Chapter 21

Remembering You

 

Daehyun slowly walked into the room and quietly sat down onto the chair beside the bed. He stared at your peaceful, but pale face. He gently swept the back of his fingers against your soft cheeks. The monitor continued to beep with the rate of your heart. Daehyun sat by your side and grabbed your cold hand. He kissed your knuckles and sighed as he remembered the conversation he had with the doctor.

“We have done all we can, but she doesn’t seem to want to wake up,” said the doctor.

“What do you mean she doesn’t want to wake up?” Daehyun asked.

“As in she just doesn’t seem to be living on Earth right now,” he said. “Her body is still her physically but it’s like her mind is just…somewhere far away.”

“D-Do you think she’ll ever wake up?” Daehyun murmured, scared of the response he was going to hear.

The doctor sighed and shook his head, “I’m not so sure myself. It all depends on her to whether she wants to wake up again or not,” he said.

Daehyun sighed and nodded, “Thank you.”

“No problem,” he said and left the room.

Daehyun sank onto his knees in defeat. **Why are you doing this to me Han-ah? Why?...**

Daehyun closed his eyes as he sat by your side. “All I can do now is wait,” he murmured. He waited for another 2 hours, hoping you would suddenly just open your eyes and smile at him. But you never did. Daehyun’s eyes began drooping; soon, he was asleep beside you.

 

“Why aren’t you eating?” RaeJoon asked while sipping his wine. HyeSun and RaeJoon were at a private room in an expensive restaurant. Currently, they were on their ‘date’.

“I’m not hungry,” HyeSun said and looked out the window.

RaeJoon put down his wine and stared at HyeSun. “Why do you love him?”

“What?” she asked, now fully paying attention.

RaeJoon didn’t bother looking as he began twirling the wine in the glass.  “Oh what’s his name? Daehyung? Daehoon? Dae-”

“Daehyun, his name is Daehyun,” HyeSun said through her gritted teeth.

“Ah, yes, Daehyun. What’s so special about him?” he asked.

“Simple, because he’s nothing like you,” she said.

RaeJoon stopped twirling the wine and glared at HyeSun. HyeSun glared back in response. RaeJoon took a deep breath and sipped his wine once more.

“I guess you haven’t told him yet,” he said.

HyeSun continued glaring at him, “You wouldn’t dare,” she growled.

RaeJoon smirked and laughed, “Oh HyeSun, I thought you knew me by now.” He stopped laughing and his eyes turned cold. “I dare,” he said. “Both you and I know that I will do whatever it takes to get what I want,” he growled.

HyeSun said nothing, but her hands began curling into a fist. She bit the inside of to keep herself from punching him.

“You know I didn’t mean any harm,” she growled.

He laughed, “Either way, what you did can cause you much more trouble than you thought if everyone knows about it. Your reputation and life will crumble within seconds. Everyone will hate you.”

HyeSun gulped and looked away. RaeJoon smirked in victory. “Alright, let’s make a deal.”

“What do you want…?” she asked.

“Just forget Daehyung and come to me. I won’t tell your secret in return,” he said.

“Never,” HyeSun spat. “And it’s Daehyun! Get that right!”

“Fine, then I guess I’ll just have to tell him,” RaeJoon said. “It’s too bad his life is going to be completely ruined. Oh wait, it already is,” he smirked.

“Don’t you dare do anything to him!” HyeSun shouted.

RaeJoon rolled his eyes, “Do you accept the deal?”

“…”

HyeSun hesitated at his response. “D-Deal,” she finally said.

“Good choice,” RaeJoon said and kissed her forehead. “I’ll see you tomorrow then HyeSun.” He got off the chair and left the room. HyeSun took a couple of deep breaths before screaming as the door closed. She threw the glass of wine onto the floor in frustration.

“I HATE YOU RAEJOON!” she shouted. “AISH!” she screamed once more and stomped her feet.

Outside the door, RaeJoon smirked. “Love you too HyeSun,” he murmured and left.

 

A week has passed now, and you still haven’t woken up. Daehyun was starting to lose hope. The steady beeping of the monitor showed that you were still alive, but it just wasn’t the same. He would clean the room to past the time. He wanted the place to sparkle when you opened your eyes.

When he had finished wiping the windows, he washed the cloth and left it on the hanger to dry. He sat back down on the seat and groaned when he stretched his back.

**Wake up Han-ah, please…** he thought.

His pocket vibrated as his phone rang. He sighed and looked at the caller ID. It was RaeRin.

“Hello?” he answered.

“Hello? Daehyun? Are you okay?” she asked. “You haven’t been active lately.”

“I’m at the hospital right now,” he said.

“…”

“Are you with her?” she asked.

“Yes, I’m with Han-ah right now,” he said.

“Ah, may I come and visit?” she asked.

Daehyun hesitated but finally agreed, “Sure.” He gave her the address and they hung up. **Least I can do for leaving the surprise birthday party so suddenly.”

 

“So how was the party?” Daehyun asked.

“She’s so pale,” RaeRin said, ignoring his comment.

“Yeah,” Daehyun murmured.

“How? Is she? What happened?” RaeRin asked.

“She was doing surgery for one of the patients that had a disease and she ended up getting sick,” Daehyun explained.

“That’s terrible,” RaeRin said. “Is that why you left during HyoJin’s birthday party?”

Daehyun nodded in response, “Sorry about that.”

“No, it’s fine,” RaeRin said. “It’s understandable in fact.”

“…”

“Daehyun, if she ever wakes up, I want to meet her,” RaeRin said. “You make her sound…so…special; I would like to know understand how you feel when you’re with her.”

Daehyun smiled and nodded, “Sure.” He looked back down at your pale, still face. “I just hope she will be alive by then…”

-3 months later-

“Are you sure you want to give up on her?” Alice asked once more, but she pleading more than asking.

Daehyun sighed, it’s been a whole 3 months since you were sick and you never woke up. He had lost all hope now. The only thing keeping you alive was the machine. He didn’t want you to live like that…it just wasn’t fair.

“It’s for the best,” he murmured and walked off before Alice could say anything else.

Daehyun walked into the clean, sparkly room. A tear rolled down his eye as he sat by your side.

“You have made my lose all hope now Han-ah…why can’t you just open your eyes? Please…wake up now and I’ll know everything will be okay,” he whispered.

“…”

He sighed and shook his head. “I guess they’ll be shutting down the machine by tomorrow then…until then, I’ll stay with you until the very end.” He closed his eyes and slept next to you.

Your fingers twitched before going still once more.

ColorfulCupcakeDivider.gif

Hi BABY’s

*Dodges flying tomato*

I am sooooo soooo sooo sooo sooo sooo sorry for leaving behind a cliff hanger again :( and this one is probably the worst of it isn’t it? Ehehehe… >__<

Sorry LOL but I just can’t help it, it comes naturally >:

Well, comment your thoughts and feelings below (And I am sure that most of you have a lot to say) :)

*Dodges another flying tomato*

Sorry you guys :(

I’ll try to update ASAP if I don’t happen to have a lot of homework. If I do, then you’ll probably have to wait until winter break >__<

Once again I am sooooo soooo sooo sooo sooo sorry >:

<3

-iHartCupcakes :)