White Room

Midnight Academy

 

 

It was only 2:30 in the morning when JR sat under the bridge by himself like he always did. It was very dark and the only thing he could see clearly without his powers was nothing. But since he had his powers, he noticed everything clearly. But he had the option not to.

He never though he would’ve come to that bridge ever since Rinka attended the school. But unfortunately, it happened.

The only reason why he didn’t sit under the bridge since she came was because there was no reason to. He would only come there when he was upset, or just needed to think.

Well tonight, he was upset. “Those words.” He whispered to himself.
I don’t want to be protected by a monster.”

They kept spewing at him with such hate and disgust. He knew he was a monster. A horrible one that would take innocent people’s blood as his food, and have powers that he would use as sins. He hated it; he hated himself.

He hasn’t seen Rinka since the incident infront of the cafeteria. “I don’t even know where she is now.” He murmured throwing a leaf infront of him which didn’t go very far. It landed close to the end of his foot, tickling the leather of his combat boots.

He sighed and lifted his right knee up, bringing it to his chest, resting his right arm on his knee. He looked up and saw a full moon, it was bright and breath taking.  Just like Rinka’s smile. He thought,  and began to only gaze at it in awe.

“Rinka, are you okay?” He asked the moon. The moon had no response. “I’m sorry for what I did to Hongki.” He felt disgusted with himself for actually saying the Blonde Boy’s name. But it was for Rinka. He had now come to realize that if it was for Rinka, he would do anything.

“Why do I feel so weird when I’m around you? I feel like whenever you’re with him, I’m missing something. Is it you?” He spoke to the moon again, his eyes glistening, and it was moments later when he noticed he was tearing up.

“JR pull yourself together.” He said looking down. He chuckled at his childish behavior. “You were talking to a moon. Get a life.” He told himself.

He felt a cool breeze hit the side of his neck, causing him to look back up at the moon again. This time, it wasn’t a moon. It was Rinka. She was up in the dark sky, substituting the clouds. She looked down at him and smiled. Her simple smile, made JR smile bigger.

“Rinka.” He said with his voice adding a bit delight. She kept smiling at him, and then her figure told him, “I am afraid I can’t look at you the same anymore.”

JR furrowed his eyebrows at her response. What did she mean by that? To his surprise, she was still smiling.
“W-What are you talking about?” He lifted his other knee up, and rested his elbows on them confused.

“Soon, I will learn to despise, and want to destroy, your very existence.” Her voice had a thrill to it that seemed scary. JR’s eyes widened and he stood up immediately. “Rinka what do you mean? What are you talking about?!”

He couldn’t believe this. This couldn’t have been Rinka. It just wasn’t the same. There was something different about the Rinka who was substituting the clouds.

Her chilled voice suddenly answered, “Only 24 hours left.”

 

***

 

As Ren was satisfied with himself for drinking Rinka’s blood, and he slowly pulled away, looking her in the eyes. Rinka stared at him; traumatized. Her eyes were focusing on Ren, but her mind was somewhere else. 

Ren, who had Rinka’s blood dripping down the corner of his lip, he breathed heavily after he had swallowed that amount of blood. She tastes, sweet. He thought to himself. He was worried that Rinka had stopped breathing because she stood completely frozen.

“R-Rinka?” Ren called for her, her blood off the corner of her lip, getting one last taste of her. He was more than happy to know that in 24 hours, Rinka would become his kind. She would plan attacks, despise, and look down on JR. Which was Ren’s wish all along.

He could see it now. Rinka’s transformation would just safe her from maybe becoming a Krishna. And once Rinka becomes a Yakshu, Ren could finally be with her. It was game over for JR.

But to Rinka, this couldn’t be. How could sweet, delicate, fragile Ren really turn out to be a cold hearted, blood , no good creature? Was it just his mask disguising him? Keeping her from knowing the truth?

Was this secret the one that everyone had been hiding from her?

Rinka still wasn’t responding to Ren. She was still in a trance.
“V-Vampire.” She said bluntly, not blinking at all. She suddenly began blinking and she rolled her eyes back, closing them, and began falling backward.

“Rinka!” Ren screamed her name again, but it was too late. Everything went black for Rinka.

 

 

Rinka’s eyes fluttered open, and she suddenly looked around. She could only see the color white surrounding her. She was in a room that was all white. White walls, white desks, white chairs, it looked like it had been a room that belonged to an Angel. But she knew it wasn’t.

She also saw Headmaster, Mrs. Shin, Ren, and a nurse that she had never seen before admiring her, studying her statistically. Rinka furrowed her eyebrows. Where am I? She thought to herself.

“Those holes are pretty deep, Ren.” The nurse lifted her hands up to Rinka’s neck, slowly running her two fingers over the area that Ren bit. The holes from Ren’s fangs, were in deed, very deep. They were near her collar bone as well.

Rinka flinched a bit. She also realized that she didn’t wake up in a bed, no. She woke up against the wall. Her arms above her head, and chains grasping her ankles and wrists, making her body look like a star up against a pure white wall. But that wall would simply turn to a lust red virtually, because of Rinka’s blood.

“I know. I’m awfully sorry about that.” Ren replied, standing next to the Headmaster who didn’t have a look of worry at all.

“W-What’s going on?” Rinka finally spoke and the nurse smiled. “I’m afraid Ren bit you a bit too deep. Which won’t affect you! But you’ll need to stay in here till tomorrow.”

Rinka looked at Ren and remembered his true self. A vampire. And so was everyone else that was in this school. The headmaster was a vampire, that nurse was as well, Mrs. Shin, and last but no least, the one who Rinka seemed to care for the most but didn’t realize it, JR.

JR was a vampire. She couldn’t contain her feelings for that at all. How could they all be such insolent beings?

Rinka didn’t get a chance to ask anything, she was interrupted by Ren.
“Why is she chained up like that? Will she be okay?”  He asked.

His blonde hair almost matched the color of the room as well. The room was so white Rinka couldn’t tell where the door was. But Ren’s questions were really good.

Why WAS she chained up like that? Will she really be okay?  “Because, once a human is being turned into a vampire, the impact of all the pressure from the transformation begins to kick in make them go wild and they begin to act like a beast in the duration of the process. We have her chained up so she won’t do anything rash.” The nurse studied the chains, making sure it would do well on Rinka.

“She will be fine moments after the transformation.”

Everyone in the room nodded, but Headmaster seemed as though this was perfectly normal. What was going on with him? Did this happen to a student before?

“We should leave.” The nurse rushed everyone else out, and opened the door. Rinka then figured out where the door was, all the way next to the corner of the room. They all walked out with Ren taking a second glance at Rinka.

Damn, she better be okay. He thought.

The nurse closed the door, and Rinka heard a lock after the door being closed. Am I really going to be a vampire? She thought. Am I really going to turn into those beings who only drink blood to survive?

She gave a hard tug forward with her wrist, thinking that it would break her free. But it completely failed, making her look weak and pathetic. She kept tugging and groaning from the pain that the chains have been giving her from all the pulling.

They kept making banging noises against the wall, loud sounds that she was sure only she could hear. Not anyone from outside of the room. “DAMN IT!” She screamed and gave up trying.

She let her hands loose and stopped kicking her way out, looking down. She began to tear up, the tears stung her eyes.

“How can this be?” She asked herself with her voice cracking.

Suddenly, she stopped moving. She stopped to complain. She stopped breathing for a moment. She slowly looked up, and searched around the room, until she spotted what she was looking for.

In the corner of the pure, white room, there was a man standing there, smiling at her. The man was ghost like, his figure was see through but Rinka could still see him there. He had short black hair that looked a bit spiky, dark almond shaped eyes and curled into an eyesmile. His smile looked as big as it could go, showing the small dimples on his tan cheeks. He was a tall man; a strong man. And Rinka had seemed to know him well.

“Father.” She whispered.

 

 

***

Another dream has ended, but I'll show you a new one, next night.