Chapter 31

Remembering You

Alice squirmed in her ropes as she stared wide eyed at Daehyun. 

"Mmmf mfff mmmff," she was trying to say something. Daehyun didn’t understand what she was saying, but he can tell she was scared.

"Ugh, these stupid humans don't know how to do anything right," Raejoon growled. "I thought I told you to make them unconscious," he yelled at one of his men. The man flinched and bowed, "My apologies, Boss."

Suddenly, Daehyun recognized that face. **Where have I seen that face before...?**

“You’re that guy that was taking pictures of RaeRin and Hyojin!” Daehyun shouted.

The man said nothing. “You were caught? By him?” Raejoon said. He laughed in response. “This just keeps getting better and better.”

Suddenly, Raejoon’s phone rang. “Ah, they must have brought her now.” He picked up the phone and smiled, “Did you get her?” Raejoon’s smile suddenly vanished, “Go get HER NOW!” he shouted before slamming the phone onto the floor and growled. “Useless. It seems I have to do everything on my own, huh?”

 

 

“Han-ah, Miss Alice sent you a note,” said the nurse.

“Oh, thank you,” you said. Your fingers swiftly unfolded the letter. Your fingers skimmed through the braille as your heart rate sped up.

 

Dear Han-ah,

I want you to escape the hospital and go somewhere safe. Please, don’t wonder why and please do not come back to the mansion, please. Whatever you do, don’t come back. Just go somewhere safe. And please, try not to trust any strangers…please be safe.

-Alice

 

**What does Alice mean not to go back to the mansion? She is supposed to pick me up to go back to the mansion though…** you thought. You didn’t understand what was going on until suddenly a voice said, “Hello Han-ah,” said a voice.

“Who are you?” you asked.

“I am here to bring you back to the mansion, Alice sent me to pick you up,” said the unfamiliar voice.

Now you understood, something wrong had happened. And this was the stranger Alice was talking about.

“I’m sorry, but you cannot take Han-ah without the guardian who has signed the contract,” the nurse said.

“Well, guardian or not, I’m going to need Han-ah to come with me,” the stranger said.

“I’m sorry but- omo-,” the nurse abruptly said.

“She’s coming with me,” the stranger said. “Tell anyone before we leave, and you’re dead.”

You suddenly felt a strong grip against your fragile arm. You felt something cold and hard against your back. “You’re going to listen to me and follow me or else your friends will die. Do you understand?”

You nodded in response. You stood there as you heard the stranger pack all your belongings. You quietly began to shuffle towards the door. You felt a calloused hand grab yours and you felt a tug. Before you knew it, you were running.

“Hey! Get back here!” shouted the stranger. You didn’t know who was dragging you away, but it couldn’t be worse than having a gun pointed to your back.

You suddenly stopped running, “Who-”

“Shhhh,” said the stranger. You felt a hand pushing you down towards the floor. You obeyed and knelt down. You heard heavy breathing and footsteps.

“Dammit, where is that girl?” you heard the stranger say. You stayed completely still, not daring to breathe. Suddenly, you heard the footsteps heading the other direction. After a couple of seconds, you felt the hand being lifted off your head.

“He’s gone,” said the voice.

“Who are you?” you finally asked.

“I’m Hyojin,” he said. “I am a friend of Daehyun.”

“Oh, but what is going on?” you asked. “Where are Daehyun and Alice?”

“I’m not so sure myself,” Hyojin said. “

“Why are you helping me?” you asked suspiciously.

“It’s the least I can do for Daehyun. He had helped me a lot, I owe him this much,” Hyojin said. “Come on, we have to get you somewhere safe.”

“No,” you said. “I need to go and save Alice and Daehyun.”

“But-”

“Please, I have to save them. I can’t just sit around, not knowing if they are injured or are in pain. Who knows what is happening to them right now.”

“…”

“Okay…fine,” Hyojin said. “Under one condition, you have to follow me if something goes wrong. Understand?”

“Yes,” you said. Hyojin helped you get up as he looked around. “His car isn’t far from here,” he muttered. “We should be able to follow him quickly. Come on.”

Behind the bushes, “Yes hyung, understood. We’ll be able to hit two birds with one stone.” The stranger closed the device and put it back into his pocket. “It’s good to be back on Earth.”