Unbreakable, yet breakable

Midnight Academy

Damn. Ren thought, I had to transfer myself back to the classroom while JR got the time to make himself disappear. Or invisible. Whichever one he did. I dont know, but I do know that he knows more than me consdering he had the privilegde of staying. And he had better used that priviledge wisely. 

Ren crossed his arms, staring at Rinka who took her seat as she walked in fromt the headmaster's office. I wonder what they were taking about while I was gone. Ren thought tilting his head. Some various scenarios like, 

Headmaster: Rinka, you are only able to attend this school unless you date Ren.
Rinka: Yes, Headmaster Kwang. 

AND THEN BAM! REN AND RINKA COUPLE! But unfortunately, Ren knew that I wasn't even NEAR to that point. But then what would Headmaster mention to Rinka that would have to be so...Hidden? 

"So class, your homework will be page 344 in the book, numbers 13 through 20, due tomorrow." Sungsaenim Shin smiled as the class simply wrote down their assignment in their notebooks. Everyone, but JR. He was too busy worrying about other things. 

JR bite his lip, looking forward only at Rinka. And he was noticing in the corner of his eye, Mrs. Shin was staring at something, her face was studious, and she was looking at the same thing JR was as well. Why? JR didn't know. But Mrs. Shin and the headmaster knew very well why. 

As JR was staring at Rinka, it was as though he saw a shadowy figure cross infront of her. The figure of a man, well built, and something about the figure made JR feel...uncomfortable. It reminded him of Kim Ilhoon. JR jumped back a little as he felt a cool breeze hit across his cheek. No, it wasn't the wind. 

It was of that figure. 

That treacherous figure that had scared JR. The first thing that had every made JR scared. Why did it make JR scared? Was it because it was a ghost figure? No. Was it because it had popped up out of no where? No. Was it because it was dark and had an impact of a breeze hitting his cheek? No. 

All wrong. Every one of those "theories" was wrong.

JR was scared, because while it appeared infront of Rinka, it had an eerie, spooky, and cold voice speak to her. But it didn't seem like she noticed. The words that the figure spewed to Rinka, were, "Ren will be your fate, Rinka."

***

Everyone was supposedly at "lunch" but Rinka. She stayed behind in the classroom, not even bothered to gather her supplies. Mrs. Shin stayed as well, going through some papers. Rinka was the first to speak. 

"Mrs. Shin?" Rinka asked trying to get her attention. Mrs. Shin slowly looked up from her work smiling, laying her pen on the worksheets, and folded her hands together. Just like Headmaster did when Rinka had walked in to his office to talk to him. 

"Yes, Rinka?" Her voice was so soothing, Rinka thought with a small smile that had spread across her face. No wonder JR had almost fallen asleep to her voice. 

"Do you by any chance know what the VCA is?" Rinka was too bothered by that acronym. VCA? Variations Counting Academy? What? No, that didn't make sense. 

"Why yes, actually. How would you know what that is?" Her expression seemed worried; her voice still calm. Come on lady just tell me what it means! Rinka thought getting unpatient. "Headmaster told me about it. Could you tell me what it stands for?" Rinka asked as calmy as she could. 

Mrs. Shin's eyes widened and she stood up. "HE MENTIONED THE VCA INFRONT OF YOU?! BUT YOU'RE A-" Mrs. Shin's calm, soft voice easily turned into a devilish, decieving, and scary voice all at once, causing Rinka to jump. However, her devilish, decieving, and scary voice got interrupted. 

By who? 

Ren. 

"RINKA COME ON I DON'T WANNA EAT WITHOUT YOU!" Ren smiled, knowing exactly was Mrs. Shin was going to say, and came just in time to stop her from exposing themselves to Rinka. Just like he did last time. He had burst throught the door and grabbed Rinka's wrist, pulling her up. 

"What are you doing here alone silly? You should be with me." Ren smiled cutely making Rinka having no choice but to giggle. Ren was just so loveable, adorable, and an angel to Rinka. 

Too bad he doesn't like me in that way. Rinka thought pouting as Ren continued to drag her to the cafeteria. 

The vampires at Midnight Academy do not eat lunch at all. They substitue blood from animals as their foods. Expect Hybreeds. They sit in the lunch room, waiting for a human to magically appear. Just as Ren was about to open the door for him and Rinka to walk into the cafeteria, a familiar blonde boy that had had some interaction with Rinka before, had appeared throught the door, looking thirsty. 

 

~ANNOYING COMMERCIAL BREAK THAT HAPPENS AT EVERY GOOD PART~

 

Rinka smiled at the blonde boy. "Hey! I met you before! You're Hongki, right?" Ren growled at the Blondie and pulled Rinka behind him as Hongki smirked. 

"It's intriguing to me how you remembered my name." He crossed his arms, smiling at the beautiful red haired girl, behind the bleached blonde boy who was supposedly protecting her. 
"Ren, why are you doing this?" Rinka whispered to him confused to what Ren had did, which was hide her behind him. 

Ren only growled, paying attention to Hongki. "Your lunch isn't here. Go get a life." 

Hongki only laughed at his pathertic statement. "Why get a life," Hongki started, getting closer to Rinka, "When I can just take one?" Ren felt his fangs growing out, even if they werent appearing yet. 

"DONT YOU DARE GET THAT NEAR TO HER!" Ren started at him, but didn't get to finish. Only because someone else got in the way. Ren only watched him, as Rinka shrieked. 

He dodged towards Hongki, grabbing his neck, and slammed him against the pure, and clean glass, that wasn't so pure and clean after it had been broken and smeared with blood. "JR NO!" Rinka screamed, pushing Ren out of her way and grabbed JR's wrist pulling him near her, and looked at Hongki. 

"I'll go get help!" Rinka exclaimed. Just as she was about to turn, JR had grasped her. "Rinka no. Let him be in pain." JR only stared in amusement at what he had done to the blonde boy. "No one deserves to be in pain like that JR! You did that for NO reason!" Rinka exchanged looks from the blonde boy, to the scary, mature brunette who had done that to the blonde boy, and the pretty boy, who she had started to gain feelings for. 

"But he does." Ren stepped closer to them and rested his hand on Rinka's shoulder, giving her the chills. "Rinka, if you only knew what he was REALLY going to do." Ren  continued. 

"What was he going to do then?!" She yelled back and Hongki was already unconscious by now. 
"I'm sorry. I'm afraid I can't tell you that." Ren told her, he stared at her with compassion, but sorrow. Which wasn't enough for Rinka. 

"Why do you guys keep hiding things from me?! I'm not about to let someone just lay here covered in blood and DIE because of YOU!" She turned to JR as she said that, whipping Ren's hand off her shoulder. 

"Rinka I was only protecting you." JR's jaw was set, but he didn't want to yell at someone as fragile as her. 

But JR's sharp, yet fragile, Unbreakable, yet breakable, Soft, but merciless, heart shattered to pieces, as Rinka spilt out the dirtiest words. Which were, "I don't want to be protected by a monster." 

 

~~~

Another dream has ended, but I'll show you a new one, next night.