Burning

Midnight Academy

Listen to the theme song, A Vampire's Lullaby while reading please!! 

 

***

No! Please! Don’t do this to her! It’s my fault!” He cried as he watched Rinka carelessly getting dragged against the cold, damp, hard concrete by an arrogant,  impatient man. It seemed as though everything that he saw, was blurry and unclear to him, just like everything that was going on right now.

He only concentrated on Rinka’s painful face, a face that told him that he would regret everything that he did and how selfish he was. A face that could make anyone so depressed that they wouldn’t be able to live with themselves any longer. was wide open, as if she was screaming, but no volume escaped from her lips. He could only hear himself.

He wanted her to call out his name, to give her help, to do anything to change the pained look on her face. But each time his shaky hand out reach out to her, the impatient man would only drag her further away. “PLEASE!” He screeched as the tears dwelled up in his eyes, hating himself for everything that he has done. Why was he so selfish?!

With no reply, the man continued dragging her painfully. Rinka’s lips were still created with the “O” shape, her tears pouring down like Niagara Falls. His heart fell to his ankles, drenching every hatred feeling for himself, expanding every love feeling for Rinka.

The soles of her feet we scraped against the concrete, her legs bleeding from all of the dragging that the man has done to her. He couldn’t do anything but only watch. He was paralyzed; tortured to see the one that he loved being punished like this for something he had done.

He tried to run to her, to grab her away from that man, to turn into a superhero and somehow fly her out of this hell that was still all his fault. But he couldn’t. His brain told him to do it, his body told him otherwise. So many tears have stained his cheeks that his skin began to burn; burn as though there was a fire and he couldn’t get out.

He closed his eyes, hoping when he opened them, everything would be okay. But once he closed his eyes, the noise stopped. The dramatic music stopped, his tears stopped, there was no sign of Rinka and that man being infront of him anymore. But what he did feel, was hotness. The heat was grazing his skin as though they were blades cutting off his skin, burning his insides. He groaned and opened his eyes, only to see himself surrounded by fire.

Fire was the walls, fire was the ground, fire was the ceiling, fire was hell. He was burning in hell right now, his body dropped to the ground, every part of his body slowly dissolved into ash, except his eyes. He couldn’t scream, he had no mouth, he also couldn’t escape, he had no legs. His eyes burned more than any part of his whole body.

The only thing he could see was fire.

Slowly, his body retrieved him, making it look like nothing happened to him in the first place, then the flames trickled over his body again, burning every inch of it, except his eyes. That routine repeated itself over and over again.

Suddenly, a strange low voice had called his name, it gave him chills.
“Do you want to know why your eyes aren’t burning?” The voice asked. He did nothing. He couldn’t do anything. His eyes didn’t even allow him to blink. His body kept returning, the flames kept burning.

Everything but his eyes.

The voice answered him, even though it knew he couldn’t do anything. “Because, if you didn’t have eyes, you wouldn’t be able to see this.” His eyes naturally flickered to a hologram of Rinka. But it wasn’t just Rinka. There was someone else in the picture with her. That guy who he hated with every drop of blood in his body.

They were smiling, laughing, enjoying each others’ company, it sickened him. His eyes turned red, lust, wanting to fight, but it was useless. His body kept burning, he couldn’t do anything about it. Even though his ears were burning, dissolving into ashes, he could still here their voices.

“I love you.” Rinka smiled to him, giving him a soft peck of on the lips. His eyes were filled with hatred, betrayal, disgust, but he remembered that she had felt the same about him for what he had done.
“I love you too.” The one who he hated the most, more than anything and anyone in the world, replied to her, smiling the biggest smile he has ever seen on anyone.

They continued flirting, not noticing his appearance watching them through a hologram in hell. The voice simply returned in amusement watching his reaction to the hologram.
“Such a cute couple, aren’t they?” The voice gave a low chuckle, filled with disgust of him.

His body burned over and over again, his eyes still remained watching the hologram. Why did he do that to her? Why was he so selfish? He loved her!
The voice continued speaking, as he shamelessly listened.
“This will be your life forever.”

“RINKA!” Ren screeched throwing himself up off his pillow, sitting up. He was sweating more than ever, his face was red, his eyes were a matching shade of the blood in his veins. He took deep breathes, calming himself down. Minhyun woke up from the loudness of Ren’s scream, and sat up as well, rubbing his head.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” He asked Ren in his raspy tired voice. Ren shook his head, shuffling the cover off of his legs, getting of his bed. He was still sweating, his body temperature was too hot so he took of his shirt, throwing it off somewhere, not caring where it would land.

“Bad dream.” Ren paced back and forth through the dorm room. Minhyun rolled his eyes and plopped on his back, turning to his side and comfortably closing his eyes falling asleep again.
Ren was feeling the opposite way right now. His dream felt so real. The man who was dragging Rinka away from him looked so real, the way he screamed her name felt real, the way he was burning made him actually sweat in real life.

His deep breathes slowly stopped, and he sat down, opening the window to cool him off. Ren tied up his hair, letting the breeze of the wind linger on the back of his neck, making his body temperature cool down. As Ren sat on the window sill, he solemnly looked out the window. It was too dark outside, through he could still see some stars scattered in the sky like a game of chess.

But what had he done that made him say he was selfish? If anything, Ren would be the last one to be selfish to someone like Rinka. She was too precious to him, somehow. He wasn't planning on tell her though.

“Why did I have that dream?” He whispered bringing his knees up to his sweaty chest. “What did I even do to her? I didn’t do anything.” He heard a simple hoot from an owl, and looked up a tree, seeing the owl right there, rotating his head. "That owl's life is so simple." Ren sighed getting off topic.

Since he was a Yakshu, he didn’t get the best visions. Only Krishnas got those, but Yakshus appeared to only see small signs or dreams of something that may or may not happen at all. 

Ren’s eyes widened, clenching his fists. “I didn’t do anything to her..yet. What am I going to end up doing? Will I really burn in hell for it?” His worried voice seemed to echo through the darkness of the outside, but he didn’t care.

“Rinka, what am I going to do to you that will end up hurting you so badly?” 

***

Another dream has ended, but I'll show you a new one, next night.

 

Hey guys! OMG I'm SOO sorry for not updating on Monday I just had so much homework and my head was hurting. I'm also sorry for this short chapter but my head still hurts and yeah..

Anyways I still hope you liked it and it you did:
Comment
Subscribe
Upvote
Share

See you guys later~!