Chapter 15

Remembering You

 

“Another successful surgery again,” Alice laughed.

“Hmmm, where have I heard that repetitive quote again?” you said and pretended to be pondering.

“Oh stop, you know what I meant,” she laughed. “Thank goodness we got that over with, that parent’s been bugging me to tell you to do the surgery all week,” she sighed.

“Hey, you can’t blame her for wanting to save her own daughter,” you laughed.

“I know but why is she making others suffer too,” she said. “I’m getting too old for this.”

“You are never old enough for anything,” you smiled. Alice looked at you and hugged you, “I agree.”

“Come on, let’s go on our break,” she smiled.

“Sure,” you said. “Hold on, let me get my things,” and went into your office to get your bag. You stopped midway when you spotted something familiar.

“Oh, Daehyun forgot his sweater,” you said. You smiled **Another excuse to see him then**

You gently put the sweater into your bag and left your office. **Time to eat** you thought as your stomach grumbled in hunger.

 

“…”

“So…” Daehyun said.

RaeRin only stared at the ground in disappointment. Her father had set both RaeRin and Daehyun together even though they both refused to. They were now sitting on a table at a small café for couples.

“Who is it?” Daehyun asked.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“Who do you really love?” Daehyuna asked. “You made it pretty clear it wasn’t me.”

RaeRin quickly defended herself. “No, it’s not that I don’t like you, I do like you. Wait, no I don’t, I-”

Daehyun chuckled in response, “I was just joking. But really, who is it?”

RaeRin sighed and took a deep breath, “His name is Jung HyoJin,” she said, dazed. “I met him two years ago.”

 

-Flashback-

“Which way is home?” RaeRin muttered as she looked around. She had just moved to a new neighborhood and had just come out from the library. “I think…mmm…it’s that way,” she said and began walking.

She continued walking, but didn’t spot anything familiar. She began to panic; the worst part was that she didn’t bring her phone. **I am so stupid**

-3 hours later-

“It’s official,” she sighed as she sat down onto the stairs of a closed store. “I am officially lost.”

She put her books onto the stairs and began to rub her ankle repeatedly as she looked around. It was getting dark and no one was around. She was really scared now and she didn’t know what to do.

“Are you okay?” said a gentle voice.

RaeRin stopped rubbing her ankle and looked up at the stranger. “Are you okay?” he asked once more.

“I-I’m fine,” RaeRin said and looked away. **Don’t talk to strangers!**

“Alright then, good night,” he said and walked away.

RaeRin wanted him to come back, for she felt lonely, cold, and scared. **What do I do?**

 

She stayed where she was and shivered as another hour passed.

“You’re still here?”

RaeRin slowly looked up and saw the stranger once more. This time, he had a bike with him.

“…”

“You’re lost aren’t you,” he said.

“N-No, I’m not,” she said. “I-I’m just waiting for my friend,” she said.

“At 11 at night?” he asked.

RaeRin gulped and looked away.

“Hop on,” he said.

RaeRin looked at him, then at the bike. She shook her head.

He sighed, “Really? You want to freeze to death? It’s going to be -4 degrees by 12,” he said.

RaeRin hesitated. **It’s now or never. I’ll probably die either way** and she slowly began to get up. She grabbed her books and wrapped her arms around it. She awkwardly sat onto the back of the bike. HyoJin shook his head as he took the books away.

“Hey!” she said in complaint. He put the books in the basket in the front of the bike. “You don’t want to fall off the bike now do you?” he asked.

“N-No,” she said. He took off his scarf and wrapped it around her shivering body. “There, that should keep you warm for now.” RaeRin couldn’t help but blush due to the warm contact. He hopped onto the bike and began peddling.

“So where do you live?” he asked.

**I can’t trust him just yet…I’ll just have to tell him a location somewhere near my house** RaeRin thought. “Oh I live somewhere near Sunny Hill Parks,” she said.

“Okay,” he said and began peddling faster. “Hold on tight cause the rides going to be bumpy.”

RaeRin gulped and tightened her arms around his hips a bit more. She laid her head on his shoulders as he began peddling faster and faster. **I actually don’t mind being where I am**

 

“We’re here,” HyoJin said a bit too quickly.
“Oh, okay,” she said as she got off the bike. HyoJin handed her books back and smirked. “Night,” he said and peddled away.

“I never noticed how nice his smile was…” she muttered to herself. She was woken up from her daydream as she shivered from the cold. **He wasn’t kidding when he said it was going to get colder near 12** and began running back home.

 

“I wonder if I will see him again,” she muttered to herself again.

She was back where she met him. He had accidently left without taking back the scarf and she wanted to return it back to him. It had been 2 hours and she still didn’t see him.

*Sigh*

“I’ll try again next time,” she muttered and began walking back home.

-Next Day-

“Not here again,” she muttered.”Maybe tomorrow?”

-Next Day-

“What are you doing here?”

“Oh, you’re finally here,” she said. She handed him the bag that contained his scarf. “I just wanted to return your scarf and say thank you.”

He took the bag back and took out the scarf. He grinned, “Thanks, this scarf means a lot to me.”

**You mean a lot to me** RaeRin thought.

-End of Flashback-

 

RaeRin smiled, “And that’s how I met him. I am still in contact with him and I…I want to date him publicly and not privately.”

“Wow,” Daehyun said. **Kind of sounds like the relationship between Han-ah and I…**

“Are you ever planning on telling him?” Daehyun asked.

“I don’t know,” RaeRin sighed. “I wanted to so many times, but…the chance was always ruined because of his work or something that was more important.

“I see,” Daehyun said and nodded his head. “I think you should confess to your father.”

“I-I-I can’t…” she muttered. “I have always obeyed my father and never once have I ever disobeyed him.”

“Well, do you want to end up with someone you don’t love?” he asked her. “Cause I sure wouldn’t.”

“You love someone?” she asked.

“Yeah, someone really important to me,” Daehyun said and gave a small smile. “And her name’s Han-ah.”

 

“That was so good,” Alice said and rubbed her satisfied belly.

“I told you,” you laughed. “I go there all the time.”

“Okay, fine, I’ll believe you next time,” she laughed. “Oh, can you wait here for a second? I need to buy some milk.”

“Sure,” you said and waited outside as Alice went inside a grocery store to buy some milk. You looked around until you spotted a familiar figure come out from a café. **Isn’t that Daehyun?** You smiled as you were about to walk towards him when you suddenly saw him open the door for a very pretty girl. Your hand stopped searching your bag for the sweater.

**Isn’t that a couples café?** you thought sadly. **First it’s HyeSun and now it’s another pretty girl…** You looked away and stood back near the grocery store. You saw them heading your way as you quickly grabbed one of the magazines laid on the shopping cart. You covered your face and pretended to be reading it. You heard them laugh as they walked by. You slowly put the magazine down and looked at them walking away, laughing.

“I guess I really don’t stand a chance with him,” you muttered to yourself.

“To who?” Alice said.

“Oh, you’re back,” you said, surprised.

“I was only buying milk,” Alice said. “Come on; let’s go back to the hospital.”

“Yeah…lets,” you mumbled sadly.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Double update ^^

-iHartCupcakes :)