Chapter 10

Remembering You

 

“Was that really Daehyun?” you muttered to yourself. After you have dusted yourself off the floor, you left with Alice to play another game. This time, your mood had dropped like an anchor. You were pretty sure it was going to take a lot to be lifted back up.

“Huh?” Alice asked. You were unaware that you were speaking your thoughts aloud, so you shook your head.

“No, uh I said was that a cotton candy cart I just saw now?” you chuckled weakly.

“Oh, you’re just so into cotton candy aren’t you?” Alice laughed.

“Y-Yeah, I love cotton candy,” you said and gave a weak chuckle.

“Well, let’s go and buy some then,” she said.

“Uh, no it’s alright,” you said. Your mind had been busy and you weren’t sure your stomach could handle it. “Let’s go and play another game.”

“Alright, so which one?” Alice asked.

 

“Come on, just one picture,” HyeSun whined. “Pretty please.”

“No, I’m really not in the mood,” Daehyun sighed. He had been dragged around playing and winning everything for HyeSun, and he was getting tired. He just wanted to go back to his room and sleep.

HyeSun had wanted to go to the photo booth with Daehyun but he refused. He just didn’t want to, no other reasons.

“Fine,” HyeSun huffed.

 

“Alright, so which one?” Alice asked.

“I don’t know anything I guess,” you chuckled.

“Well we could-oh, isn’t that patient uh…what’s his name? Daehyun?” Alice asked.  

Your head snapped up and you met Daehyun’s eyes. You stared at him for a couple of seconds and were to be broken contact when HyeSun  suddenly hugged Daehyun’s arm.

“Hello Han-ah,” HyeSun said and squeezed Daehyun’s arm tighter. Daehyun winced as he felt her strength increasing.

“O-Oh, hello HyeSun,” you greeted politely.

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

“We’re just here to see the circus,” you said. You took out the flyer and waved it, “Saw this and decided to have some fun.”

**So she is doing better without me…** Daehyun thought sadly.

“Oh, well. Daehyun and I are having so much fun. Look, Daehyun won me all these games and guess what?” she asked.

You didn’t get a chance before she continued, “He is fated to be with me.”

Shock and pain flickered across your face but you corrected your mistake and smiled. “O-Oh, what a surprise? C-C-Congratulations,” you forced yourself to say and forced a smile.  

**No..that’s not what you’re supposed to say. You’re supposed to stop her from saying that…** Daehyun thought.

“Thank you,” HyeSun giggled and hugged Daehyun tighter. Daehyun didn’t say anything as HyeSun continued to get all cozy with him. You looked at Daehyun, hoping for him to at cold and shove her aside. But it never happened, and you knew that very well.

**I guess he’s doing better with HyeSun than I…** you thought sadly.

Suddenly, HyeSun’s phone rang and she picked it up.

“Hello?” she answered. “U-Uh yes, now? But-yes, alright, alright, okay, bye,” she said and hung up. She sighed and gave a small frustrated cry.

She looked at Daehyun and said, “I’m sorry, but I have to go back to the office. Something went wrong and I’m the only one who can fix it at the moment.”

She glanced at you and gave another frustrated sigh. She hated saying this…so much, but she didn’t have much of a choice. “Can you hang out with Daehyun for now? I’ll just be back after a few hours or so.”

Suddenly, Daehyun didn’t feel tired anymore. In fact, he felt happy and all warm inside.

You just nodded, but deep down, you were jumping as well. You were ecstatic about the news. “Sure,” you said calmly. It was really hard to keep a straight face when all you wanted to do was to just jump around screaming happily.

“Thanks,” HyeSun muttered before heading off towards her car. You looked at Daehyun and then looked away, embarrassed.

“So…” Alice said. You had forgotten she was there for a second. “Oh, look at the time. I forgot to buy something for my niece,” she gave a weak chuckle. “I should really go now.”

“But-”

“Bye, have a nice day. Take care of her as well Daehyun,” Alice gave a small wink to you and speed walked away. You couldn’t help but give a small smile. **Thanks Alice**

You looked at Daehyun and said, “Want to get some cotton candy?” and you walked towards the same cotton candy cart you had been going to repeatedly for the past hour. But this time, Daehyun was by your side. You were finally in content once again.

Behind a stall, Alice smiled. **Go for it Han-ah! You deserve it** and went home to get some sleep.