Chapter 9

Remembering You

 

 

Daehyun sat in his room…thinking about what had just happened. **Why did I protect Han-ah? Why do I even care about her? Stupid balloon** he thought as he stared at the balloon. **Why can’t I pop this already!?** he thought angrily. He threw the balloon across the room, but it went midway before dropping to the ground gracefully.

“Ugh!” Daehyun groaned. **Whatever, it’ll pop on its own after a week or so** he thought. He looked out the window and saw the tippy top of the hospital.

**I wonder how she is doing. Does she miss me?** he thought. He shook his head. “No, I cannot think about her. I must get rid of her…out of my head.”

For the past days, he hadn’t been able to get you out of his head. He didn’t know if this was a good thing or a bad thing. But one thing was for sure, he was upsetting HyeSun at the same time. He knew that she was slowly losing her patience. He didn’t blame her, he felt-no he knew he was a horrible boyfriend.

“I should really apologize to her…” Daehyun muttered. He sighed and looked out at the hospital once more before leaving the room.

 

“Oh my gosh! Daehyun! You didn’t have to,” HyeSun beamed as he took out an expensive necklace.  She took the necklace and smiled at him. “Can you help me put it on?” she asked.

“S-Sure,” Daehyun said and unclasped the lock. He stood behind her and gently wrapped the necklace around her neck and closed the lock.

“It’s beautiful,” HyeSun murmured as she touched the necklace. She looked at Daehyun with hopeful eyes and hugged him. “Thank you.”

“N-No problem,” Daehyun said. He was still very awkward around HyeSun, but he knew that he must learn to love her and forget Han-ah. “I’m doing this for my own good,” Daehyun muttered. “I hope I’m doing the right thing…” he sighed as he hugged HyeSun back.

 

“Oh do you remember that time when he was almost banned from the library?” Alice laughed.

“Hahahaha! Yes, how could I forget?” you laughed along. Alice had finally convinced you to take a day off and to just relax and secretly help you forget Daehyun.

 “So where do you want to go today?” Alice asked.

“Anywhere is fine,” you said.

“Hmm…but you pick. I want to make you happy,” she smiled.

“You are making me happy just by talking to you,” you laughed.

“Not good enough. Come on, honestly. Where do you want to go to?” she asked.

“Um…the…” you looked around and saw a flyer that read, The Circus is in Town. “I want to go to that,” you said and pointed at the flyer.

“The circus it is,” Alice said and took down the flyer. “Come on,” she said.

 

“Woah! Did you see that?” you said in astonishment. You and Alice were in the tent of the circus watching and one of the clowns had ‘accidently’ threw a pie at the other clown. The opposite clown frowned and suddenly took out a fire extinguisher behind him and sprayed it all over the other clown. You laughed as you saw the other clown frown as well and begin to pick a war.

“What’s so funny about that?” Alice asked.

“You don’t get it?” you laughed as you saw another scene.

“I do…but how is this funny at all?” she asked.

“I don’t know, it just is,” you smirked and continued to laugh.

 

“That was the best show ever!” you shouted. You had come out from the tent and was so happy and excited.

“Yeah, it sure was the best,” Alice said with exaggeration.

“Come on, you got to admit that one part where-oh my gosh! Cotton Candy!” you shouted and ran towards the machine.

Alice shook her head and smiled. “I wonder how she got where she is now when she still acts like a 5 year old.”

“Thank you,” you asked as you took the pink cotton candy from the worker. You ripped a small part off of the cotton candy and plopped it into your mouth.

“Mmmmm, still as good as I remembered it,” you smiled.

“You are unbelievable,” Alice said and shook her head.

“What?” you asked innocently.

“Never mind,” she said. “Oh, let’s go to the festival over there.”

“Alright!” you shouted. “More cotton candy for me!”

“Yes, more cotton candy for you,” Alice laughed as the both of you headed towards the festival.

 

“Do we really have to go?” Daehyun groaned as HyeSun dragged him to a festival that her friend had recommended to ‘build’ their relationship and take it to the ‘next level’.

“Yes, it’ll be lots of fun. I promise,” she said and dragged him into the crowded area.

“Woah! So many games to play,” HyeSun said. But she was mainly keeping her eye out for any couple related games. “Let’s go over there to play!” she said and dragged Daehyun away.

“Hello, welcome to Cupid’s Chosen Couple!” the worker smiled brightly. “We have finally gotten the last couple. Now, let’s start! First off, pictures!” he shouted. He took a picture of each female couple and pasted it on the wall behind him. “The male couples will take the honor of shooting this arrow at your partner’s heart. You will get 3 chances to do so. You are Cupid’s Chosen Couple if you manage to shoot the heart of your lover, which means you are fated to be together. Now, let’s begin!”

“Go Woohyun!” shouted a girl.

“Hwaiting!” shouted another girl.

“Come on Daehyun! You can do this,” HyeSun. She wanted him to shoot the right target. She was really, really hoping he would get it. That would reassure her that they were definitely fated to be together.

Daehyun gulped and lifted the arrow. He narrowed his eyes and shot the arrow. It missed and shot right on her forehead.

“Ssss ouch! Might want to try again,” said the worker. “Two more turns.”

Daehyun took a deep breath and took another arrow. He narrowed his eyes and shot the arrow once more. This time, it landed right on her left eye. HyeSun groaned and shook her head.

“Uh, one more try,” the worker gave a weak chuckle. Daehyun frowned and aimed his last arrow. His mind suddenly drifted to you and he smiled. He shot the arrow and it landed right on HyeSun’s heart.

“We have a winner!” the worker shouted.

“Yay!” HyeSun shouted with joy. “You did it Daehyun!” **We are fated to be together!**

The worker handed HyeSun a teddy bear and she beamed as she hugged the stuffed plushy.

“Come on! Let’s go and play another game!” HyeSun said and dragged Daehyun away as she began to half-run and half-walk.

 

“Let’s try this one!” you shouted and pointed to a stall.

“Alright, alright, whatever you want,” Alice laughed. You ran when you suddenly felt someone shove you aside and you fell onto the ground.

“Ah!” you shouted as you tumbled onto the ground. You didn’t get to see who it was, but you managed to catch a glimpse of blonde hair.

“Oh my gosh! Are you alright?” Alice said and ran up to you.

“Y-Yeah, I’m fine,” you said and arched your head to see if it was who you thought it was. But you couldn’t spot that person.

**I swear that was Daehyun…and was that…HyeSun?** you thought.