Chapter 4

Remembering You

 

You had gone back out to water the plants in the garden again when Daehyun suddenly came out as well.

“Oh, hey,” you said with a smile.

He just nodded and looked at the row of plants. **Well, at least he acknowledged me**

There as an awkward silence between the both of you. You didn’t know what to say and Daehyun wasn’t going to be saying anything soon. You went the row of ripe strawberries and picked one out. You carefully dusted it and gently washed it with the hose. Daehyun was still standing there staring at the row of plants, but he looked distracted.

You looked down at the strawberry and put it in front of Daehyun’s face.

“Eat one,” you said. He didn’t budge so you did what came to mind, you shoved it into his mouth. Daehyun stared at you with wide eyes at your harsh action.

“Do you like it?” you asked.

Daehyun didn’t say anything as usual, but you managed to catch a small smile appear on his face.

You took another strawberry, washed it, and ate it as well. You smiled, it was really sweet.  **They’re perfect to eat**

You went to the garage to get a basket. When you came back, Daehyun had disappeared again. **Gosh, it’s like he’s a ghost or something. Always disappearing from one place to another** You knelt down by the row of strawberries and began to pick the ripe ones.

 

Daehyun had been curious to what you were always doing outside in the backyard. So he went out to see for himself. He found you watering the plants with a sparkle in your eyes. Suddenly, he felt a sharp pain sear through his head. He had a small flashback and it disappeared as quickly as it came. But he had managed to catch a small part of it. He only remembered a very blurry image of you and someone else in this very garden. He didn’t understand what they meant. **Have I ever met Han-ah before? How would I know this if I’ve never seen her before until she came in from the hospital?**

Suddenly, a strawberry appeared in front of him and he saw that you were motioning for him to eat it.

“Eat one,” you said.

He refused to and was shocked when you harshly shoved it into his mouth. He was about to argue when the rich flavor of strawberry entered his mouth.

**This is actually really good** and managed to crack a small smile.

Suddenly, Han-ah disappeared to go to the garage. Daehyun had found out what he needed to, excluding the strange/mysterious flashback, so he decided to leave.

 

“Hmmm…” you thought as you stared at the pile of strawberries you had picked. You didn’t know what to do with all of them, and you weren’t planning on eating all of them. You saw your blender and an idea popped up in your head. **That’s it, I’ll make a strawberry smoothie** you smiled.

You began to gently wash and rinse some of the strawberries and put them into the blender. You went towards the freezer and took a whole bunch of ice cubes and put it in as well. You quickly went back to the freezer and got out a tub of vanilla ice cream and scooped 2 scoops before dumping them into the blender. You smiled in satisfaction when you poured the smoothie into a cup and watched as it came down all smooth and rich. (A.N. anyone getting hungry or is it just me?>___<)

You went to the cabinet and opened it. You took out a white/pink straw and stuck it into the smoothie. You put it onto a tray and quietly went into Daehyun’s room.

*Knock knock*

“What is it?” he replied.

“I made a strawberry smoothie for you to drink,” you said. “…With the strawberries from the garden.”

The door opened as he stared at the drink with curiosity. You rolled your eyes and gave him the tray.

“Don’t worry, I didn’t drug it or poison it,” you said.

He took the tray and you walked away.

 

Daehyun took the tray inside and closed the door. He set the tray onto the table and stared at it. He had to admit, he was tempted to taste it. And so, that’s exactly what he did. He took the straw and drank a sip of the strawberry smoothie. The sip became a slurp, and then it became a gulp. Soon, it was empty except for the stray left over’s that was stained on the glass.

**That is probably the best drink I’ve ever had…Not that I remember drinking anything better**

He had to admit, your cooking/dessert skills were above average and he really enjoyed tasting your food (A.N. I count drinks/beverages/dessert/snack as a food). But he had trouble expressing his feelings. After all, he was a very confused about everything. His life, his feelings, and more were just all jumbled up in his head. It kept him awake most of the time and probably the reason why he slept during the day and why his head always hurts.   

He stared at the empty glass and muttered, “Thanks.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi BABY’s,

I hate to say this but…I must warn you that I will probably only be able to update at least once a week. Please don’t get upset and think that I won’t update for like a month if I also happen to miss updating that week. School just likes to occupy me physically and mentally. So please excuse me if I don’t update that week and only update once a week. Thanks~

Love you ♥

-iHartCupcakes :)