Twenty-One

Built By

A/N You're going to hate me. But everything will get better after this. I promise. But as I said, we have every chapter planned out. So don't worry! :D

Written by NewClear_kay

Chapter Twenty-One

“We have a plan,” Dongwoo stated as the four of the walked out of the hospital together.

“And what kind of plan is this?” Myungsoo asked, skeptically.

“Well, we need to get those two back together, now don’t we?” Hoya asked, looking at Sungyeol and Myungsoo. “They can’t go on like this. Sunggyu is completely out of it!”

“And Woohyun is pretty much living in a dungeon! All life seems to be out of him,” Dongwoo added. “We need to change that, fast.”

“And how do you suspect we do that?” Myungsoo asked, frowning.

“Well, I think we should all go check on Woohyun first at his job. Make sure he doesn’t blow up the place,” Hoya told them. “Then we should ask him out to dinner tonight. After he agrees, we’ll come over here and do the same with Sunggyu.”

“Yeah, and then we’ll tell them the place and time to meet up. We’ll have them go there, but we’ll hide somewhere and watch from behind them or something,” Dongwoo added.

“Okay... So what do we do then?” Sungyeol asked, grinning widely.

“You, my friend, will go with Myungsoo and check up on Woohyun. Dongwoo hyung and I will make the reservations for the restaurant. We’ll text you the details and you’ll tell him,” Hoya told him.

“And are you sure this is going to work?” Myungsoo asked. “Are you sure they’re ready to see each other?”

“Sunggyu did admit that he missed Woohyun,” Hoya replied.

“And Woohyun obviously needs to see Sunggyu,” Dongwoo added, nodding.

“But wasn’t it Woohyun who was the one that broke off their relationship? Are you sure he’s ready to face Sunggyu again?” Myungsoo asked.

“Oh, he’s definitely in the need to see Sunggyu. He’s so broken,” Dongwoo told him.

“Alright. Well, I guess we should get this show on the road!” Sungyeol cried, jumping up and down. “Let’s goooo!”

“Yah, settle down,” Myungsoo cried as he walked over to his car and unlocked it. Sungyeol immediately jumped in the passenger’s seat. “Let’s just make sure Woohyun’s okay.”

“Yeah. Hopefully he is,” Sungyeol agreed, nodding his head.

“The poor kid is going through a lot.”


Jaejoong was peacefully cooking in the kitchen of Hysterie diner, trying to get an order done on time. After a few minutes, the back door opened and someone walked in. Jaejoong ignored the person for a little bit as he concentrated on putting the finishing touches to a steak before letting it grill on the pan. Once that was accomplished, he looked up and was surprised to see his boss standing right behind him with huge bags under his eyes and a tear stained face.

“Woohyun-ah? What’s wrong?” Jaejoong asked, frowning at the state his boss was in.

Woohyun didn’t answer him and just wiped his face before walking to the sink and washing his hands. Jaejoong watched him as Woohyun wobbled around, running into counters and knocking over pans. He was obviously out of it. Woohyun then walked over and grabbed an order card off the front counter before going back and grabbing some meat out of the fridge. It wasn’t one of the thawed or check meats that they usually use. They had someone who would check the meats before they used them. Woohyun just plopped the meat onto a pan and put it on the oven, turning it on.

“Boss, you’re not doing it right,” Jaejoong said, walking over to him.

“Go away,” Woohyun hissed as he started poking the meat with a spatchula.

Jaejoong sighed and stepped back, just watching Woohyun cook. After about 10 minutes, Woohyun turned off the stove, just as two of his friends walked into the kitchen.

“WOOHYUN HYUNG! YOU ACTUALLY WENT TO WORK!” the taller one shouted as he ran over to him.

“Sungyeol, stop shouting,” the other one said as he followed behind.

“Why are you guys here?” Woohyun asked, turning on them. “I thought you would be with Sunggyu or something, Myungsoo.”

Woohyun’s eyes were hollow as he said Sunggyu’s name. He looked as if he were going to cry. His two friends immediately noticed this and wrapped their arms around him.

“Hyung, its okay. Just don’t think about him, okay?” Myungsoo told him, patting his back.

“I can’t not think about him!” Woohyun cried, pushing them away. “And he said I was clingy! How am I clingy?”

“Just forget about it, Woohyun,” Myungsoo ordered, shaking his head.

Woohyun turned away from them and cut off a small piece of the meat. He turned away from the stove before putting the small piece into his mouth. His face immediately went white as he dropped the knife to the ground.

“Woohyun!” Sungyeol and Myungsoo cried, running to him as he started choking.

“Hurry! Do something!” Sungyeol shouted over to Jaejoong. “Call the ambulance!”

As he said this, Woohyun started coughing up blood before passing out. Sungyeol started to freak out even more as he caught the older boy. Jaejoong immediately called the emergency room before calling all staff members working on shift into the kitchen.

“Close down the diner right now. Woohyun’s been poisoned,” Jaejoong ordered.

“How can you keep poison meet?!” Myungsoo cried, turning on Jaejoong. “Sungyeol, call Dongwoo and Hoya. Let them know what happened. I’ll call the others as soon as the ambulance gets here.”

“Right,” Sungyeol said, nodding. He handed Woohyun off to him before dialing in a phone number.

Seconds later, the police barged in, followed by the ambulance and firemen. The ambulance took Woohyun away on a stretcher and Myungsoo and Sungyeol followed them. Firemen evacuated the whole building as a policeman made his way up to Jaejoong.

“Sir, do you work here?” the policeman asked him.

“Yes, sir,” Jaejoong said, nodding his head.

“May I ask to speak to your boss?” the officer asked

“He’s the one who was poisoned, sir,” Jaejoong replied, tears welling in his eyes. “But I’m the manager.”

“Alright sir, then answer me this. Why do you keep poisoned meat in your restaurant?”

“We weren’t aware of the poisoned meat, officer. Usually we have the meat checked. This was a slip up that we didn’t expect. Our boss just came in and grabbed a piece of meat. Usually he makes sure that the meat has been checked, but he didn’t this time around,” Jaejoong explained. “I tried to warn him that he was doing it wrong, but he wouldn’t listen. I gave up, cause I figured nothing would be wrong. Boss seemed out of it today. He wasn’t his normal self. And he hasn’t been showing up for work in a long time. I don’t know what’s wrong with him.”

“Alright sir. Thank you for your time. Also, we have to inform you that we’ll be shutting down this building. No one is allowed to step foot inside this restaurant again because of the poison meat. I hope the rest of your week is swell. Good day sir,” the officer said, before walking away.

Jaejoong just stared at the officer as he walked away, dumbfounded. He felt awful, because he was the one who was going to have to break it to his co workers and his boss that Hysterie diner has been shut down. It came to him as a great shock that he had just lost his job.


Hoya and Dongwoo searched through different tourist guides, trying to find the perfect place for Woohyun and Sunggyu to eat at that night. Those two needed somewhere completely amazing where it would allow them to focus only on each other and discuss things that will help get them back together again. They had to bridge this gap that had appeared between the two of them. There was no way this couple could continue on like this. Hoya and Dongwoo believed that they were a match made in heaven and they had to make sure those two stayed that way.

“I really hope this will work,” Hoya stated as he turned a page in the guide.

“I know, so do I. I really hate seeing them like this. Especially Woohyun. He’s always so cheerful and would never let anything get to him. He’s like the bolt of energy for our group,” Dongwoo replied as he read a summary to one of the restaurants.

“It’s not natural, seeing the both of them so broken.”

“I agree,” Dongwoo said, nodding his head. He then spotted one place that captured his eye, and he pointed it out to Hoya. “Oh, Hoya, what about this place?”

Hoya looked over his shoulder and read the description, before grinning widely at Dongwoo. “Hyung! That’s perfect! We should look up its hours and menu,” Hoya replied. Dongwoo nodded in agreement and Hoya took out his laptop.

As they were looking up the website, Hoya’s phone went off. Frowning, Hoya took out his phone and checked the caller’s id. It was Sungyeol, which didn’t surprise him. The choding probably lost his way over to Woohyun’s diner or something, even though it was Myungsoo driving. The choding was probably distracting the younger male too much.

“What’s up?” Hoya asked into the phone as soon as he answered it.

“Hyung! Hurry. Woohyun----blood----hospital----” Sungyeol cried into the phone.

“Wait, what? What happened to Woohyun?! Take deep breathes, Sungyeol, and tell me everything,” Hoya ordered, immediately becoming completely worried.

“Woohyun was cooking some meat at the diner and didn’t check it. Once it was done, he took a bite and immediately started choking. Hyung, he coughed up blood and fainted. He’s foaming at the mouth right now. He’s been poisoned, hyung!” Sungyeol cried into the phone.

Hoya’s mouth dropped open as he dropped the phone to the floor. He’s heart beat faster as he turned to Dongwoo, lost for words. He could feel tears welling up in his eyes as Dongwoo gave him questioning looks.

“Hoya, what’s wrong?” Dongwoo asked.

“Woohyun’s been poisoned. He’s in the hospital. We need to hurry,” Hoya told him as he finally gathered his words.

Dongwoo’s eyes widened as he shook his head.

“No, it can’t be. He was perfectly fine this morning. He has to be okay. Sungyeol must be pulling our legs or something. Woohyun’s fine,” Dongwoo stated, still shaking his head.

“No, he’s telling the truth. I know he is. I know when Sungyeol is serious. Dongwoo, we need to get to the hospital right now. Forget about our plan, we need to see if he’ll be okay.”

“Woohyun will be okay,” Dongwoo said as he grabbed his keys and rushed to the car. Hoya picked up his phone and followed after, leaving his laptop on the coffee table. “He just has to be. He’s strong. I know he’ll be alright.”

“I really hope so,” Hoya told him as they sprinted to the car and got inside. “Sunggyu will be devastated.”

“That’s for sure,” Dongwoo replied, nodding his head.


“Mommy, I’m hungry~” Jonghyun whined as he and Kibum came down the stairs. “Can we go get breakfast?”

“We’ll go get some breakfast soon, babies. Sungjong is on his way over,” Hyunsoo told her kids as she sat down on the couch. The two joined her, grinning widely.

“Mommy? Can we see Wooie? Cause Wooie’s sad and he promised me he wouldn’t be sad! I want to make sure he isn’t sad anymore,” Kibum asked, bouncing up and down on the couch.

“Yes, we can go see Woohyun. He’s probably at his diner by now, if the others were able to talk to him,” Hyunsoo told him, smiling.

“Mommy, is Woohyunnie and Hamster Gyu okay?” Jonghyun asked.

“Right now, the two of them are really really sad. But soon they’ll be okay. Just make sure you show them that you will be there for them always, okay? Don’t force them to talk to each other, both of you. The two of them will talk when they are ready.”

“I’m worried about them,” Jonghyun replied, crossing his arms.

“We all are, honey,” Hyunsoo told him, just as the doorbell rang. “Okay boys, let’s go! Sungjong is here!”

“Okay!” the boys cried, jumping off the couch and rushing to the front door.

Hyunsoo laughed and followed behind them. Jonghyun opened the door to reveal a smiling Sungjong. Hyunsoo smiled at him and kissed him on the cheek, before grabbing her jacket and the boys’. She put them on and the two rushed to Sungjong’s car, jumping up and down.

“They seem excited. Where are we going?” Sungjong asked as Hyunsoo locked up her house.

“They’ve been begging to see Woohyun, so we’re going to see if he’s at the diner. We’ll have breakfast there,” Hyunsoo told him.

“Oh, okay. I haven’t seen Woohyun since the break up. I saw Sunggyu hyung yesterday. He seems so hurt and upset. He doesn’t want to admit it or anything, but it’s so obvious. I think the others went to visit them this morning,” Sungjong replied as the two walked to the car.

“I guess we’ll just have to go check on them. I hope both of them are doing okay,” Hyunsoo replied as she got her kids into the car.

They both got into their own seats and Sungjong started heading towards the diner. Kibum and Jonghyun were bouncing up and down in their seats, as usual, talking about wanting to go to the zoo some time. Hyunsoo just laughed and looked out the window.

After a few minutes, they arrived and found an ambulance truck leaving the parking lot and a fire truck parked outside. Many cop cars surrounded the place and people were piling out of the building, being led by a fireman. Hyunsoo exchanged looks with Sungjong before hopping out of the car. She rushed to the back door, where Jaejoong was coming out with an officer. It looked like he was crying.

“Jaejoong Oppa, what happened?!” she asked, just as Sungjong and the kids made their way up to them.

“Woohyun-” Jaejoong started, but Hyunsoo cut him off.

“What happened to Woohyun?!” she cried, her eyes widening.

“He... he was poisoned... I tried to stop him from making that meat, but he still did. Then he ate it while he was talking to Sungyeol and Myungsoo. And then he fainted. He’s in the hospital. We don’t know if he’s okay or not,” Jaejoong said, shaking his head.

“WHAT?!” Sungjong and Hyunsoo cried at the same time, exchanging worried looks.

“Also, what’s wrong with Woohyun? Did something happen? He was out of it today and it looked like he was crying. Usually he pays attention to things like this...”

“He and Sunggyu broke up,” Sungjong told him as Hyunsoo started escorting the kids back to the car. “Its left a toll on the both of them.”

“Let’s go!” Hyunsoo cried, pulling Sungjong by the arm. “We need to see him. He needs to be okay.”

“Hyunsoo,” Sungjong said, shaking his head.

Hyunsoo was already crying, and so was Sungjong. He quickly got into the car and started it once again. They rushed towards the hospital, as Kibum and Jonghyun sat there, confused. Jonghyun tried asking questions, but the two ignored him as they were too focused on hoping Woohyun was okay. They couldn’t lose their friend. Not now.

Once they made it inside, they rushed over to the group who were all crowded outside a door. Dongwoo looked up, tears spilling out of his eyes and running down his cheeks. Hoya was hugging him tightly, trying to comfort him while Sungyeol and Myungsoo stared at the door with empty eyes.

“What’s wrong with him?! Is Woohyun okay?!” Hyunsoo cried, rushing up to them.

“W-we don’t know,” Dongwoo replied, shaking his head.

“I really hope he is,” Hoya added. “But he will be. Sunggyu is working on him right now. Sunggyu will save his life. I believe in him.”

“He better,” Hyunsoo said, before slowly sitting on the floor and covering her face with her hands.


Sunggyu sat in his office, flipping through a big pile of paperwork. The other four left about an hour ago, leaving him alone. He couldn’t think properly anymore and wished more than anything that he could see Woohyun again. This whole break up has torn him down so much, and he felt awful for everything he did to Woohyun. He shouldn’t have said those things. He shouldn’t have been so angry at Woohyun because he was jealous. Sunggyu would have reacted the same way that Woohyun did.

A doctor soon came rushing into his office, looking panicked. Sunggyu looked up at him with a questioning look as the doctor stood in the doorway.

“Dr. Kim! We need you right now! It’s bad!” the doctor told him.

“Doctor, I’m not feeling well right now... I think I want to go him. Can you find someone else?” Sunggyu asked, standing up.

“No, you’re the only one who can save him. You’re the only one who has dealt with patients who were poisoned,” the doctor said, shaking his head.

“Someone was poisoned?!” Sunggyu cried, immediately regaining all his senses.

“Yes. Its bad! He ate poisoned meat. He’s in a really bad condition. We hooked him up to the machines. We’re about to lose him. We need you,” the doctor told him.

“Take me to him,” Sunggyu ordered.

The doctor nodded and they rushed to a room. Outside the door were Sunggyu’s friends, Myungsoo, Sungyeol, Hoya and Dongwoo. All of them were crying and beating on the door. His eyes widened as realization hit him.

“Don’t tell me,” he whispered, tears welling up in his eyes.

“Hyung, you need to save him,” Dongwoo said, grabbing his wrist. “He needs you. He needs you more than anything.”

“Dongwoo... Is it... is it...?” Sunggyu asked, shaking his head, unable to say the name.

“It’s Woohyun,” Myungsoo replied before pushing him into the room.

Sunggyu stumbled up to the bed where Woohyun lay, completely pale and lifeless. The tears finally poured out as he dropped down beside the bed, grabbing his hand.

“Woohyun. No, Woohyun. You can’t die on me! Please!” he cried, squeezing his hand. “Woohyun! You need to stay alive. Please! I’m sorry! I love you! I need you!”

“Dr. Kim. You can’t sit there crying. You need to do your job. If he really means so much to you, then save him,” another doctor said.

Sunggyu nodded his head and immediately went to work, determined to save the love of his life’s life.


A/N Well, here's another update!! I'm out of school, so hopefully I'll have more updates up! Depends on how often Maureen can update! Please don't hate me. We'll make everything up to you! Oh, and we got a new poster! Hope you like it!! Well, thanks for reading!! I love you all!! Please comment!! Byeee!!! -kay