Stop Annoying ME

Midnight Academy

 

(Rinka’s POV)

 

   Chorong picked up the phone, to my surprise and I could feel her smile through her old-fashioned flip phone. “Annyong RInka! How’s school? Is everything going okay? Are there any cute boys?!” She squealed and I rolled my eyes. Sometimes, Chorong could pass for my sister, not for my mom. The last question triggered my though.

Cute boys? I’ve met like, 5. Those three random boys who came in and started gaining all up on me, the pretty boy with the luscious hair Ren, and the one that seemed most important to me so far, JR.

JR. Such an odd name. What could it stand for though? I thought of his personality. Then I figured out what it stood for. It obviously meant, Just Retarded. I smiled to myself and thought of Ren. He seemed really cool. But it would’ve been cooler if he tried talking to me more. Not like I didn’t mind him NOT talking to me that much, I just felt like I didn’t want JR to be the only person who actually felt….welcoming towards me.

“Rinka? Are you there?” Chorong’s voice brought me back to reality and my head shot up, clutching the phone tighter. “I’m sorry. Oh and NO there aren’t any cute guys.” I lied. There was this cute guy I saw in the back, brown, long hair that brushed up against his dark brown eyes.

Okay how the hell did I remember this stuff?

“Bummer.” Chorong sighed. I smiled and remembered what the real reason was that I called her for. “Omma, apparently this school has dorms. I know they didn’t say anything about it on the website and I asked the headmaster about it but he only said it was a secret or something. He already assigned me a dorm with two other girls, am I allowed to stay?” I nervously bit my lip.

I didn’t want to stay. I mean, I barely knew these girls but then again, they could seem cool to hang with. But it’s not like Chorong would let me. I mean after all, I’m her only child and she loves me too much to have me stay awa-

“Of course you can! You can make new friends! Then you can get a boyfriend! Ah! Then you can introduce me to him, and you and your boyfriend could share ice-cream like the couples do in the dramas~!” She fangirled all over the place. My jaw dropped.

Why did she keep fantasying about me having a boyfriend? It wasn’t going to happen. I mean, who was there to pick? JR probably has a girlfriend and if he didn’t, I still wouldn’t go after him. I mean, the way he presents himself infront of everyone is pretty conceited. That may be attractive to other girls, but not so much to me. Then there was Ren. I would go for him, if he didn’t seem so uptight whenever I was around him.

“A-Are you serious? You’re letting me stay?” How? I don’t know. “Yes! Have fun! Make sure you pack everything!” She exclaimed EVERYTHING. Ugh~ Chorong WHY.

“Okay. Uhm, Omma. One of the girls wants her phone back. I have to go. Love you, bye!” I  lied about the Sooyoung wanting her phone back thing. I just didn’t want to hear her squealing anymore. I hung up and handed the phone to Sooyoung.

“So. What’d she say?” Shinyeon asked as Sooyoung smiled shoving her phone in her pocket. I sighed. 
“She said I could stay. I’ll go get my things later.” I said. They smiled big and high-fived eachother. I heard Sooyoung whisper, “Ren will like this.”

 

 

(JR’s POV)

 

  I sat still in the classroom. Class was over at 2 o’clock and so far we had half an hour left. I sighed and put my feet up, crossing my arms. I didn’t bother to look at anyone else and I looked down at my chest, daydreaming. Until that daydream turned into something real.

 

 

 

“So since you’re our dorm-mate now, we have to get to know you.” SooYoung’s smile appeared on her face and sat Rinka down on her bed.
“Do you like anyone so far?” Shinyeon smirked at Rinka and leaned on her elbows, laying down.
Rinka looked nervous and looked like she took a huge gulp. “I-“
“You would look really good with our friend Ren. He’s been talking about you, you know.” Sooyoung giggled and winked.
Rinka’s eyes widened. “R-Really?”

 

I shot my head up and quickly looked around. My vision. Rinka and, and, and, Sooyoung….ShinYeon. My eyes widened. Sooyoung and Shinyeon are YAKSHUS, and they put RINKA in the SAME dorm as them?! AND THEY’RE TRYING TO GET HER WITH REN?!

I stood up and bumped into every single desk, almost making them fall. Some of the girls gasped while Aron was shouting at me.

“JR sit the hell down! Stop leaving!" I rolled my eyes, pissed as , and burst right through the door almost knocking it down. Where the hell was that dorm at?! I groaned loudly and ran up those 50975037068766245642 steps to the headmaster’s.

Passing all the paintings of Kim Ilhoon, the Xiq vampire who sacrificed his life for his daughters. I didn’t know who the daughter was but she must’ve been BEAUTIFUL. I mean, she was a Xiq. I shook my head and flew headmaster’s door open and he was sitting in his seat, smiling with his hands folded as if he were waiting for me to barge in like this the whole time. “Where’s Rinka’s dorm?!” I screamed slamming my hands on his desk.

He smiled and leaned forward. “Is there a problem?”

I clenched my teeth almost breaking them. “HOW COULD YOU LET HER BE IN THE SAME DORM AS YAKSHUS?! WHY COULDN’T YOU PUT HER WITH KRISHNAS?!” I yelled.
He curled his lips. “I didn’t know you cared so much about her. Why does it matter in which kind she gets sent in the same dorm with?” He asked. A smirk spread across his face.

My anger calmed down. She wasn’t a vampire. She didn’t know anything about vampires. I just don’t want her being all BFF like with Yakshus. Even if she doesn’t know who they are. 
“Just tell me her dorm room number.” I whispered with my anger coming back.  “Room 316. Don’t go making loud-"

I didn’t let him finish. When he said the number I was out of there. I sped down those stairs and up into the corridors of the halls and searched for the dormitory buildings. As I passed by, a familiar girl stopped me.
Her eyes were dark brown, she wore fake, nerd like glasses with her hair brown. I squinted my eyes looking at her. She tugged on my sleeve and looked down nervously.

 

(This is the girl) 

tumblr_mgr03oKOpR1rem956o1_400.jpg

 

“J-JR, I…really like you..” She managed to say. That awkward moment when she’s a Yakshu. My eyes widened and looked at her.
“Yeah you know I hate your kind so why even bother to tell me you like me.  I’ll make sure REN knows about this.” I smiled and she quickly panicked.
“Ani! Please! Don’t tell him! I’ll do anything just DON’T tell him!” She cried. I wanted to laugh. She was so pathetic.

“Anything?” I smirked. She gulped and slowly nodded. I couldn’t believe I’ve talked to a Yakshu for longer than 2 seconds without pulling someone’s hair out.
“Trade dorms with Rinka. Tell the headmaster you want to share a dorm with Shinyoo and Sooyeon whatever their names are.”
She tilted her head side-ways. “DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!” I screamed. I don’t even know what she saw in me. She flinched and quickly nodded. She squirmed past me and up the stairs.
I smiled and continued walking. 314, 315, 316! There it was!

I aggressively put my hand on the knob and broke that open. Knocking? Ayn’t nobody got time fo’ dat! I heard gasps and looked around and saw Rinka sitting on the bed with Sooyoo and Yeonshin. I still cant get their names right.

“Yah! What the hell! Get out! I’ll tell Ren you were here and he’ll rip you apart!” Sooyoung yelled and stop up getting dangerously close to me. I gave a small laugh and pushed her away.

“The only thing he can rip apart is his report card.” I looked at RInka and she only stared at me in awe.
I rolled my eyes and grabbed her wrist making her stand up. “How could you stand breathing in this room with these kind of people?!” I yelled. I turned around and spit on their pink fluffy rug and barged out gripping Rinka’s wrist tightly.

She followed me forcefully. “JR! What was that about?!” She screamed. I knew she was confused, too bad I couldn’t explain any REAL reason to her.

“I just..Don’t want you around them okay? Please just listen to me.” I loosened my grip and stopped infront of a picture of Illhoon again. Pictures of him surrounded the school. I looked her in the eyes and her face fell. She looked as if she melted or something.

Dafaq?

She sighed and my grip was loose enough for her to get her wrist out my hand. “JR I barely know you. Can you stop being like this? Go chase those other girls and annoy them, not me.” She said.
I smiled big and tugged on her hair. “I’m only annoying to girls who are special.”  

 

Another dream has ended, but I'll show you a new one, next night.