Prologue

Built By

Written by NewClear-kay

Prolouge

“Hey Myungsoo, it’s me again,” the woman said into her phone as she buckled her 3 year old into his car seat. Her wide blue eyes were looking at the face of her older son, who was buckling his own seatbelt.

“Oh, hey Hyungsoo, what’s up?” the voice of the infamous photogragher, Kim Myungsoo, said into her ear. He was, indeed, her family’s personal photographer. Her father was the CEO of SM Entertainment, but he died and left the company to her. She knew she couldn’t run the company alone, so she sold the company to the growing company, YG Entertainment. Soon enough, she ended up with a bunch of money for her and her kids. This is how she was able to hire Myungsoo.

“So I’m having a Christmas party this weekend,” she answered, shutting the car door and climbing into the driver’s seat. She slowly placed the key into the ignition as she positioned the phone so that she could drive and talk. “I was wondering if you wanted to come.” She started the car and backed out of the driveway.

“Mommy? Are we going to see Woohyun hyung today?” he six year old son ased, just as Myungsoo said, “yeah, sure. Where at?”

“Oh, at my house. It will be Friday~”

“Mommy!” the boy shouted, again.

“What Jonghyun?” she cried, turning on her son while stopping the care at a stop sign.

“Mommy, are we going to Woohyun hyung’s?”

“Yes, we’re going to eat at Woohyun’s diner.”

“Can you let me talk to him?”

“We need to talk to Woohyun anyway. Now, Mommy’s on the phone,” she told him as she started driving again. “Anyway, sorry Oppa. As I was saying, it’s Friday night at 8pm.”

“Okay, thanks Hyunsoo… Wait, were you talking about THE Woohyun? You know, the chef at Hysterie Diner? Nam Woohyun?” Myungsoo asked.

Hyunsoo laughed and turned a corner. “Yes. THE Nam Woohyun,” she answered.

“Oh, I didn’t know you knew him. Well, I have to go. I’ll see you Friday. I’m going first.” The call disconnected just as she pulled into the parking lot to Hysterie diner.

“Yay! Woohyunie hyung!” Jonghyun cried.

“Wooie Wooie!” the 3 year old cried. Hyungsoo laughed as she parked the car. Before she got out, she saw Woohyun running towards them with bags. She sighed and opened the door, looking at him.

“Oppa?” she asked as he placed the bags in her hands.

“You’re going to be late. I paid for you guys already,” he said, placing his hands on his knees as he caught his breath.

“Oh, thanks,” she said as the black haired boy gave her a big, greasy smile. “Oh, Woohyun Oppa, I’m having a Christmas party Friday night at 8. Do you want to come? It’s at my house.”

“Of course! Now go! You’ll be late. Don’t you have a doctor’s appointment?”

“Yes, I do,” she answered, about to close the door. The boys were yelling Woohyun’s name over and over again.

“Hi boys!” he shouted, throwing them his famous hearts. “Hyunsoo-ah, don’t foreget to get the fish for Kibum’s class.”

“Right. Now, bye!” she slammed the door and drove away. One her way to the store, she grabbed her phone and made a phone call. The call was answered immediately. “Sungjong-ah!” she cried into the phone.

“Hey Hyunsoo, what’s up?” a girly voice asked into the phone.

“Can you come get Jonghyun? I’m running a little late.”

“Oh, sure. Where at?”

“The pet shop behind the school. In the parking lot.”

“Oh, got it. Okay. I’m walking over there right now.”

“Thanks. I’ll be there in five minutes. Also, I’m having a Christmas party on Friday night at my house. 8pm. Will you come?”

“Of course, Noona. I’ll be there.”

“Thanks.” She ended the call and threw the phone on the passenger’s seat. The boys were bouncing around in the back seat as she sped to the shop. When she arrived, she found Sungjong waving at her. She jumped out of the car and ran to Jonghyun’s door, opening up and helping her son out.

“Mr. Lee!” Jonghyun shouted, running into Sungjong’s arms. Hyunsoo sighed and picked up the boy’s backpack, handing it to Sungjong. Then she opened the passenger door and gave Sungjong Jonghyun’s breakfast.

“Thankyou, Sungjong-ah,” she said, closing the doors and walking to the other side to get the baby out.

“Of course, Noona,” Sungjong answered as he and Jonghyun started walking away.

“Bye mommy!” Jonghyun shouted.

“Bye honey,” she cried as she opened the door.

“No you don’t,” a voice cried, making her jump ten feet in the air. She sighed and turned to find her cousin, and the pet shop owner, Lee Sungyeol standing right behind her. “Here.” He handed her a baggy full of fish, grinning at her.

“Thankyou, Oppa,” she said, leaning against the car. “You’re coming to the party, right?”

“I always go to your parties. You should know that.”

“True.”

“Now, get this kid to daycare,” Sungyeol ordered. She nodded her head and got in the car, putting the fish down. She waved at her cousin before leaving. 

When Hyunsoo was carrying the boy into the daycare, she received a phone call. Frowning, she set him down, motioning for him to follow. She pressed talk and put the phone to her ear, balancing it with her shoulder so she could open the door. “Hello?” she said into the phone.

“Hyunsoo-sshi. Class was cancelled, so you don’t have to come into work today,” the voice of her boss said into the phone.

“Oh, thanks for letting me know, Hoya. This morning has been very stressful,” she said as she walked to the front desk to sign the little boy in.

“Ah, I see. Just get some rest.”

“I will. Oh, and Hoya? This weekend is my Christmas party. You know, like always, it’s at my house at 8.”

“Friday?”

“Yes, Friday.”

“You know I’ll be there.”

“Right.”

“Okay, I’m hanging up now.” The call disconnected and Hyunsoo put the phone back into her pocket.

“A party?” a voice asked as she walked into the playcourt. “Kibum. You mother’s having a party  and she’s not inviting me!”

Hyunsoo laughed at the pouting dinosaur and slapped his shoulder. “Of course I am, Dongwoo Oppa! Now, you better show up!”

“I will!” Dongwoo answered, giving her a big, toothy grin.

“Good. Now take good care of Kibum-ah. Here’s the fish and here’s his breakfast,” she told him, handing him the bags. “I have an appointment to go to. I’ll pick Kibum up early since I don’t have work.”

“Sounds good. Thankyou!”

 

“Bye bye Umma!” Kibum cried. Hyunsoo grinned and ruffled his hair. “Tell Wooie hi.”

“You told Wooie hi this morning,” Hyunsoo answered, laughing. “Now, be good for Dino. Bye!”

She then ran out of the building. She quickly jumped into the car and sped off to the hospital. Once there, she rushed inside and was greeted by her doctor. “Hello Hyunsoo. You made it right on time,” he said with a bright smile.

“Sorry Mr. Kim. I almost didn’t make it,” she told him as she followed the famous doctor into a small room.

“Just call me Sunggyu. Drop the formalities,” he told her as she gestured for her to sit down. She nodded her head and sat on the small hospital bed as Sunggyu moved to the counter, playing with some tools. “So, what’s new?”

 

“Ah, just the normal routine. I was running everywhere to get my kids to school,” she answered, watching the man walk around the room. “The boys and I are throwing a party. Jonghyun wants you there.”

“Oh really? When will that be?” Sunggyu asked, picking up the heart hearing thing that Hyunsoo forgot the name to.

“This Friday night at my house. It’s at 8pm,” she told him.

“Great. Tell him I’ll be there,” Sunggyu told her, placing the circular object on her heart.

“Sweet! I will!”