Chapter 26

Remembering You

Daehyun had arrived at the front of your house 15 minutes ago...but he was just pacing around at the front door. 

**Should I knock? But they probably won't hear me, besides, there's a doorbell. I should've brought something with me to give to them. Well, too late now...Augh this is so frustrating! Why am I talking to myself?** Daehyun groaned as his hands accidently slammed against the door.

"Coming."

Daehyun panicked and looked around, "Oops," he muttered. He heard the shuffling of footsteps heading towards the door. More noises were made as the locks were being toyed with. Finally, it was unlocked and you opened the door. 

"Who is it?" you asked.

**Should I come out?** Daehyun thought. 

"I guess no one is here," you muttered and was about to close the door when something prevented you from doing so. "W-Who's there?"

"It's just me, Daejoon," Daehyun said in his deep voice.

"Daejoon?" you said as if you were trying to remember. "What are you doing here? How did you get my address?"

"Oh, uh, one of the nurses gave it to me," he said.

"Oh," you said. "Well, uh, come in."

"Thanks," he said and walked into the familiar house. "Shouldn't you be using that stick thingy?"

"Stick thingy? Oh the white cane," you chuckled. "I know this house like the back of my hand. I know where everything is by heart so I don't really need it."

"Han-ah? Who are you talking to? Didn't I tell you not to open the door for anyone until I am next to you?" Alice came down the staircase and was shocked to see Daehyun. "Daehy-I mean Daejoon, it's such a surprise to see you here. What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I just came to visit," he said. 

"Well, I should go and make some snack then," she said and headed towards the kitchen.

"Please, sit," you said and managed to walk to the living room effortlessly. You sat on the sofa as your head wandered around.

"I'm sitting across from you," he said. Your head turned to face him and you smiled. "Thanks."

"So...I came like I promised," he said.

"Yes, yes you did," you said. "I didn't expect to meet you here though."

"Neither did I but, a promise is a promise," he said. 

You gave a soft chuckle and nodded, "Yes, a promise is a promise."

"..." Silence filled the air as the both of you had no idea what to say. Luckily for Daehyun, you weren't able to see him staring at you. Your white, dull eyes wandered around like they used to when you still had your sight. Fortunately, Alice came in just in time and put down a tray with cookies and ice tea. 

Your hands tapped the table and wandered around as it searched for the familiar shape of the glass cup. Daehyun quickly took the glass cup and put it onto your hand. "Here."

"Oh, t-thanks," you said. Your hands quickly returned by your side. You sipped the ice tea slowly put didn't bother putting it down.

"Oh, so, uh, how is your head?" Alice asked, trying to break the awkward silence. 

"What? Oh, i-it's fine," he answered. "Uh, it has gotten much better. But I do miss the company of Han-ah."

"Oh, really?" Alice said with a smile. "Is that so...what are you thinking about Han-ah?"

"..."

"Han-ah?" Alice repeated once more. She gave you a gentle squeeze on the shoulder and startled you. You jumped a bit and dropped the glass of ice tea. 

*Smash*

"Oh dear, Han-ah, are you okay?" Alice asked.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine, sorry" you said. "I was just-just a bit distracted. I'll clean it up." You bent down on your knees as your hands began sweeping the floor for the scattered glass.

"Han-ah!" Daehyun shouted and quickly moved snatched your hand away from the shards, but he wasn't fast enough. Your fingers were pricked by the sharp glass. Blood began seeping out of the cuts as you sat on the ground with Daehyun's protective arms around you. 

"I'll go get the broom," Alice said.

"Han-ah, are you okay?" Daehyun asked. 

"I told you I'm fine," you said and pushed him away. You got up and was about to walk away when Daehyun grabbed your wrist. 

"W-Where are you taking me?" you said as you tried to pry his hands off of you.

"To the bathroom," he said. "We can't just leave the cut opened and unaided. He dragged you to the second floor bathroom. You sat on the toilet seat as you heard Daehyun rummaging through the drawers for the first aid kit.

"It's in the left drawer, the second one down," you murmured with a soft, shaky voice.

Daehyun opened the drawer and took out the bandages. He took your finger and washed away the blood with cold water. He then opened the wrapping of the bandages and carefully wrapped it around your finger.

"You have to be more careful next time," Daehyun said as he threw away the wrapping. 

You said nothing as you sat there with tears, b at the edge of your eye.

"Han-ah...are you okay?" Daehyun asked once more.

"Y-Yeah, I said I was fine didn't I?" you said. You gave a small sniffle and got up. "I want to go to sleep now." You walked out of the bathroom and headed towards your room.

"Sleep well then," Daehyun shouted. You didn't turn around and nod, you ignored him and continued walking.

"I wonder what's keeping her distracted?" Daehyun muttered. He shrugged and headed down stairs. 

Alice had finished cleaning up the glasses and threw them away in the garbage can.

"Oh are you leaving already? Where's Han-ah?" she asked.

"Well, she wanted to take a nap, so I guess I should leave," he said.

Alice nodded in response. "Well, alright then, have a good day Daehyun. Come back to visit again."

"I will," he said with a smile. Alice closed the door and shook her head, "I wonder what's going on."

At the top of the stairs, you turned around to the corner of the room. Tears were b in your eyes. **I was right, that really way Daehyun...** Your hands began fiddling with one another. You slowly got up and walked back into your room. You closed the door and slid onto the ground. Your head leaned against the door as another tear slid down your face. **My chances of getting him back have all gone. I might as well give up on him...** you thought. Your hands naturally gripped around the ring on your neck. **I'm sorry Daehyun, I'm sorry I can't do anything right for you...**

ColorfulCupcakeDivider.gif

Hi BABY's ^^

I kind of feel like I'm making this fanfic a bit...depressing :/

Sorry if it is but....yeah...sorry TT.TT

I'm trying to write this fanfic and make it a bit more jollier but...itjust doesn't seem to be coming to me :/

Sorry TT^TT

<3

-iHartCupcakes :)