Another meeting

An Unusual Coincidence [Hiatus]

Easily finding a cafe, I looked at the food that they were serving but I didn't have a clue on what the food was was or called so I tried to speak to the waitress and I asked "Do you know English?" 

 

 "ihaeka andoeyo" (I dont understand) she said shaking her head. I guessed it meant 'no' I was so clueless at that time that I just stood there clueless and had no idea what to do.

 

Luckily, a guy who was also wearing a hat but with sunglasses and it was hard to tell who it was because he was keeping his head low. What is with hats these days? It's like they don't want their faces to be seen. He started to talk to the waitress (in Korean). Then she pointed at me (it looks rude but I think it was for a good thing). He questioned "Do you speak English ?" that was the second time I was asked that. I don't understand why they ask 'Do you speak English?' not 'Are you from England? or are you English?' 

 

 "Why do people ask that question so much?" I whispered without knowing that I said it out loud.

 

"Because you don't look English" he answered. Shocked of what i heard I told myself you dummy you weren't supposed to say that and secondly that's rude he shouldn't judge people by their appearance. I wanted to say those things but I ended up keeping it in. Instead of saying that,I said "You speak English?" I don't know why I said it but I had a sudden urge to ask him that because of his accent. He had a more fluent accent than that 'guy who saved me from the drunken man' (already forgetting his name).

 

 "Yes, I used to live in America" he explained

 

  "Thank goodness I found someone who can speak English?" I sighed

 

 "Why, don't you know Korean?" he sniggered

 

 "Yes, I don't know Korean, it's a long story" 

 

 "We've got all the time in the world" he made a big hand gesture,

 

 "You do", I pointed "but I don't" I pointed to myself,

 

 "Why?" he asked,

 

 "Told you , long story, now could you tell me where the nearest hotel is please" I begged,

 

"Ok, I'll show you" he directed me,

 

"Thank you" I sighed,

 

When we got to the hotel I asked him to help him to help me talk to the receptionist. He said in a tired voice "Fine"

 

Right before I got into my room. I smiled "Thank you for everything I hope we see each other again"

 "oh, we will" he muttered 

 

"What?" I asked not knowing what he said,

 

"Nothing, goodnight" he smiled, 

 

"Goodnight" I smiled while closing the door. My second friend (in Korea)already and I also forgot to ask for him name but it didn't really matter because I was too tired.