New teacher

Midnight Academy

 

(Rinka's POV)
 
I quickly took aback as I heard a voice say that. Who has visited me? Was it just my imagination again? Or it was probably just the other students playing a trick on the new girl. I kept contemplating scenarios in my head of the students laughing at me because I actually fell for their little joke. But then again, what if there were no students invovled into this? What if I've just gone crazy?
 
I shook my head again and headed over to my dorm. I didn't walk in yet because I heard voices inside complaining. Those voices belonged to ShinYeon and SooYoung. "Boyo?" I whispered in confusion. I lifted my hand up silently, resting my palm on the door knob, and leaned in closer leaning my ear on the door so I could hear what they were going off about better. 
 
"She can't trade dorms with Rinka! I mean, yeah she's a Yakshu but I want Rinka to stay!" 
It was ShinYeon's voice this time. Who's trading dorms with me? No one informed me about this. I analyzed her statement again. 
 
She mentioned a Yakshu. It sounds familiar considering I think I've heard of it before. But what was it? Yakshu. I don't think I've seen it in the dictionary...
Even if I was trading dorms with someone, I wouldn't mind really. I mean, I was more comforatable with SooYoung and ShinYeon but I would like to open up more and talk to new people. Being the new girl really does especially when your first day went like mine did. 
 
The complaining and ranting continued
"I know right?!" I heard SooYoung's abnoxious gum chewing and I cringed at the sound of it. It erked me so bad. "UGH, now Rinka's probably going to get moved to a dorm with Krishnas!" 
 
Another interesting vocabulary word. First I learned Hybreed, which I still have no idea what that is, then I learned Yakshu, still in the process of stimulating what it really means, and now, Krishna. Can I use Google or? 
"Girl talk." I said to myself rolling my eyes. My grip tightened onto the door knob and I twisted it carefully, slowly opening it just a crack, it was amazing how there was no physicall sound whatsoever. They heard the door creak, and they just stopped talking. In fact, the only thing I heard was my breathing. 
It was silent; dead silent. 
 
I took a step on their sparkly pink rug, closing the door. I spotted them both on their beds, laying on their stomach and flipping through some magazines. Nice save, I thought.
"Annyonghasseyo!," I bowed and as I arose, I continued, "Did you guys have fun at training?" I took a step off of their rug and strode over to a glittery bean bag that I didn't even know existed, and plopped onto it. Squishing it with my body. 
 
"Meh~ it was alright." SooYoung said, not raising her head up, still looking through her magazine and I watched her as she flipped the page. 
"Well, what'd you guys do at training?" I was curious to know. I mean, what was the training even for? 
"Only for people who speak Japanese"
I almost chuckled at JR's lie when I asked him why I couldn't go to training with them. Then I remembered something. 
 
While I was walking down the stairs with Ren at my side, us linking arms, I felt some sort of emptyness even though I thought everything was okay. Then I couldn't figure out who was the one to show me those 500000000 stairs first. It was JR! How stupid was I? But I still couldn't figure out why I felt emptyness. 
"Ren is your fate, remember that Rinka." 
 
I shuddered a bit. Why was that voice returning to me all of a sudden?! What was it?! I know by know it wasn't my imagination! And the voice sounded TOO familiar, but my stupid little brain couldn't think of who it was!
I didn't want the other two girls to ask me if I was okay. I wouldn't want to tell ANOTHER lie today. I felt like I was living a lie. Which is the worst feeling ever. 
 
"Oh we just you know...practice our martial arts." ShinYeon smiled cutely as she set her magazine down, a layed her pillow under her chin. I had remembered what Headmaster Kwang told me about the training as well. 
He said something about that he would test students? But I still didn't understand why I didn't get tested. I mean, I am a student, I attend this school, I have the right to be tested. 
 
"Oh." Was all I really felt like saying. I didn't feel like talking really. I just wanted to go to class. 
But that was a long way ahead of me. 
 
(Ren's POV)
The bell solemnly chimed as everyone proceeded to get to class. It was 12:00 sharp now, and we had a new teacher. Our other one, the one that would only read magainzes, he moved to classroom 7-4. So he'll be teaching them from now on. Ha, good luck room 7-4. 
 
But I really did wonder who our knew teacher would be. I guess I'd have to find out. 
I sighed as I walked into the classroom and so far there were only 6 other students there. Four  of them were Yakshus, and the other two were Krishnas. Well doesn't that show how more prepared the Krishnas were than the Yakshus? 
 
I looked around and it really was in fact, that there were only 7 of us in the classroom. I looked at Minhyun, who was sitting in the far back with his feet on top of the desk. 
"Where's the new teacher?" I asked walking up the aisle way to him and he shrugged. 
"Don't new teachers usually walk in after the bell rings?" He rested his hands behind his head, leaning back on his seat. He looked like he was in heaven. 
A few moments later, the whole class had approached and they settled into their seats. I smiled as I gazed at Rinka who was sitting in the front with ShinYeon and SooYoung. I arranged Rinka's dorm mates with Headmaster very well. 
 
I looked to my left, noticing that JR was staring at the same thing I was just a few seconds ago. I looked back at Rinka, then at him, then Rinka, then him, then I smirked. He was never going to get her. Rinka showed the most obvious thing while I was with her earlier, and JR hasn't made that much contact with her. 
 
The chain of my thoughts broke as the door opened, and everyone turned to glance at the new teacher. She walked in, and she looked about in her mid 20s. Very young, and she was pretty. She had long black hair that cascaded all the way down to her upperback. Her eyeliner wasn't smudged and she had a baby face actually. 
She set her books on the teacher's desk smiling. She probably new she got everyone's attention. I couldn't quite scent which vampire she was. But I knew she was one. She definately wasn't a Xiq though. Xiqs are very noticeable, when they want it to be. 
 
"Annyonghasseyo, Sungsaenim Shin imnida~. I'll be your new teacher for the rest of the year. I hope I'm not too harsh or anything." She smiled and in unison, everyone replied, "Deh!" 
 
Her voice was actually quite soothing. By soothing I meant I could easily fall asleep to it. I will like this class actually. 
As I studied her, she was only really looking at Rinka. But she was smiling at her. It wasn't a mean or crude look. It was more of a, "Hello, you seem interesting so I'll just stare at you." Look. 
 
She suddenly blinked and stopped her gazing, returning her eyes to the board, grabbing a piece of white chalk. "Let's begin with our own kind, deh?" Everyone nodded, too tired to say "deh" and she wrote on the board. 
"Alright, so we'll first talk about the history of our kind. Which is vam-" She got cut off by a rather arrogant and ignorant voice. 
 
"I'd rather us start off with something like, math." JR was trying to hide the vampire population that this school had since Rinka was in this classroom. I could've done it better. But it doesn't matter because Rinka will be mine, not his. 
"Why is that?" She asked crossing her arms and furrowing her eyebrows. He tapped his pencil on the desk and shrugged. "I don't know." He lied. 
 
Such a stupid way to prevent Rinka from hearing the word, vampire. 
"Well, we'll do math later. Right now, we'll focus on Xi-" "No you really don't understand. Maybe we should start with something like physics. Please?" I was the one to interrupt her this time. Yup, I felt like a hero. 
I also gave her one of my famous cute faces that I used to get whatever I wanted. Which worked. "Oh~ Okay! Physics it is!" 
 
The class groaned but I felt JR set a smiled on his face. Before I knew it, it was on mine too. But not because I stalled the teacher from mentioning vampires, but because Rinka would be mine. 
 
 
Another dream has ended, but I'll show you a new one, next night.