Chapter 12

Remembering You

 

You were back in the hospital working as usual. But you were much happier; being able to spend some time with Daehyun yesterday was amazing! You smiled at the events that had occurred last night. **I was really lucky to spend some time with him yesterday**

You finished filling in one of the files and got up to stretch. **Finally finished! Lunch time!~**

You grabbed your bag and took off. You headed down the stairs and greeted everyone that had passed by.

“Morning.”

“Morning,” you replied.

You went towards the door and opened it. As you continued walking, you searched through your bag to find your phone when you suddenly bumped into something solid. You looked up to see Daehyun grinning.

“D-Daehyun, w-what are you doing here?” you asked, shocked.

“I just happened to pass by here,” he shrugged.

“O-Oh, okay…” you said. “…Well, I got to go and-”

“Eat lunch with me,” Daehyun suddenly said.

“L-Lunch?” you asked.

Daehyun rolled his eyes, “Yes, I said lunch.”

You didn’t know what to say so you just nodded.

“Good, let’s go back to that dukbokki store,” he said.

Your head shot up, “Dukbokki store? You remember?”

“No,” he said. Your heart deflated but he continued. “I don’t remember much after the accident, but I went there with HyeSun and the owner said I came here with you.”

**HyeSun…she’s everywhere now…** you thought sadly.

Before you knew it, the both of you were in front of the dukbokki store. Your stomach involuntarily growled in hunger and you pinked from embarrassment.

“Come on,” Daehyun chuckled as he dragged you inside.

“Welcome to-Oh! Han-ah!” the owner said happily and gave you a big hug. “Welcome back my dear,” she said with a bright, warm, motherly smile.

“I am glad to be back,” you replied and smiled at her as well.

“I see you have finally come to your senses and chosen Han-ah, eh?” she said.

“Huh? What are you talking about?” you asked.

She pulled you aside and whispered to you. “He came in here last time and he came in with a girl. When I talked to him about how he came the last time, he acted as if he didn’t know anything,” she frowned. “You better take care of her this time you hear?” she said louder for Daehyun to hear.

“I-”

“Come on, please, sit on table 3,” she said. She dragged you away to table 3 as Daehyun stood at the entrance, bewildered at what had just happened. **Han-ah must know something about this…she knows something that I don’t…**

“Same order as always?” she asked as Daehyun sat down onto one of the chairs.

“Yes please,” you said.

“And you?” she asked.

“Same as Han-ah,” he said. She nodded and left them alone as she began to prepare their orders.

“Han-ah,” Daehyun said.

“Hmm?” you said as you began to take the chopsticks and wipe them with a napkin.

“Have I ever been here before? With you? With…with someone else?” he asked.

You dropped the chopsticks onto the group and you met Daehyun’s eyes.

“I-I,” was all you were able to say. You gulped and quickly picked up the chopsticks from the floor. You accidently slammed it against the table and jumped at the noise. You looked at Daehyun with teary eyes and said, “I have to go,” and left before he could say anything.

You ran outside and kept running until you were back at the hospital. You went back to your office and closed the door. You leaned against the door and laid your head back.

**I should’ve told him the truth…** you thought. You were afraid that he would hate you if you told him the truth. You would rather see him every day and talk to him then to have him give you the cold shoulder.  You sighed and closed your eyes.

**I hope I’m doing the right thing** you thought as you sat down onto your chair. Your stomach growled and you groaned. **Dang it! I forgot to eat lunch**

*Sigh*

**Guess I’ll just have to skip lunch** you thought sadly as you began to fill in forms from the stack of work that had appeared on your desk while you were out.

*Knock knock*

Your head shot up, you were worried it might be Daehyun again. But to your relief, it was one of the nurses that worked in the hospital.

“Excuse me Han-ah, sorry to bother you, but someone down stairs asked me to give you this,” she said and handed you a bag. You took the bag and the nurse closed the door. You opened the bag and the warm smell of dukbokki hit your nose.

**Daehyun…** you smiled. **Thank you**

 

Daehyun smiled as he stood outside the hospital. **Enjoy your lunch Han-ah. I hope you will be able to tell me what you are hiding from me. But for now, I will just have to be patient and wait**

~~~~~~~~~~

I feel like an awful author >____<

I haven’t updated for a week now I think O.o?

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chappie ^^

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :D

-iHartCupcakes :)