Chapter 18

Remembering You

"Daehyun! Oh my gosh! What should I get him?" RaeRin asked.

They had been at the cafe for a short period of time and RaeRin had already bombarded him with questions. "What about a shirt? No, that's too cheap...how about boxers? What am I thinking, that's embarrassing. Oh, I don't know what to get him as a present."

Dehyun just sat there ad quietly sipped his coffee. When she had finally stopped talking, he put the cup down and looked at her.

"I honestly don't think you will need to get him a gift," Daehyun said. "We already prepared him a party and everything. Isn't that enough?"

*Sigh*

"I guess you don't much about love, huh?" RaeRin said and gave Daehyun a weak smile. "When you love someone, nothing seems to ever be good enough. You can buy them the most expensive rings and you will still feel as though it is worthless and cheap." RaeRin sighed and stared out the window. "Love is complicated...but I guess it all works out eventually."

"..."

"I guess I have to put my stalking mode on," RaeRin sighed.

"Stalking mode?" Daehyun said.

"Yeah, I'm going to follow him around and see what I can get him," RaeRin said. She got up off the chair and was about to leave when Daehyn said, "I'll do it."

RaeRin stared at Daehyun with wide eyes. "Really?"

"Yeah," he said as he gave a sigh. "He's going to recognize you very easily. He doesn't know who I am yet so he won't recognize me."

RaeRin hesitated and then nodded. "Alright, fine then," she said. "I'll go and try to find something else for him in the mean time."

Daehyun nodded as he paid for his coffee. They got one another's number and left.

 

He roamed around as he stared at different stores. Suddenly, his phone rang. He took it out from his pockets and checked the caller ID. It was RaeRin.

"Hello?" Daehyun said.

"Hello? Daehyun? Yeah, HyoJin is on his way to the market," she said. "Go and follow him and see what he finds...interesting in particular on his way home. He is wearing dark blue jeans, a back checkered sweater, and a blue baseball cap."

"Alright," Daehyun said and hung up. He started walking and stopped when he saw a passerby with the same physical appearance RaeRin had described. He began to walk slower and tried to look natural. He followed HyoJin into the market and made sure he was always at least 15 feet away from him. Every time HyoJin stopped, so would Daehyun. Daehyun would end up picking up one of the market's product and pretend to be checking it out and then following HyoJin again.

**I can't keep following him** Daehyun thought, **He'll eventually see me and notice I am following him** So he left the market and waited outside on a bench with a news paper. He cautiously looked at the exit of the market. **What is taking him so long?** Daehyun thought. Suddenly, he saw HyoJin step out of the market and started walking towards the quiet side of Seoul. Daehyun folded the news paper and pulled up his hoodie. He covered his face and began to follow HyoJin again. Suddenly, HyoJin stopped and stared at a display in front of the store. Daehyun stood behind in the shadows and watched, not daring to go inside or else his cover would be blown. After 15 minutes, HyoJin came out of the shop and Daehyun watched as he left. Daehyun quickly stared at the display in the shop. The display was of small little puppies.

**Why would he be looking at puppies?** Daehyun thought.

Daehyun quickly went inside the shop and looked around. It was a dog store HyoJin had entered. Daehyun looked at the dogs when suddenly, an employee came up to Daehyun.

"Hello, welcome to Dog's Heaven," she said. "How may I help you?" she asked.

"I would like to ask which dog the guy that came in before had looked at," Daehyun said.

"The one with the baseball hat?" she asked.

"Yes, that's him," said Daehyun.

"Oh, he was looking at that puppy," she said and pointed at one of the smallest puppies in the corner. "Thanks," Daehyun said and headed towards the small area of puppies. He picked up the smallest puppy and stared into it.

"He brought it here not very long ago. He said he was only going to leave it here for a bit. But he would always come back here to feed the puppy and tip us."

**I see...** Daehyun said with a smile. **Don't worry HyoJin, I won't spoil your secret** Daehyun thought, he put the puppy back down and nodded at the employee. He left the store just in time as RaeRin called.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Hello? Daehyun?" she said. "So did you find anything out?"

"No," Daehyun lied. "Nothing at all, he's really good at this naturally strolling kind of thing," Daehyun said.

"Oh," RaeRin said with a bit of disappointment. "Alright, thanks anyway, bye."

"Bye," Daehyun said and hung up.

"If only the relationship between Han-ah and I were that simple..." Daehyun muttered. He shook his head and began walking back to HyoSun's house.

 

"Say ah," you said as you checked inside MiLin's mouth. Today was the day MiLin was going to get her surgery that could either save her or kill her. She had just spent the past 4 hours with her family before you came in and announced the surgery was about to begin.

"Ah!" she said.

"Good, you're pretty healthy," you said.

MiLin gave a weak smile, "But not healthy enough," she said and sighed.

You smiled and gave MiLin a pat on the shoulder. "You'll be as healthy as ever once it's over," you said.

MiLin smiled at you and said, "I hope so."

"You ready?" you said.

She took a deep breath and looked at you straight in the eye. "I'm ready," she said. You nodded as other nurses came into the room and began setting everything up. MiLin took another deep breath and closed her eyes.

"I'll be right back, stay strong MiLin," you said and left the room. You entered into another room and saw Alice waiting for you.

"Are you really sure about this?" she asked with concern in her eyes.

You nodded and hugged her. "Everything's going to be fine," you said. "I'm protected after all," you said and rotated in slow motion.

Alice nodded but still looked concerned. "I promise, everything's going to be okay," you said. You gave her a hug.

"Oh, your zipper is stuck onto my suit," you laughed when you were trying to break the hug.

"Oh Han-ah," she laughed and undid the knot.

You gave her one more reassured look before entering the surgery room. You headed towards MiLin. You grabbed her hand once more and looked at her.

"MiLin, I want you to think of the happiest moments in your life," you said. "And then I want you to start counting backwards starting from ten," you said.

MiLin nodded and winced as she felt a needle pierce through her skin. She breathed in and out and closed her eyes.
"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3...2...1-" she said before falling into a deep sleep.

You smiled and began to operate.

2 hours had passed and you were getting tired. A nurse stood by your side and wiped away the sweat forming at the top of your forehand. You cut the last string and gave a sigh of relief. **Done** you thought.

The other nurses clapped and you smiled behind your protective mask. **You're safe MiLin, safe and healthy**

ColorfulCupcakeDivider.gif

Hi BABY's ^^

So what do you guys think of the fanfic right now? Intense? Aggravating? Sad? Sorry to like...always leave cliffhangers or something but I can't control that >___< It just naturally happen o-o

Anyways, are you guys enjoying the fanfic? I hope you will continue to support my fanfics and I :)

Thanks!~

-iHartCupcakes :)