Chapter 14

Remembering You

 

“Do you think she is feeling better? When can she help my daughter do the surgery? We flew all the way here and we really need help,” a patient’s parent said desperately.

“She probably just needs another day or so to heal,” Alice reassured her. “She should be able to do surgery again by tomorrow or so,” Alice smiled.

“Alright then,” the patient’s parent frowned. She left as Alice gave a heavy sigh.

*Knock knock*

“…”

“Han-ah? You in there?” she said.

“…”

Alice frowned and slowly opened the door. She gave a small gasp to the scene she was seeing. You were sleeping on a chair peacefully with a sweater wrapped around you. Beside you, Daehyun was sleeping on the table.

Alice couldn’t help but grin, **This is perfect** She took out her phone and snapped a couple of pictures. She slid her phone back into her pocket and closed the door.  **They are so cute together** and walked away.

 

You stirred in your sleep as you felt a bright light shining on your face. Your eyebrows furrowed in annoyance and you slowly began to open your eyes. You blinked a couple of times to adjust to the light. When you were fully awake, you found Daehyun asleep on the table. You looked down and realized his sweater was keeping you warm.

*Sigh*

You quietly got up and gently wrapped the sweater on him to keep him warm.

**Daehyun-ah, you’re making me fall in love with you even more…** you thought. You gently swept a strand of stray hair from his handsome face.

**Thank you though ** you smiled.

You looked at the ‘finished’ pile and carried half of them to the other office and dropped them off. You then went back into your office and took the last half of the files and dropped them off on the desk. You came back into your room to find Daehyun missing.

“Huh? Where did he go?” you muttered. You shrugged and stretched.

“Omo! My back doesn’t hurt anymore!” you said happily.

 

Daehyun fidgeted as he waited for the bus to come. He had forgotten his promise to HyeSun when before he called you yesterday.

-Day before-

“Daehyun,” HyeSun said.

“Yeah?” he replied.

“Can we go out to eat tomorrow?” she asked.

“…”

Daehyun didn’t respond and continued flipping through the pages in the magazine.

“Daehyun,” HyeSun said a bit more urgent this time. “Please, don’t you want to see your boss again? Well, our boss? Together?”

Daehyun sighed and lightly threw the magazine onto the table, uninterested.

“I don’t even remember him, why should I even go?” Daehyun said.

“Because, he misses you and…and who wouldn’t miss you? Everyone at work there keeps asking about you,” she frowned. “Please, do this for me.”

Daehyun sighed once more and nodded, “Fine, fine. I’ll go.”

HyeSun gave a delighted squeal and ran up to Daehyun and hugged him. “Thank you, thank you, thank you.”

-Now-

“I hope I’m won’t be late,” he muttered. He checked the time on his watch and grunted. “I’ll need to take a shower fast.”

The public bus arrived and he hopped inside. **10 more stops…so about 15 minutes max**

When the bus had finally arrived in front of HyeSun’s apartment, he thanked the bus driver and started walking towards the apartment. He ran up the stairs and quickly opened the door with the keys. He grabbed some clothes from the closet and went inside the bathroom to shower.

Daehyun came out and ruffled his hair with the towel as he was trying to dry it. **Drying my hair is so annoying** he grumbled.  He checked the time on his watch again. **1 more hour**

He finished drying his hair and he combed it until his hair was nice and shiny. “Just a couple more minutes,” he muttered. He grabbed his coat and keys.  He closed the door, locked it, and then left the apartment.  He started walking until he spotted a tall, white, expensive looking restaurant.

*Sigh*

**Here we go** he thought.

He went inside the restaurant and nodded at one of the waiters. His eyes searched for familiar orange hair.

“Daehyun! Over here!”

Daehyun looked to his left and saw HyeSun waving her hand signaling to come over. Daehyun hesitated and then walked over. HyeSun patted a seat next to her. “Come, sit, sit,” she smiled.

“Hello Daehyun, how are you doing?” said a deep voice.

Daehyun looked up and met eyes with a young but firm face. “Who are you?” he asked.

HyeSun gave a weak chuckle and said, “Sorry, like I said, he doesn’t remember anything.”

“Oh, well, that’s too bad,” he muttered. “Well then, my name is Shin JiHwa and I am your boss.”

“Hello, my name is Shin Raejoon, I am his son,” said another guy. Daehyun met eyes with him and he swore that he saw him glaring at him before he looked away.

“Hello, my name is Shin RaeRin, and I am his daughter,” said a soft voice. “I’m Raejoon’s twin.” Daehyun met eyes with a girl who looked innocent and beautiful. “It’s nice to meet you.”

Daehyun slowly nodded, trying to remember all the names. “It’s nice to meet you, too,” he responded back.

“…”

“Ah the food has come,” JiHwa said, breaking the awkward silence. 5 different waiters came over and set the food onto the table.

“Thank you,” Daehyun muttered.

They didn’t respond back as they left with empty trays. “Well, dig in,” JiHwa laughed.

They all looked at one another and began to eat.

 

“Full?” JiHwa laughed as Daehyun had finally put down his fork. “I like that, a man that can eat well.”

Daehyun gulped and wiped his mouth with the napkin.

“Well, I have finally made my decision,” he said and gave a hearty chuckle.

“What decision?” HyeSun asked.

“Yes, father, what decision are you talking about?” Raejoon said.

“Well, RaeRin here,” he said and patted his daughter’s leg, “has been telling me about a guy that she has feelings for and I know who it is.”

“R-Really?” RaeRin said with excitement.

“Of course my dear,” he laughed. “He’s right here.”

She got off her chair and looked around. “Where? I don’t see him.”

“He’s right in front of you,” JiHwa laughed.

RaeRin looked down and saw only Daehyun, drinking a glass of water. “Huh?”

“Isn’t it great, I knew Daehyun was your type all along,” JiHwa laughed.  

*Spssh*

*Cough cough*

“W-What?” HyeSun said, unaware that Daehyun was choking from the water.

RaeRin gave a weak but sad and urgent chuckle. “Father, that’s not-”

“I know, no need to thank me,” he laughed.

“But that’s not what I-”

“And isn’t this perfect? Now HyeSun and Raejoon can get together,” he laughed. “I approve.”

Raejoon smirked as HyeSun pouted and gave a small frustrated grunt. Daehyun had finally managed to stop choking on his water when he finally managed to look at his boss.

**This is not good…** he thought.