Chapter 30

Remembering You

 

 

Just two more days until it was your birthday. And one more day until you were finally able to take off your bandages, but of course, Daehyun didn't know that. Daehyun had been practicing at your mansion to master making pancakes and strawberry smoothies. He wanted to make sure they were perfect. He nodded at the flavor when his phone suddenly began to ring. 

 

"Hello?" Daehyun answered.

 

"Hello? Daehyun?" HyeSun's heavy breathing was very distracting, but she defineatly didn't sound alright. "Daehyun, leave now. Go and run far away, now. Don't let them catch you," she said through her heavy raspy breathing.

 

"HyeSun? What are you talking about? Who are them?" Daehyun asked. Suddenly, the phone was cut, "Hello? HyeSun? HyeSun?" Daehyun closed his phone in confusion. "What is she talking about...?" Daehyun quickly grabbed his coat and ran towards the door to put on his shoes.

 

"Oh, Daehyun, are you going out to buy groceries again?" Alice asked. "Let us go together, please," she said urgently.

 

"I can't, sorry, something is wrong with HyeSun. I'm not sure what is wrong though. I have to go and check," he said. "I'll be back as soon as possible." He quickly left the mansion and closed the door. 

 

Alice paled and froze in her spot as she felt something hard and cold against her head. "Too bad he didn't listen."

 

 

Daehyun quickly ran and waved down one of the cabs. He opened the door and got inside.

 

"Please, take me to-"

 

The driver suddenly grabbed Daehyun and smacked a cloth over his mouth. Daehyun tried to fight back, but only managed to get a scratch against the drivers face. His eyes began to close and soon, he was fast asleep. The driver smirked and took out his phone.

 

"Is it done?"

 

"Yes," the driver said. "It is done sir."

 

"Good," he said. "You'll get your pay once you bring him here in one piece."

 

"Yes sir," he said and hung up. He touched the scratch on his face and saw that there was blood. "We got a feisty one here. Boss will surely enjoy this one."

 

 

Daehyun woke up in a drowsy state. He felt exhausted and tired. His throat was dry, and his lips were taped. He squirmed in his seat, he looked down and realized he was completely tied up. He tried to escape, but he was only causing pain and his skin to turn red. He squinted, trying to concentrate on his surroundings. **Where am I?** he thought. 

 

"So you're finally awake," said a familiar voice.

 

Daehyun's eyes wandered around, trying to capture the owner of the familiar voice. Something moved towards his left, Daehyun's eyes followed. Raejoon stepped out of the shadow and grinned. "Hello Daehyun. It's nice to see you again."

 

Daehyun said nothing as he was only able to glare at Raejoon. Raejoon looked at Daehyun and grinned, "Oh, right, you can't speak." He tore of the tape roughly as Daehyun winced in pain.

 

"What did you do to HyeSun?" Daehyun growled.

 

"Nothing, she's fine," Raejoon said. "In fact, she is here with us right now. HyeSun."

 

HyeSun came out of the shadows and headed towards Raejoon's direction.  

 

"HyeSun, what are you doing here? Run!" Daehyun shouted.

 

Raejoon's laughter filled the room. "You still don't get it do you? She," he said pointing towards HyeSun, "Was the one that fooled you into coming here. And you actually fell for it. Thank goodness we didn’t have to go to plan B and go through the trouble of capturing that precious Han-ah of yours."

 

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HAN-AH!" Daehyun shouted. 

 

*SMACK*

 

Daehyun winced as he felt pain on his face. He looked up and saw HyeSun's hand. Her fingers shook a bit. contrast to her pale, emotionless face. Her fingers lingered on the cut that she had created with her ring. Daehyun stared at her eyes, she was completely emotionless. Her eyes, were completely black. She wiped the blood away with her finger and it. She smirked in satisfaction and walked towards Raejoon's direction. 

 

"What did you do to HyeSun! You monster!" Daehyun shouted.

 

Raejoon walked towards Daehyun and leaned down until his eyes were the same level as Daehyun's. "Oh, I'm not a monster. In fact, I'm an alien as well Daehyun, just like you," he smirked. Suddenly, his eyes turned completely black as well and his skin began to turn a bit green and scale-like. 

 

"Who are you?" Daehyun growled.

 

"Don't you know? Wow, you and your people must be so slow," he said and laughed. "Here, let me give you a hint," he said. He headed towards HyeSun's direction and touched the rose on her hair. It instantly turned black and wilted. 

 

Daehyun didn't understand what he meant. Raejoon laughed, "You still don't get it do you? Fine, I'll tell you." He leaned back towards Daehyun's face and said, "I was the one that poisoned the Eu-ak bird."

 

Daehyun spat onto Raejoon's face. "You piece of dirt," Raejoon growled. He slammed his fist against Daehyun's face. Daehyun winced as his tongue touched the sore spot that swelling now due to Raejoon's punch.

 

"You know what? I don't have to waste my energy on you," Raejoon said. "Lights."

 

Daehyun's eye automatically closed as he was blinded by the light. He squinted and began to slowly open his eyes. He stared in horror as he saw bodies hanging by strings on the ceiling. Their body was limp, their mouth taped with duct tape. Suddenly, he realized, these weren't just any bodies...no...they were his friends.