Chapter 22

Remembering You

 

“HyeSun, I’m here,” said Raejoon.

HyeSun snapped the phone shut and growled. She applied another swipe of lip-gloss, smacked her lips, and slammed the lip gloss onto the makeup table.

“I’m doing this for Daehyun…” she murmured. She grabbed her bags and slammed the door shut.

 

HyeSun went through her bag when she heard a honk. She looked up and saw Raejoon grin at her. She stayed expressionless and headed towards the car. She got inside and slammed the door shut. She put on her seatbelt and looked out the window. Raejoon shrugged and drove off.

“So where would you like to eat?” Raejoon asked.

HyeSun didn’t bother to respond as she stared out the window, watching everything fall past behind her.

“HyeSun, I’m asking you a question,” Raejoon said through his gritted teeth.

HyeSun finally moved and looked at Raejoon. “You told me to go on a date with you. That does not require for me to talk and respond to you,” she said coldly and looked out the window.

Instead of getting angry, he coolly responded, “I see, so you’re playing hard to get, huh?”

HyeSun knew it was pointless in arguing back so she stayed quiet. Raejoon, thinking he won, smirked in triumph. “To the Italian restaurant it is,” he said and pressed against the pedal.

 

Daehyun looked around in a daze.

“What’s going on?” he murmured in confusion. He looked around and didn’t recognize where he was. Suddenly, his eyes stopped wandering and stared at the scene playing in front of him.

 

“Enjoy,” you smiled and they all dug into the food.

“This is *munch munch* so good,” Jongup said with his mouth full.

“Say ah,” Himchan said and fed you some Yangnyeom Tongdak.

“Thanks,” you said and smiled as the flavor melted in your mouth. You were about to grab a tissue when you found one in front of my face. You took it and wiped your face.

"Thanks Daehyun," you said.

He just nodded and continued to eat.

We all ate happily and we went to go and pay for the food.

“Thank you so much, the food was delicious as always,” you said.

“Thank you, and come back again, soon, with your group of friends,” she smiled.

“O-Okay,” you said and we left the store. “I think she likes you guys,” you smiled.

“Of course she would like us, we are very likeable people,” Himchan said.

“Some of us are,” Jongup said.

*Smacks on the arm*

 “Owww, what did I say wrong?” he questioned.

“You really are trying to get smacked aren’t you,” Himchan said.

“At least I don’t hit like a girl,” Jongup mumbled.

“What?”

“Nothing!~” Jongup said and looped his arm around yours and walked away.

“Aish! That kid,” Himchan mumbled and walked faster to catch up.

 

**W-What are these scenes? Who are those people? I-I don’t…how?** Daehyun thought. **Have I really met Han-ah before?**

 

“What is this?” Youngjae asked.

“Ice cream,” you said.

“It’s really delicious!” Jongup shouted.

“Is he okay?” Yongguk asked.

“I think he’s a bit hyper from all the sugar in the ice cream, after all, it is his first time eating it,” you shrugged.

“Okay,” he said and grabbed one of the ice creams. You handed the rest of the ice cream to the others and they all ate it.

“This is really good,” Youngjae said.

“I know,” you said. “There’s some ice cream on the tip of your nose,” you said to Daehyun and gave him a tissue. He took it and nodded as a ‘thank you’.

“Jongup! Don’t eat all the ice cream or else you’re going 50 miles back to get another pack of ice cream!” you shouted and ran towards him.

“Awww! But noona! It’s so good!” Jongup shouted and ran away with the box of ice cream he had stolen from the fridge.

“Jongup!” you shouted, ready to chase him until I get back the pack of ice cream.

 

The scenes disappeared, leaving Daehyun clueless and very confused. **What’s going on? Who are these people? How did I meet Han-ah?** So many questions were floating around, all unanswered.

“Hey Daehyun,” said a deep voice. Daehyun turned around to see 5 blond boys smiling at him.

“W-Who are you?” Daehyun asked. Suddenly, he realized they were the same boys that were in the scenes. “What is going on? How do I know any of you?”

They all looked at one another, worried.

“I told you we shouldn’t have-mph,” one said before another smacked his hand across his mouth. He glared at him and then responded, “Do you honestly not remember?”

Daehyun shook his head, “I don’t.”

He nodded and said, “Whether you remember us or not is unimportant. I think it’s more important for you to remember what had happened between you and Han-ah.”

“Do you still have the ring?” he asked.

“H-How do you know I have a ring?” Daehyun asked suspiciously.

He shook his head, “What am I going to do with you?” he murmured. “Look, do you have it or not? If you want answers than I’m going to need the ring.”

Daehyun gulped and slowly took off the ring around his neck.

He stepped forward and took the ring. “I can’t believe you still have this but…you don’t remember Han-ah…”

Daehyun growled and snatched the ring back. “You said this would give me answers, none of them are being answered.”

“Look at the ring,” he said.

Daehyun did but saw nothing special about it.

“Look harder,” he said. “You got this ring, remember? You got it the day we left.”

Daehyun saw D♥H engraved onto the ring. Suddenly, he had flashbacks.

 

“Sir, what about this ring?” the worker said as he showed Daehyun a whole case of rings, but Daehyun was not interested.

“I would like that one,” he said and pointed to a plain and simple silver ring. “I would like to engrave D♥H inside.”

“Of course,” the worker said and took the ring. Daehyun smiled as he thought, “This is going to be a great present.”

 

“Hyung…” Jongup said sadly. Daehyun gave him a gentle smile and ruffled his hair. “Don’t worry about me; I’ll take good care of Han-ah.” Jongup sniffled and nodded before entering the space ship. Daehyun said good bye to the others when Yongguk suddenly came up to Daehyun.

“Are you sure about this decision?” he asked.
“I’m sure hyung,” Daehyun said.

Yongguk only nodded and ruffled his hair. “Take good care of Han-ah or else I’m going to have to come back as soon as possible to take care of some business,” he said.

Daehyun laughed and nodded, “I’ll take good care of her.”He looked down at the box and said, “I’ll come back as a better and more imroved man Han-ah, just wait for me.”

 

“Daehyun! Get back here!” HyeSun yelled.

“Get away from me,” Daehyun growled. “I don’t love you, stay away from me. Don’t make me call the police!”

“Stop, please, don’t,” she said through her sniffles. “I love you, why can’t you love me back?”

“Because you’re nothing like her,” Daehyun said.

“Why do you care so much about this girl? You always talk about her as if she is so special. What is it that she has that I don’t? Tell me!” she screamed.

“She has everything that you don’t,” Daehyun said and walked away. He heard HyeSun give a loud shriek and turned around only to feel a sharp pain against his head. He dropped onto the ground and saw HyeSun’s tear slide down her face. “I’m sorry Daehyun,” he heard her say before his eyes closed.

 

Daehyun shivered as some of his memories came back to him. “I’m guessing you remember now, huh?”

Daehyun looked up and said, “Yongguk hyung…”

Yongguk smiled and nodded, “Now wake up and go find the truth. You deserve this…and so does Han-ah.”

 

Daehyun woke up with a jolt. He shivered as he felt cold wind run down his spine. He looked at you and found you asleep. He looked at the ring and saw yours hanging around your neck, hidden under your shirt.

“How did I not see that…?” Daehyun murmured. “I’m sorry Han-ah, I really am…”

ColorfulCupcakeDivider.gif

I am so so so so sorry for not updating as often. Even though it's Winter Break, I'm still busy as ever T.T

Well, I finally updated and it's long-ish :D

I'll try to update again later on if I can (no promises) ;D

-iHartCupcakes :)