Chapter 24

Remembering You

"Where is she?" Daehyun said out of breath.

"She's in her room," Alice said through her uncontrollable soft cries.

Daehyun ran past her and stopped right in front of your door. He gulped and shivered as his warm hands touched the cold metal door knob. He slowly began twisting the door knob, he suddenly let go and was about to look away when he looked back at your room. He didn't know what to do and he was showing it by standing outside of the door looking like a fool. He shook his head and put on a brave face. He slowly turned the door knob and opened the door to your room. You head snapped to the sound of the door.

"Who is it?" you asked with a soft, curious voice. Daehyun shed a tear involuntarily as he watched you stumble as you used your hand to guide you around the room. You tripped on the bed and Daehyun quickly caught you before you landed onto the floor flat on your face.

"Thank you," you said through your soft chuckle. "I'm making such a fool of myself."

Daehyun didn't respond as he watched you guide yourself back to your bed. Your hands touched everything as it swept gently across all kinds of objects. When you finally managed to settle in, you smiled and said, "You still haven't told me your name and who you are."

Daehyun coughed and cleared his throat. He changed his voice into a deeper key and said, "My name is Daejoon and I'm a patient in this hospital as well."

"Oh," you said cluelessly. "And may I ask why you are admitted into the hospistal? Did you get major injuries or something?" you asked.

"Oh, yeah, I got hit on the head with...with a...uh football, yes a football," Daehyun said hesitantly.

"Oh, are you okay?" you asked.

"Of course," Daehyun said. "I-I'm fine." You were looking in the direction of Daehyun but your eyes would wander around, as if searching for the source of the voice. Daehyun felt uncomfortable that you weren't making the same warm eye contact that you used to make when you first met him.

"I-uh, I have to go back to my room," Daehyun said.

"Oh, alright. It was nice meeting you Daejun. I hope you come back to visit again," you said with a dazed smile.

"Y-Yeah," Daehyun said. "I'll come back to visit again," he said. He slowly walked out of the room and gently closed the
door.

*Plip plop*

Daehyun's tears dropped onto the ground as he dropped to his knees. He hated how weak and lost you looked. The confident, fun you had disappeared. It was now replaced with a innocent, lost, 23 year old. He didn't understand how you were still able to smile but he was glad you weren't breaking down and crying like he had thought.

**I must be brave for Han-ah when she needs me most** Daehyun got off the ground and wiped away his tears. **I must come back again tomorrow to visit her. Until then, she won't know my identity** he thought.

 

"Do you really plan on doing this?" Alice asked Daehyun as he began to put on the clothes patient wore at the hospital.

"Of course," Daehyun said. "I'm doing this for Han-ah."

"Well, alright," Alice said. "It's not like I can ever change your mind.."

Daehyun smiled and winked. "Remember, I'm not Daehyun, I'm Daejoon." Alice nodded as Daehyun left 'his room'. He walked across the hall and knocked on your door.

"Who is it?" you said through the door.

"It's Daejoon," Daehyun replied.

The door opened after a couple seconds. "Please come in, Han-ah as been looking foward to seeing you a lot, Daejoon," the nurse said and gave a secret wink to Daehyun. Daehyun nodded and walked towards you.

"Hey Han-ah," he said. Alice and the nurse smiled and gently closed the door.

"Hi-wait, how do you know my name?" you asked. "I never told you my name though."

"I uh-your name is on the door so..." Daehyun stuttered.

"Oh, that makes more sense," you laughed. "Please, come and sit," you said and patted onto the bed. Daehyun did as told and you began to talk more.

"How is the day outside?" you asked.

"It's a beautiful day outside," Daehyun replied.

"Oh, that's too bad," you replied. "I wish I appreciated the things I saw back then. Now, I can only rely on my memory."

"It's alright, life comes with a price," Daehyun said. "I had to pay a big price as well."

"Really?" you asked. "What price did you pay? I mean, that is, if you want to tell me."

Daehyun chuckled and said, "I lost my love not long ago. I don't know if she'll ever come back."

"Oh, that's sad," you said. "But do you believe she'll come back?"you asked without realized he was talking about you.

"I'm honestly not so sure," Daehyun said. "But I hope she does."

"She'll come back," you said positively. "You believe in her that much, she must come back at some point."

"...Yeah, I think she'll come back as well," Daehyun said. You and Daehyun spent hours in the room talking and chatting. Not once did you ever think you were talking to Daehyun. But that didn't mean he hadn't come across your mind.

"Han-ah, your teacher is here," the nurse said.

"Teacher?" Daehyun asked.

"Oh yes, Han-ah is learning how to read braille," she said.

"Yes, I have to be able to survive in this world without the use of my eyes now," you said. "Might as well start learning now instead of moping around."

"Oh, then I shall take my departure," Daehyun said.

"But-"

"I'll come back tomorrow," Daehyun said to reassure you. You smiled and nodded, "Okay." Daehyun nodded at your teacher and left the room. He went back into his room and changed back into his regular clothes. He walked by your room and smiled when you were clearly stuck on one of the braille words. He laughed when you accidently ripped one of the pages of the book due to clumsiness. He left the hospital and was walking home when a car pulled up. Daehyun stopped walking as the windows of the car rolled down.

"Get in," RaeRin said. Daehyun didn't understand what was going on but by the look on RaeRin's face, it was something serious. Daehyun got ito the car and closed the door. The chaeffeur drove off as Daehyun put on his seatbelt.

"What's going on?" Daehyun asked.

"Not good, not good," RaeRin said repeatedly.

"What are you talking about?" Daehyun asked.

"I-I confessed to my father," RaeRin said, "And...and he wasn't happy. He was very angry in fact."

Daehyun didn't say a word and allowed RaeRin to continue. "He noticed that I haven't been spending a lot of time with you. He-he's going to send HyoJin and his family off to somewhere else. HyoJin's family isn't very rich and is desperate for money because of their debt. My father promised to clear their debt if they went to work at another country to help build one of his company's building. But the job is harsh and HyoJin is the only one stable enough to do the job, but it's not good for his health."

"..." Daehyun said. "So what do we do?"

RaeRin shook her head,  "I honestly don't know, but we'll have to do as he says for now. I can't afford to lose HyoJin...he's too important to me."

Daehyun patted her head and said, "It's okay, I'll help out. I'll do as we are told."

"R-Really?" RaeRin asked. "T-Thank you so much."

Daehyun smiled and patted her head once more. "No problem." **I just hope this won't interfere the plans between Han-ah and I**