Chapter 5

Remembering You

 

You had woken up late that morning. You were tired and exhausted, but you felt excited. You went down stairs to make some breakfast when you spotted Daehyun in the kitchen again. You quickly hurried down stairs and stopped.

 Daehyun was cooking alright, but it didn’t turn out as well as he thought. The good news is that he hasn’t burned anything yet. Well…maybe just the pan.

“Are you trying to make something to eat again?” you asked.

Daehyun stopped cleaning and looked at you. He slowly nodded.

“Alright.” You began to help clean up the mess in the kitchen. Finally, you were done and Daehyun stood there, not knowing what to do.

“Why are you just standing there?” you asked.

Daehyun looked at you with a confused face. You couldn’t help but smile, “Go get these supplies. I’m going to teach you how to make a pancake.”

“We’ll need 2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 ½ tablespoon of baking powder, ½ a tablespoon of salt, 1 egg, 1 ½ cup of milk, and 2 tablespoons of melted butter,” you said. “Most of the ingredients should be at the top shelf in the cabinet on the left,” you told him. Daehyun nodded and began to look for all the necessary ingredients. You looked through the fridge for the egg, and milk. Then, you headed towards another cabinet and took out a mixer, and 2 bowls. When all the ingredients were laid out on the kitchen table, you showed Daehyun how to make it once (by yourself and Daehyun observes).

“Step 1, mix the all-purpose flour, the 2 ½ tablespoon of baking powder, and ½ a tablespoon of salt. Make sure to keep mixing until there are no lumps,” you said. Daehyun nodded and continued to watch.

“Step 2, crack the egg, pour in the milk, and then add it to the flour mix. Be sure to stir it until it looks smooth. Step 3, Add in the butter as well and keep stirring until it contains no lumps as well. Step 3, heat the pan on medium and wait for about 10 minutes. Step 4, pour in the batter to give the pancake a shape. You have a choice to whether you want the pancake big or small or make it into an animal or something. Step 5, Cook the bottom of the pancake until bubbles form on the top and then flip the pancake over to the other side after 3 minutes and do the same. Once the other side is somewhat light brown looking, it is ready to be served,” you finished as you put the pancakes you had made on the kitchen table.

The smell was intoxicating to Daehyun. It smelled so good, his stomach grumbled out loud. You stifled a giggle and said, “Your turn.”

Daehyun gulped and nodded. He stood by the kitchen table and stared at the ingredients. He carefully took the egg and tried cracking it onto the edge of the bowl. The bowl tipped over and you managed to catch it before it fell. You took Daehyun’s hand and put one on the edge of the bowl to prevent it from moving. You took Daehyun’s other hand and gently cracked the egg on the bowl. The yolk fell neatly into the bowl and Daehyun stared, shocked.

“So maybe we’ll need some practice on some things but, I think you can manage well,” you smiled. You continued to guide Daehyun and correct his errors. After burning the pancake, pouring too much salt, and many more mistakes, Daehyun finally managed to make a decent looking pancake.

**I hope it tastes as good as it looks** Daehyun thought. He carefully cut a piece with the fork and knife. He stared at it for a second before swallowing it down. He chewed and you looked at his face to see his reaction.

“Is it good?” you asked. Daehyun didn’t say anything, but you could tell he was enjoying it. He was eating the pancake like there was no tomorrow. **I wonder if that habit stuck to him…** you thought. Your mind wandered back to the days B.A.P were still here. Your daydreaming ended quite shortly when you heard a loud clink against the table. Daehyun had finished all his pancake and he still looked hungry.

“Here, have my pancakes. I’m not hungry,” you said and gently pushed the pancakes towards his direction.

Daehyun stared at it and then looked back at you. You nodded and he began to eat again. You smiled and headed towards the kitchen. You began to clean up the kitchen, again. By the time you were done, Daehyun had already finished and was washing the dishes.  

“Thanks, but you didn’t have to do that, I could’ve washed it,” you said. Daehyun said nothing but continued to wash the dishes. You sighed and left the kitchen. You headed towards your room and closed the door. You sat on the edge of your bed and looked down sadly at your hands.

**I wonder if he felt the spark like I did…** you thought. You were helping him crack the egg and when your hands touched his, a spark went up and you shivered. You stayed in your room, lost in your thoughts.

 

Daehyun had finished washing the dishes shortly after you left. He sighed and leaned against the counter. He didn’t understand you. You were just so…so…complicated to understand what you were thinking or feeling.

**The way she had guided me while I learned how to make a pancake…I … enjoyed it** he thought. **The way her eyes shine when she was teaching me and when I did the steps correctly. She was so patient with me…How are you able to be so nice to me when I’m such a jerk to you?**

He looked down at his own hands and sighed. **I wonder if she felt that too?**

He sighed once more and stared up at your room.

“I don’t understand you Han-ah…but I don’t mind,” he said quietly. “As long as I can be somewhere near you…”

~~~~~~~~~~

Hi BABY’s ^^

So how was the chapter? I was so excited when I found out that we didn’t have school yesterday :D But the bad news is that I’m not sure if I am able to update this week because I have to study for my quiz and test :( Yes…I’m a very bad test taker :/ so I’m going to update today instead ^^

Well, enough of my blabbering. Hope you have a nice day ^^

-iHartCupcakes :)