My escape

An Unusual Coincidence [Hiatus]

I crawled out of my bed, trying to prevent to make as much noise as possible but I'm kind of a clusts and it really wasn't a surprise for me to bump into a table right after I got up. 'Ahh!' I had a silent expression on my face. I instantly dropped on the floor, then afterwards massaging my shin. "Darn it!" I groaned quietly. Quietly rubbing my shin, I managed to get up but with one leg weaker than the other- leaving me practically limping.

 

It’s a completely other story sneaking out but having to do it quietly is really frustrating. This is my first time and I already find it hard. I don’t know people can do this a daily job (MI5- spies) I mean, not that I believe in them. Saying that, it’s probably a real job that I would never have the courage to do myself.

 

I heard the door knob rattle. I panicked and instantly headed I pull myself back into the bed and turned away from the door, pretending I was sleep.

 

I heard the door open. Two people entered in a middle of a conversation. Rattling sounds of plates and cutlery came with them. There was that one distinct voice that I heard first. Dongwoo. No one can mistake his voice for anyone. He has one of the most incomparable voices I’ve ever heard in my whole life. However I couldn't recognise the other the person’s voice:

 

Dongwoo: She’s here. I think she'll be fine

Other guy: What happened to her?

Dongwoo: They said that her lungs were full of water, assuming the she nearly drowned…

Other guy: ohh-kay

Dongwoo:she seems to sleeping so…

'Dongwoo your stating the obvious' I sniggered.

Other guy: I'll stay for a bit

Dongwoo: Okay. I'll just leave it here

 The sounds of rattling cutlery came closer to me, I heard it being placed down on the table next to me (behind me). The door closed and I didn't hear anything for a while. I closed my eyes as well so I couldn't see anything either. Half of my senses were useless at that time, which was no help whatsoever.

 

It had been round about 5 minutes since anyone has made a single sound. I was suspiciously curious of what was going on. What's he doing? Who is this guy? The door closed. I instantly turned around. Finding a bouquet of flowers on my bed, I sat up to see who it was from. Maybe it was from that guy. I tried to find who it was from but there was no sign of any adress to who it was from. I looked back at the door. Who was he?

 

Anyway, back to my escape , which I nearly completely forgot after I was distracted by them. Knowing my shins have probably fully recovered , I stood up with a fighting spirit 'Let's get this done and over with'.

 

I tiptoed to the door and only opened a tiny bit to see in the crack if the coast was clear. The coast was clear. I slowly opened the door to prevent any creaky sound. I grabbed my cap and phone and closed the door behind. Conveniently the stairs and the elevator was right next to the room I was. Luckily no one popped up on the elevator while I was out at that time. 

 

I decided it was best to take the stairs since it'll be easier to run away if someone found me. I pushed my cap down on my head to avoid being noticed. Still it was quite noticeable since I was wearing a hospital gown. Having to be seen by a random stranger isn't a problem but from someone I know might be a bit complicated. Without any hesitation nor time left, I ran through the stair doors and started to run down the stairs. 

 

Hearing someone coming up the stairs, I reduced the pace of my speed to lessen the suspicion. As I heard the person coming I lowered my head. I caught a glimpse of the person and he wasn't a doctor or nurse for sure. Luckily he was just a stranger but I wasn't sure, I couldn't really see his face. 

 

I successfully got out of the hospital, there were probably some weird glances from the people in the hospital but I got out anyway. I walked to my apartment because I didn't have any money with me. However when I got to my apartment I realised that I had no keys and when I asked the owner for a key to my apartment, he refused to give me one unless I have an identity card. I'VE BEEN LIVING HERE SINCE FOREVER!! HOW DOES HE STILL NOT KNOW ME. 

 

Aish!! I was in trouble. I have no money to buy clothes; I can't get in my apartment without a key. Thinking about it now I should've searched for my key in that room, they'd probably left it there somewhere. I still had my phone though. What should I do?  

 

My legs hurt from walking. I sat outside of the apartment and took a breather. Screw it! I'm going to go to the restaurant like this, I don't care what people say. Then I ran to the restaurant, looking like a weirdo wearing a hospital gown. 

 

I looked around to look for L.Joe. Then someone I saw a cap and blonde hair sitting by himself. I said to myself 'that must be him'. But walking toward him I noticed a luggage bag beside him...