22 Hours

Midnight Academy

 

JR finally decided that he spent enough time under the bridge for the night and dragged himself forcefully to the gates of the school. They were so scary to look at when the darkness was surrounding him, but there was nothing to be scared of. It was only gates.

He wrapped his fingers around the cold, rusty bars, peering through the diameter of them. There was nothing to see but the enormous academy that was infront of him. It was surrounded by fog and mist, like there was every night. He didn’t feel like going back inside.

He didn’t want Rinka to be calling him more names.

If only she knew what he really was, would she call him even worse things?
Disgusting?
No good?
Blood nobody?
Worthless?
Was he really all of those things? Or did he just feel those about himself because she was something wiser.

An actual human, who wasn’t capable of doing the things vampires could. Who was she to call him a monster? Who was she to judge him before she even knew a single speck of his existence?

JR scoffed at his thinking and leaned his knee up against the gates, then looked down at his feet.
I wonder where she is now. He thought. She was probably in class with Ren by now. Mrs. Shin was probably teaching them the fundamentals of honors geometery or some bull.

JR’s hair was in his eyes and he lifted his head up, flipping his hair out of his way. Suddenly, as he looked up, he remembered the image of Rinka he saw in the clouds.
Why was she telling him such things?

Soon, I will learn to despise, and want to destroy, your very existence.”

Chills cascaded down his back as her words drifted through his mind. He shifted away from the gates, a bit freak out. Why was she saying that? Was she even saying that? Was it even her in the first place?

24 hours.”

What would be in 24 hours? He looked around but all he could see now were leaves that formed a tornado structure from the wind. An eerie whistle shifted through his ears as the cold, solemn wind blew his hair out of his face once more.

What was going on?

He didn’t know how to react, opening the gates, passing through the fog making him look as though he was a ghost coming back to haunt Ren for everything that he has done, and reaching the very entrance of the school.

Midnight Academy

It read in big, bold letters. He remembered the first time he attended the school. His mother had to come with him to make sure there weren’t any Yakshus who would attack him.

Oh mother, he thought, you didn’t have to do such things.

He slowly swung the door open making a creaking sound as he stepped in. He let go of the door and it slammed behind him, echoing down the halls. No one was there. Meaning they were still having class. Great. Class at four in the morning sounds fun.

JR didn’t want to go back to class, however, so he only walked around, admiring the pictures of Kim Ilhoon. “You’re such a powerful man.” He spoke to the picture of Ilhoon using his powers against another being as he passed by.

“Your daughter must still be alive though. She must be as beautiful as ever.” JR was speaking to himself now. He wondered if she really even was alive, if she was anywhere near him. Probably not.  What kind of Xiq would want to come to a school filled with only Krishnas and Yakshus?

He was well aware of the fact that if he were to date a Xiq, his powers would increase by a million times. But he didn’t care if his powers would expand, he was already strong enough. He didn’t want to seem as though he was only dating a Xiq for the powers.

JR believed in actually liking someone, not just using them for his own benefit. Ren would be the one who would be with anyone for increasing his powers; he’s weak. He needs the adavantage.

Even if Ren’s powers increase, he still wouldn’t be able to beat me. JR thought smiling to himself.

He heard the teachers’ voices in each room as he passed by. Some classrooms were learning about the history of vampires, while others were just learning math.
How organized. He rolled his eyes and stopped infront of a strange door.

It would seem just like any ordinary door to someone else who was passing by, but to JR, he knew there was something wrong. To someone else who was passing by, wouldn’t be able to hear anything that was being said inside the room that was being blocked by that door, but to JR, he could hear.

And what he heard, was Rinka’s voice.

 

***

“What does my name even mean?” She asked her father who had seemed to blend in with the white walls. She never understood why everyone else had names that she could actually comprehend the meaning to, but she didn’t even understand the true meaning of her name.

“You’ll learn on your own soon, Rinka.” Her father smiled to her.  Rinka looked at the clock that had been infront of her, hanging on the pure white walls. 22 hours left.

“Will you stay with me while my time is up as a human?” She asked again. Rinka hoped her father would stay with her so she wouldn’t have to transform and suffer through the transformation alone. She was wondering if any changes were supposed to kick in yet.

“Of course.” Ilhoon leaned against the wall, looking as though he was about to blend into the wall, and find an escape from the strange room that he and his daughter were in. But he wouldn’t leave his daughter behind like he did the first time.

Rinka’s arms were getting tired from being chained against the wall. The metal was hurting her wrists and it felt like it would cut out her circulation. “Is it fun to be a vampire?” She was in the state of asking as many questions as she could before she would change. Before she would change into such a monster.

“There are pros and cons, Rinka. The pros would be that well, we get more power,” her father chuckled and continued, “but the cons are that no human would want to come near us if they ever found out what we truly were.”

Rinka suddenly thought to herself after hearing her father’s words. She thought of JR instantly. If she knew what he was, would she still be around him?  If she knew what he was, would she have called him a monster? If she knew what he was, would she still have those weird feelings about him?

But  now she did know what he was, and all of those questions, were left unanswered.
What about Ren? She thought. Ren made her really happy and he was pretty funny at times. It was just hard to believe that he would turn her into his being. Was that what everyone wanted? For her to become what they all are?

“Oh,” Rinka decided to switch the subject. “Will you still be visiting me after I change?” She smiled at her father, hoping for him to answer positively.
“I’ll visit you from time to time, but I’ll definitely work on trying to scare all your classmates, and the headmaster too.” They both laughed and it felt nice to the both of them that they were laughing with eachother, rather than having Rinka grief over her father.

It didn’t bother her that her father’s ghost was right there infront f her, it was what she had wished for all along.

“Since you know Headmaster, do you know JR and Ren as well?” She asked as they both stopped laughing. She wanted to know if he had seen them around or if he had seen them around her. Ilhoon was a protective father, which was why she asked the question.

“Yes, I’ve seen them with you a couple of times. They’re both trouble makers, but they seem to be respective towards their elders, so I respect them back.” Ilhoon had seen them before Rinka even attended the school. He had watched Ren and JR because he knew Rinka would be attending that school very soon.

Each time her father had seemed to inspect them, they would fight. He would laugh to himself because two seventeen year old boys fist fighting with their powers was funny. And it reminded Ilhoon of when he was their age, he’d go around picking fights all the time.

But he felt JR resembled him most of all. Ilhoon had those charismatic eyes and the same dark, long hair that fell over his eyes. It drove all the girls crazy. Especially Rinka’s mother.

“Father, do you know who did this to me?” Rinka flung her wrist forward hoping that the chains would break but she was wrong again. She was trying to ask him if he knew who bit her, but it’d be weird to ask that word by word.

Ilhoon sighed, but smiled. “Yes I do know, Rinka. It was Ren.”

***

JR’s eyes widened as he heard a masculine voice say that to Rinka. He had been listening to their conversation this whole time, no one had caught him, but mostly because he turned himself invisible. He tried to make himself slid through the door but for some reason it didn’t work.

Where ever else JR tried slipping through doors while he was invisible worked, so why wouldn’t it now?
He was still surprised by their conversation.

Rinka’s words were getting more suspicious by the moment.

Will you stay with me while my time is up as a human?”
Is it fun being a vampire?”
Will you be visiting me after I change?”
Do you know who bit me?”

JR’s eyes stung and his fists clenched, along with his teeth and jaw. Someone bit her? Who was it?! The only clear voice he could hear and make out the words to was Rinka’s! JR didn’t understand what the other man was telling him. He was speaking in another language.

He must be a vampire, because the language sounded familiar. But the only type of Vampire that speaks another language that no other vampire can understand are Xiqs. So then how did Rinka understand him this whole time?

JR shook his head not caring about that. He tugged on the door hard enough for it to get knocked down, but it wouldn’t even budge. He mentally screamed in his head and pulled on his hair.

He didn’t want her to turn into a vampire! Even after he told everyone to never touch her, they betrayed him. She was put in that room so she could transform without causing any harm to anyone. She’s chained up now and just the thought of it made JR’s heart suddenly hurt.

I don’t want her to become the disgusting being that she probably hates. JR thought. His eyes suddenly began to get teary.
JR what the hell are you doing?! You’ve never teared up in your life! Let alone do it for some strange, random girl!

But deep inside, Rinka wasn’t just a strange, random girl to JR. She was more than that; JR didn’t want to admit it.
He felt his fangs form and claw down through his real teeth; his eyes turning a hateful, despising red. He wanted to fight. No, he wanted to attack, kill, slaughter.
“Rinka, who bit you?” He growled. 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Another dream has ended, but I'll show you a new one, next night.

HEY!
So I updated ((finally~)

YAY I finished MAP testing!
Also..
My birthday was on the 9th and now I'm 13!! :D
I don't feel like a teenager though XD

ANOTHER THING!!!!!!
I decided that I'll be updating 2-3 times a week. 
The days will be: 

Monday
Wednesday
and MAYBE
Friday

I'm also setting goals for this story XD
By 20 chapters I really want this story to reach:

3 Upvotes
50 subscribers
2250 Views

Sorry if it's a lot to ask OTL 
But that's just what I'm hoping for. 

I hope you liked this chapter and I'll see you on Monday~!