Chapter 34

Midnight Academy

When she woke up, Rinka wasn't in her bed. In fact, she wasn't even in her dorm room. Her eyes fluttered open, and they scanned her surroundings. Dusty chalkboard, dark windows, teacher's desk, and student desks all around her. She was even laying on a student desk. How the hell did I get here? She thought. She slowly sat up, scratching her head lightly. Her short legs dangled off the desk as she sat herself up straight. She slowly lifted her hand to touch her neck, feeling the rough bandage stuck to her neck, hiding teeth marks. Her head slowly turned to the tinted windows in the back of the classroom. 

There, she saw a beautiful boy. Black jacket, black jeans, long dark hair, pale skin, tall, skinny, mischevious eyes. Those eyes. They told a story. They told a story of a depressed boy that was bullied all throughout his childhood. They told a story of how that same little boy almost took his life. They told a story. How was Rinka knowing about this? Why were such visions and accusations popping up in her brain. She's never heard the story before? How does she know? My imagination. She thought. 

The boy was looking out the window, his side and shoulder leaned against the frame casually, and he didn't even give the slightest turn to look at Rinka. But he didn't need to; he knew she was there already. 

"JR?" She suddenly broke silence, she hadn't realized how hoarse her voice sounded being that she just woke up. She probably looked a mess. The boy didn't move. Not an inch. His chest rose up and down at a steady pace, his breathing was calm. 

Again, she called his name. No reply. She hopped off the desk, and up the small staircase that led up to more desks, which ended up in the back where the windows were. She was now beside him. No reply. She looked out the window, to see what he was staring at. The only thing she saw was quiet raindrops hitting the window, slowly and peacefully. Just because they looked out the same window, though, doesn't mean they saw the same thing. 

Rinka looked back once more at JR. This time, he looked angry. His jaw set, teeth clenched, fists balled, and his voice growled. "I know who did this to you." He spoke. Her eyes drew wide, almost as a small child when told they couldn't have candy before dinner. 

How did he find out? How did he even know what happened? Who told him? Why? Questions bombarded her mind, but her lips were too lazy to move. 

"W-What are you- " She couldn't even finish her sentence when JR suddenly burst. "THIS!" He held his hand by her neck and yanked off the bandage that concealed her marks, leaving Rinka to screech and cringe in pain. She didn't get to respond with words as he continued. "This. This is what I'm talking about. Don't treat me like I'm stupid." He lifted her chin up to inspect the bite marks, and her teeth chattered as her eyes looked down at him, watching him examine every tiny scratch. 

"J-JR listen to m-" Once again, interrupted. 

His heart sank, head pounding, so the Rinka he saw ine the clouds that was telling him all those things. It was true. It was to happen. He didn't know why he was so angry, why he had the urge to kill off anything that would appear in the corner of his eyes. But he did.He grasped her shoulders, and gave her a small shake "No! You listen to me! Ren bit you, and you're still not turned! What the hell are you? Some demon slayer that can't take blood from vampires?! You better give me an answer. Because I'm done with playing guess who with you." He left go, giving her a slight push. 

Rinka's mouth was held agape, her eyes as round as the Earth, and her voice was speechless. She felt as if someone had taken two belts and slapped her in the face on both sides. The virtual sting pained her cheeks, even though nothing was there. What was she supposed to say? 

"I-I'm human...I don't belong here." She admitted quietly. Her hand was clasped against the side of her neck, covering what she was ashamed of. Her gaze met the floor, and slowly at JR's shoes standing infront of her. 

He scoffed, and crossed his arms. "There's no way in hell you're human. If you were, you definitely would've turned. You would've been a Yakshu! You would've hated me! We would've ended up killing eachother over a Xiq in battle!" He slowly lifted her chin with his fingers, pain and sorrow in his eyes was what she saw. His voice was now lowered, it a small whisper, barely even audible. 

"Do you know how much that hurts? To know that someone you've met and someone you've been wanting to protect while they're there infront of you, to just turn into one of your biggest, and only enemies?" 

By now, Rinka's eyes couldn't leave his. She was so deep into them. Almost as if she had been pulled through some kind of portal in his irises. She was listening, but couldn't answer. She was too busy watching the sudden vision that appeared in his pupils. 

Little boy. Dodge balls being thrown. Suicide note. Rope. End. 

She swallowed hard and quickly pulled away from him, looking him up and down incredulously. Now it was JR's turn to look confused. "Rinka.." He began. 

"I saw...I saw a little boy in your eyes. He looked so much like you...He..He was being bullied..and he wrote a note and tried to kill himself! Why am I seeing this, JR? I saw it before when I was looking at you stare out the window." Tears slowly took over her eyes. She couldn't handle all of these new adjustments. Was the transformation finally kicking in? "I-Is there something wrong with me?! I'm going cra-" She got caught off with a tiny sound of crackling, a door opening, and footsteps walking in slowly. 

"Ah, there you both are." Said the headmaster. "It's time. The VCA has come. Rinka, I think you'll find this assembly, very, informative." The headmaster gave her a warm smile and a wink. "Hurry along now. You wanted answers, now you're getting them." 

 

divider_big_transparent1.png

~~~~~

I'll also show you a new dream, next night

 

----------------------------------------

 

HEY GUYS! I told you I would update today (: oh and a small question: 

I accidentally cut off like a REALLY small part of my eyebrow today. Like I said, it's really small. Not half my eyebrow, not the whole thing, a small section. Do you guys know how long it might take to grow back since it's small? LIke days? Weeks? Let me know PLEASE!