Chapter 35

Remembering You

 

“NO!” Daehyun shouted as he watched the both of you disappear.

*Thud*

His heart raced as he quickly ran towards the edge of the railing. He looked down and winced as he saw HyeSun’s body on the ground. A pool of blood surrounded her as her eyes stared back at the ceiling. However, you were nowhere in sight.

Daehyun sighed in relief when he realized you were safe in Zelo’s arms.

“NO! HYESUN!” Raejoon shouted.

Daehyun descended down the staircase slowly and headed towards HyeSun’s body. He knelt down and gently closed her eyes with a swipe of his hand.

“HyeSun!” Raejoon shouted once more.

“Take him away,” Yongguk sighed. Himchan and Youngjae grabbed Raejoon under the arms and dragged him away as he struggled.

Daehyun stared and finally said, “When did you come back?”

“Not long ago,” Yongguk said.

“…”

“Hyung, can you help me bring the rest of them back into the space ship?” Jongup asked.

“Sure,” Yongguk said.

“You have a lot of explaining to do,” Daehyun said.

“…Yeah, I know,” he said as he headed upstairs.

 

You woke up and groaned as you felt pain everywhere. Your head spun and you felt so tired, but you didn’t want to sleep. You removed the blanket from your body and slowly helped yourself up. You limped outside of the room and began to panic.

**Where am I?** you thought. You followed your guts and headed towards the right. The only sounds heard were the soft clicking of your slippers against the floor. You gasped as you saw weapons displayed all over the windows.

**Wrong side** you thought as you headed back. You limped your way back and continued going left. You immediately stopped when you began to hear voices.

**Isn’t that Yongguk and…Daehyun?** you thought. You stayed against the wall and leaned towards the door, interested to what they were discussing.

 “But weren’t they dead 3,000 years ago?” Daehyun asked.

“Apparently not,” Yongguk said.  “He says he is the last but who is to trust him?”

“…”

“So he came to earth and switched bodies with the actual Raejoon?” Daehyun asked.

“It seems so, but we don’t know what happened to the real Raejoon…he’s somewhere. But as of now, we have wiped everyone’s memory,” Yongguk said. “They won’t remember anything.”

“…What about Han-ah?” Daehyun murmured.

“…We were waiting for you,” Yongguk said. “…I think it’s time to say goodbye.”

You felt your vision get blurry as your eyes began to produce tears. Your heart thudded against your chest, the feeling of insecurity and loneliness surrounded you.

“I can’t leave now,” Daehyun said.

“You already broke the promise we made 5 years ago,” Yongguk said. “I hate to be the one to tell you this, but a promise is a promise.”

“I don’t want to go back,” Daehyun said. “I want to stay here with Han-ah.”

You jumped a bit as you heard a slam.

“You’re going to die if you continue staying on Earth. The frequent headaches, the loss of memory…it explains a lot now doesn’t it?”

“I lost my memory because I was hit on the head,” Daehyun said.

“No, you lost it because you have been living here for too long,” Yongguk said. “Stop being selfish! We don’t belong here.”

Daehyun calmly replied, “Then leave, I’ll stay. No one is forcing you.” He got up from the chair and left the room, stopping mid-way when he looked up.

“Han-ah…” he murmured as you stood there, tears b at the edges of your eyes.