Answers

Midnight Academy

The auditorium was awfully crowded, being that the whole school's population was there. Rinka hid nervously behind Headmaster as he led her up the five stepped stairs, and onto the stage. What is going on? She thought nervously. 

Rows and rows of students were sitting on the bleachers that now had surrounded the auditorium. The room buzzed with the sounds of people talking and chairs being moved over to see better. The only thing Rinka could do was gulp and hopefully continue to use Headmaster as a shield. 

Where's JR? She suddenly thought, her eyes roaming the crowd curiously. It took a while for her to spot him, because she had only now figured out that half of the side belonged to Yakshus, and the other to Krishnas. There was no room for Hybreed. Huh, strange. She looked over to the left side, and there he was, in the back, staring directly at her. Those eyes that told a story. Had that really been him? 

She shook her head, fixating her gaze to the right, where the Yakshus had been. She'd then had seen Ren sitting two rows from the front, and ShinYeon sitting next to him. Her blood pumped at the sight of Ren. His blonde hair was messily tied back in a ponytail, and his eyes were a warmer shade of blue. Signaling calm. His face had been turned to ShinYeon's direction, and they'd been chatting as if they were long term friends. He even cracked a smile.

Rinka's face twitched as she saw him. How can he smile so soon after what's happened? She clenched her teeth, angrily looknig away. Hmph. 

Before she had realized it, Headmaster wasn't her shield anymore. Instead, he was on the far right of the stage, holding a microphone in his hands, the loud and annoying beep that those things would always let out whenever someone would pick it up echoed throughout the room. The students quickly covered their ears, and cringed. Some even groaned in unsatisfaction. 

Rinka's face, however, remained as still as stone. Why am I even up here? No one's even noticing me. Am I supposed to be here? 

Suddenly, Headmaster spoke. "Vampires of Midnight Academy," Rinka felt a little amused by the fact he didn't say students, rather vampires, "May I have your attention, please. Our guests of honor, whom we've been  waiting ever so  patiently for, have finally arrived." He stepped back, and three tall, statue-like men marched up the stage in a perfect array, not one flaw or speck on their faces. They'd been wipped clean, and emotionless. 

As the first one stepped foot on the stage, along went the other two. They lined up horizontally across, allowing everyone to see each of them. 
"Please give your full attention to the one and only, VCA." Headmaster finished, and an uproaring sound of applause filtered the auditorium. Even a couple of cheers here and there. Rinka froze. Being that she was on stage with them, she didn't know what to do. She was pretty sure she looked lke a fool. 

Out the corner of her eye, she noticed the last VCA member crack a smile, revealing his perfectly white and sharp fangs to appear from behind his lips. Huh, so I'm finally getting my answers now? This should be awesome! She had so much to ask, so much to learn about. 

Their suits had been a rich black, almost like a raven. The middle VCA member had worn a neat matching bow, while the other two had ties. Each of their hair had been slicked back, as if one of those rich cocky kids you see in the movies. 

Are they supposed to be the head of all Vampires? Like, Xiqs? She wondered, hoping they hadn't noticed her staring. As the auditorium settled down, Headmaster gave Rinka a reassuring smile. Great, that helps. She sighed.

"Thank you for allowing us to visit today," the first member spoke, "such a fine school this is, indeed. Krishnas and Yakshus sharing the same enviornment, even Hybreeds! That's the diversity us VCA's want to see." Rinka looked over at Hongki, Ljoe, and Mir. She cringed. He smiled genuinely, his eyes scanning the room. 

Yeah, except for that  one human girl, Rinka thought. She had the sudden urge to roll her eyes. 

The students only listened carefully, paying full attention. "However," the first member continued, "we may have found a new species that this school has never had before." He turned to Rinka, giving her a playful wink and small smile. 

What? She thought, her eyebrows furrowed. 

With that, the second member held a remote tightly in his hands, pressing a certain button that allowed an enlarged screen on the projector behind him light up. Rinka looked behind her, and saw a picture of her father in the battle with Jackson, and the little girl with several streaks of color coming out of her. Just like the painting she'd seen in the corridors of the school. 

"Does anyone know who this is? If you don't, we might as well kick you out now." Chuckled the third member, and along echoed the students with the same laugh. In unison, they shouted, "KIM ILHOON!" 

Wow, my father really was famous with the vampire community, huh? Rinka thought to herself. She didn't know why, but she felt warm inside to know that everyone knew him for the great man that he was. 

"Ah, yes. Kim Ilhoon," started the second member, "the greatest vampire we'll ever know in history. He's killed so many villian lives in order for us to live ours," he continued on his speech about how wonderful Ilhoon was, but when Rinka's eyes led her to the back of the room, her eyes rounded to see her father standing by the back of the door, smiling brightly at her. His transparent figure was almost glowing, his arms were crossed and he was leaned against the door. 

"Father..." Rinka whispered, just enough quietly so only she herself could her. However, that wasn't the case. The third member, the closest to her, heard exactly what she had had. He looked down, smirking to himself. *Finally, the right one* He thought. 

All Rinka did was focus her attention to the back of the room, where her father had been. *He came..Like he promised.* 

The first member finally stopped, and asked the most important question anyone in the whole school would've wanted to know the answer to, which was: 

"But does anyone know who this girl, this girl right here," he pointed to the young girl in the corner of the picture, her eyes full of sorrow and fear, "does anyone know who this is?" 

Every single person in the room had shooken their heads, eager to know. Including Ren and JR. Rinka's father only watched the members of the VCA pointing to her. 

Rinka's head shook as well, examing the girl carefully. *Wait a second...is that...is that?* 

"Well, we're almost 100% positive that little girl is who is on the stage with us right now." The third member walked over to Rinka wrapped his arm around her shoulders. Loud gasps that belonged to everyone in the audience filled the air, including Rinka's. was held agape, and she could hear the whispers of other students all around her. Her eyes were widened, and she felt as if someone punched her in the stomach. 

"Ah, yes. I understand this could be shocking. It is for all of us. You all thought she was just a human girl in your vampire school, correct? However, you have no idea how powerful she is. More powerful than all of us combined." More gasps, some girls even put their fingers to their mouth, in shock. 

"And if you look closely in the painting, you'll notice colorful streaks coming out her body, leading to Ilhoon's palm. Now, something you may not know about me, is that I was close friends with Ilhoon when we were teenagers, just like you guys." 

Rinka quickly looked back at her father again, his face hadn't changed. He was still smiling, encouraging her to keep listening. 

"He had told me, if he ever had a son or daughter, he wouldn't want them to live a life of grief of feeling different because of the vampire powers they possess. He said when they hit the right age, age nine or ten, that he'd have their powers taken away. Those powers indicate the colored streaks coming out this little girl's body." 

Rinka felt as if she was going to collapse. *Father...did you really...* 

The third member, who had let go of Rinka, continued on to the point, "That little girl was nine at the time. She ran to the scene of her father's battle. She thought for a couple seconds that she could've saved him. She thought so hard. Ilhoon, however, wanted to wait until she hit ten to get her powers rid of. When the battle began with Jackson and him, he didn't have a choice but to pull all her powers away from her the last couple seconds before he had been struck by Jackson," students leaned in closer, eager to hear the rest: 

"When Ilhoon died, all his daughter's powers were in the palm of his hand. All but one. He couldn't get the last one out of her. That last power was her ability to get visions, or flashbacks of events she wasn't familiar with. He'd only that power up halfway, that's why her visions hadn't been all that great. They didn't give her the amount of answers she wanted." The third member cocked his head towards Rinka, and smiled. 

"Isn't that right, Rinka?" 

Her eyes rounded, and her heart was beating out of her chest. *How...how does he know?* "Y-Yes." She answered wearily. 

"Ah, exactly. Yes." He said, looking at the second member to continue. "Rinka, you can see your father, can't you? He's come back to see you. I know that, because he's told me." Again, gasps fill up the room. 

JR and Ren studied her hard. Ren even chewed on his lip nervously. 

"Yes...As a matter of fact. He's down there." Her arm slowly raised, pointing to the very back of the room, and every head turned as well, scanning. 
"I DON"T SEE ANYTHING!" ShinYeon shouted. Rinka could've known her voice from miles away. Her face had drained color from surprise and shock. No one really could see him besides her. 

"Of course you can't. You're only a Yakshu. We're not allowed to see the ghosts of Xiqs. Krishnas, either. Only Xiqs can." He turned to Rinka and grinned. "This special girl, however, is Ilhoon's daughter. Kim Rinka." 

Her lips curved up in a smile, finally hearing those words out loud. Everyone's lips parted, some even let out an exaggerated cry. "NO WAY!" "YOU CAN"T BE SERIOUS!" "DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!" 

*What does it mean?* Rinka's head rushed with so many thoughts and concerns. Will I be in danger? What's gonna happen? 

*Thank you,* Ilhoon thought, *all three of you. For finally telling my daughter what I'd been trying to all these years.*

The third member held the microphone, and raised Rinka's arm above her head proudly, giving the biggest smile ever. "Everyone rise. For the first Xiq to step foot in Midnight Academy!" 

 

-----------------------------------------

 

FINALLY! THE ANSWERS ARE OUT! haha. I knew you guys have been waiting for this, so there you go(: for all you silent readers out there, please speak up. I wanna know what you think of this chapter <3