Chapter 1

Remembering You

 

“D-Daehyun? Is that you?” you asked.

“Who are you?” he asked with bewilderment in his eyes.

“Daehyun-ah, don’t you remember who I am?” you asked.

He frowned and said, “I told you, I don’t know who you are. Why do you keep asking?”

“I-” you were about to say when HyeSun barged into the room. “Daehyun!” she shouted and hugged him. You just stood there and stared at both of them.

HyeSun touched his cheek and made him look at her. She looked around and smiled, “You’re okay.”

Daehyun frowned and took her hand away from his face. “And who are you?”

HyeSun stopped smiling and stared at Daehyun, shocked. “Y-You don’t remember who I am?”

“What is with you people and asking if I know you or not, because here’s the answer, I don’t know any of you,” he said.

“…”

“Daehyun, I am you girlfriend,” HyeSun said.

“What?” both of you shouted.

“We’ve been dating for a year now and you were about to ask me to marry you that night before your accident,” she said. Tears spilled out of her eyes and her body trembled as she began to cry. Daehyun looked at her with wide eyes and bit his lips.

“D-Don’t cry,” Daehyun said and looked away. “You’re making me look like the bad guy here.” The door suddenly opened and Doctor James came in.

“Good morning, Dr. James,” you said.

“Oh, hello Han-ah,” he said with a smile. He looked at HyeSun and looked at you in confusion. He mouthed to you, “Did I come in at the wrong time?”

You shook your head and he nodded. “Well, I have news,” he said. He sighed and said, “I’m afraid it’s not good news either. I guess you know that Daehyun has lost his memory. The accident took great damage, so now he probably won’t be able to remember anything.”

You saw HyeSun shift in her movement and then continued to cry. Dr. James cleared his throat and said, “I suggest Daehyun to take a break before he does anything else.”

HyeSun sniffled and said, “But who will take care of him? I have to work and I don’t have anyone else to watch over him.”

“Well, we could get a nurse to watch over him, but it would cost a lot of money,” Dr. James hesitated.

“H-How much?” HyeSun asked. While everyone was talking, Daehyun was really quiet and was just staring out the window. His face was expressionless; you wanted to know what he was thinking about so bad.

“Well, let’s discuss this somewhere else,” Dr. James said and looked at Daehyun in the corner of his eyes.

We quietly left the room and closed the door. “Well, let’s just say that the cost is going to be a lot and it might take some time to cover up all the costs.”

“W-Well, I don’t have a lot of money,” HyeSun said honestly.

Suddenly, an idea popped up in your head. You secretly smiled to yourself for your brilliant idea. “I can take care of him for free.”

They looked at you and you smiled back at them. “I see why not, you have the license” said Dr. James. “Would you like to accept it? It’s one of the best offers right now. If you’re worried, don’t be. Han-ah here is one of the top most wanted doctors in Seoul.”

“I-That’s not what-,” she hesitated. “A-Alright,” she sighed.

“Will do,” you smiled back. The both of you exchanged phone numbers with one another and you felt like you won the lottery. You were really excited now. **I can spend more time with Daehyun then. He may be taken, but that doesn’t mean that I am going to just let him go**

 

“Welcome to my house,” you said as you opened the door for Daehyun. You had taken Daehyun back to your parent’s mansion in the rural part of Seoul. **Maybe he’ll remember something**

Daehyun looked around and asked, “Why do you live so far away from everyone else?”

“Lots of reasons,” you said. “Besides, I prefer not to live in a crowded city. It’s just too noisy and disturbing.”

“…”

“Uh, well, come on. I need to show you to your room,” you said and closed the door. You ascended the stair case and motioned for Daehyun to follow you.

You stopped in front of a door and was happy there was a spare room, for, it was right next to your room. You opened the door and Daehyun put his suitcase onto the ground.

“I’ll just go and make dinner now,” you said and quietly left the room. When you were out of hearing range, you smiled and silently clapped.

 

You were in the kitchen cooking something when you heard a loud thud. You quickly closed the fire and ran up stairs. You opened the door and found Daehyun cleaning up the clothes he had dropped from his suitcase. You quickly started helping him collect his clothes and put it back into the suitcase. When you handed the last small pile of clothes, he took it and looked away as he busied himself with folding all his clothes. 

"You can go now," he said.

You looked down in disappointment, "Okay, call me if you need anything. Dinner will be ready in 15 minutes," you said and quietly closed the door. You descended down the stairs and gave a big sigh. You headed towards the kitchen and continued to make dinner. When you were finished, you set up the table and put all the food you had made. You smiled in satisfaction at the outcome. **I hope Daehyun likes this**

You quickly headed up stairs and you could hear the TV on. 

*Knock Knock*

The TV suddenly closed and the house was filled with silence. 

"Dinner's ready, you can come down to eat now," you said.

"I'm not hungry," he said. You heard movement in his room and then silence once again. You moved away from the door and sighed softly. **It's going to be harder to break his cold side now. Where is B.A.P when I need them?** you thought sadly. You went back to the kitchen and stared at the food, all the love and hard work you had applied. It was all a waste. You suddenly lost your appetite, but you sat down and ate alone. The only sound that was heard was the occasional clink of the utensil and the plate. You washed the dishes and headed up stairs. You took a long, warm, shower and came out feeling more refreshed. You sat on the edge of your bed and played with the ring on your finger that Daehyun had given you. You have been doing that a lot lately, playing with the ring when you were nervous or thinking. 

**I hope your memories come back Daehyun...and soon. I don't know how long I'll be able to handle this without going crazy**

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

So how was the first chappie? Short right, yeah I know >____<

I can't wait to continue writing this fanfic but can you BABY's comment every once in awhile? It lifts my spirit and encourages me to update ^^
Hit the subscribe button if you are enjoying this fanfic :) Don't worry, I won't be offended if you tell me that I made a mistake here or not, I'll be glad to fix my error

Love you guys, hope we can be the best of friends ^^

-iHartCupcakes :)