hyung,” Woohyun said, tears finally spilling out of his eyes. “I-I…”

“Woohyun, I won’t let you go homeless. I’ll help you pay for your bills until you get a job. I’ll let you stay with me forever. No matter what, I’ll always be there for you. You should know that,” Sunggyu told him.

“B-but…”

“No buts, Woohyun. You will sell that apartment and move in with me. Everything will get better. I’ll make sure of it. I’ll make sure not to leave. Especially not after what happened. Woohyun, you mean everything in the world to me. Why do you think I would let you live on your own?” Sunggyu asked.

“But you always pay for me. I-I can’t let you do that,” Woohyun said, shaking his head repeatedly.

“Wooie!” a voice suddenly called, causing them to turn on Hyunsoo and the kids.

Kibum had fully awoken and was now making his way over to them. He jumped on the hospital bed and wrapped his arms around Woohyun’s neck. He snuggled his face in the crook of Woohyun’s neck, laughing happily. Woohyun smiled and hugged the boy back, bringing him closer to himself. The made Kibum even happier.

“Wooie, you’re awake!” Kibum cried, pulling back and looking into Woohyun’s eyes. “You’re not sad now, right?”

“No, Wooie isn’t sad anymore,” Woohyun said, poking the boy’s nose. “Wooie is happy because Kibummie is here.”

“But you don’t have anymore diner,” Kibum said, frowning. “And no more home. How come Wooie is happy?”

“Because Wooie has Gyu Gyu,” Woohyun told him. “And because of Gyu Gyu, Wooie can be happy again.”

“But didn’t Gyu Gyu make Wooie sad?” Kibum asked, still frowning.

“At first he made Wooie sad, but not anymore,” Woohyun told him. “Everything’s okay, because Wooi loved Gyu Gyu.”

“Good, cause Key loves Gyu Gyu too!” Kibum cried, grinning widely. “And if Wooie isn’t sad because of Gyu Gyu, then neither is Key! Cause Key likes Gyu Gyu, so Key can never be mad at him.”

“Well you better not be mad at Gyu Gyu,” Woohyun said, letting go of the boy. “Because Wooie was never mad at him, either.”

“You weren’t mad at Sunggyu hyung?” a new voice said as Jonghyun popped up on the bed. “But at my house you and Sunggyu hyung were fighting and yelling at each other. And then you walked away. Sunggyu looked so mad! I thought you were mad at each other!”

“We were at that point, Jonghyun,” Sunggyu said, letting out a deep sigh. “But not anymore. We made up. That’s how you keep a friend. You fight, and then you make up.”

“Oh, so that’s why me and Sungyeol aren’t friends anymore,” Jonghyun said, nodding his head.

“What do you mean we’re not friends anymore?” Sungyeol asked, looking up from his ipad.

“You and me fought before my nap, and you got mad at me,” Jonghyun said, turning on him. “So we’re not friends cause we didn’t make up.”

“Okay, Jonghyun,” Hyunsoo said, laughing. “Anyway, boys, now that Woohyun’s awake, we need to go home and get some sleep.”

“But I don’t want to go home!” Jonghyun cried, shaking his head.

“Well, we need to. Now let’s go,” she said, taking ahold of her boys and pulling them away from the room. “And it’s great to see you two back to normal again. Please take care. Woohyun, get better soon.”