I Think I Like You

Midnight Academy

 

"Why don't you want to be a vampire?" That question lingered through her mind and she cringed at the word, 'vampire'.
"Because, I hate them." Her cold voice descended into the silence.

____________________________________________________________

 

Ilhoon’s eyes widened, not believing what his daughter had just confessed. She didn’t really feel that way did she? He himself was a vampire, meaning that she hated him as well. What was her purpose for hating them? She had never told him that before.

“R-Rinka…Why do you hate them?” He decided to ask, ignoring her tantrum with the chains that happened earlier. He knew nothing was going to happen. But he wondered why it did happen. It wasn’t even supposed to.
Rinka cocked her head toward her father, giving him an incredulous look.

“Why would I not hate them? They kill innocent people. Jackson took you from me, they only live to kill. A vampire did this to me as well.” She clenched her teeth, letting out all of her hatred for Ren which in reality wasn’t even there, spill out. How could he do this to her? Her thoughts told her to hate Ren, and she obeyed, but she knew that she was only bluffing.

She could never hate Ren.

“Rinka, you have to realize that not all vampires are the same. Some are kind, some are evil. Isn’t that what I told you when you were smaller?” Her father tried comforting her and talking her out of her assumptions. He would always tell her that before bed. He would sit in her room, and tell her vampire tales, and end the endings with that sentence, reminding her that there were such things as kind vampires.

“I don’t care. They all live for the same purpose.” She responded. She jerked her wrists forward and screamed. “I DON’T WANT TO BE A VAMPIRE!” Tears suddenly poured down her cheeks, not knowing the reason for their falling. There was no reason for her to be crying. She just wanted all her emotions to peer out, to let her father know how she was feeling.

Ilhoon’s heart broke watching his daughter. Did she really not want to be a vampire? She was born with a human mother holding her in her hands, smiling at her like it was the best thing that had ever happened to her. And then there was her father.

The Xiq who had held her after her mother, he looked at Rinka with an eye smile, and she smiled back at him. She smiled at him because she sensed vampire. She wasn’t afraid of him, she knew he was a vampire since birth.

She enjoyed watching her father use his powers on simple things. Like teleportation, invisibility, speed, mind reading, and she watched her mother. Only a human mother. She couldn’t do anything special. But Rinka didn’t mind.

He wished that Rinka’s memories for her mother would just come back already. Her mother had been a beauty as well as JR’s. She had light brown hair, that fell to her shoulders and her hair curled at the tips, giving her natural blonde highlights.

Rinka had her mother’s smile. Bright and enlightening. Her mother had long eyelashes as well, it would look like she was wearing mascara when she really wasn’t.

They both had the same laughs as well. It sounded like melody, it was a beautiful laugh. He was happy that Rinka inherited that from her. Ilhoon remembered her mother holding Rinka one time, talking to her  about her future.

“One day, you will fall in love with two boys, Rinka. But be careful with who you choose, because one will end up hurting you in the end.”

Ilhoon was worried with that statement that she would tell her. He didn’t want his daughter to be hurt because of a young stupid boy that he once was. It would break her, tear her apart.

Ilhoon had a feeling that he would meet those two boys, and he did. They both seemed to treat her well, so he didn’t suspect anything to happen. He didn’t suspect anything now either. Though, as the memories of her mother traveled through his head, he cringed at the horrible thing that happened to her.

He shook his head and focused on RInka again.

Why did it bother Rinka now, and not when she was a baby? It’s because Jackson wasn’t there to ruin everything. He only wanted more power, which the only way to get it was to slay the very Kim Ilhoon. He had been the most powerful of all Xiqs, and everyone respected him.

Until Jackson wanted to take that role for himself.

Ilhoon wasn’t in good shape when they fought. He was sick, he had back problems, and for some reason, none of his powers were working. It felt like they all abandoned him when he needed them most. What made it worse, Rinka, nine years old, had been watching from the side lines.

Her father didn’t want her growing up to have powers, to make everyone think she was so different and that she couldn’t fit in with everyone, he didn’t want her to get bullied like the little boy he had saved.

While he was dissolving after Jackson had slayed him, he reached his arm out towards her, grabbing everything he could that was left remained inside her. She was watching him with tears streaming down her cheeks, but he was smiling at her, reassuring her that everything would be alright.

Ilhoon remembered that memory like the back of his hand. He saved his daughter from being different, other than her hair color, no one bullied her. That’s all he wanted. For his daughter to live a normal life. But he never wanted her to despise vampires. He never would expect that.

“Rinka, please calm down. Does that mean you hate me?” Her father finally asked her. Rinka’s eyes widened and she stopped messing around with the chains choking her wrists. No, she could never hate her father. He was the best person in the world after her mother who she never knew.

Why would he ask something like that? She hated vampires for what they did, but she couldn’t hate her father. No matter how much she wanted to, IF she ever even wanted to which would never happen.

“No! I love you! You’re my father! Why would you ask me that?!” Her tears came to a halt, her voice serious yet incredulous, looking in her father’s dark eyes, wanting an answer.

“Rinka, please don’t hate vampires. You don’t know anything yet. Trust me, when the time comes, you’ll know.” He simply responded. Rinka’s eyes squinted in disbelief. Not only was this school keeping secrets from her, but her own father was as well!
“I want to know now.” She gritted her teeth, balling her hands into fists, which only made the chains hurt and graze her skin even more.

“I’m sorry. I can’t tell you.” Ilhoon apologized, he was hurting that he couldn’t tell her. He wanted to wait for the VCA to come and they, along with him, would expose everything to her, and only her. The rest of the school could learn later about her past.

Rinka groaned and jerked forward again, making clashing sounds hitting against the thick walls and the chains hitting against themselves as well.

She’s talking to her father. JR thought furrowing his eyebrows. Was she on the phone with him? Yes, JR had still been there, listening to RInka’s voice and the man that seemed to be in there as well, but he couldn’t understand him. He seemed to be speaking a complete different language in different dialect.

He reached his hand out for the door knob, but couldn’t see his hand since he made himself invisible. He finally felt his palm grasp the cold, bronze door knob, he jerked, tugged, yanked, everything he could. But it wouldn’t open! The door knob didn’t even budge! And it didn’t make any noise either!

What the hell was this place? Why was she in there? How was she understanding the language that her father was speaking to her in?

He suddenly heard footsteps near him, approaching closer and closer. Then he heard voices from nearby. It sounded like the nurse.

“No Ren. You’re not allowed to approach that room. I’m sorry, it’s just the way it is.” She told Ren.

Wait, Ren’s here? JR furrowed his eyebrows, drawing his attention to their conversation and not Rinka’s.
“Listen I know. But I just need to know if she’s okay.” Ren pleaded the nurse. JR saw how Ren put his hands together, begging once they were JR’s sight. His blonde hair was down, and looked fluffy as it fell just above his shoulders. He blew his bangs out of his face.

“No. You’ll just have to wait until the 24 hours are up,” The nurse took a second to check her watch, and smiled continuing, “she only has 18 more hours left, so just get some rest.”

JR noticed Ren smiling big and he bowed. “Alright! Just let me know when you’re going to unlock the door, I want to be the first one to see her.” He responded. JR furrowed his eyebrows, scowling looking back at the door, then at Ren and the nurse.

“Of course.” The nurse smiled. Ren and the nurse went separate ways, Ren going to his dorm, the nurse going back to her office. JR stayed where he was, knowing that he wasn’t able to be seen.
Eighteen hours? For what? Was she spending the night there?

Then he thought of the night when he was sitting under the bridge, looking up at the dark solemn sky. He saw Rinka up in the clouds, not knowing if it was her or his imagination. 
"24 hours." Her voice still shook in his head.

JR sighed letting his imagination defeat him. It’s nothing. He thought walking himself back to his dorm. When he reached his room, he turned himself visible, and layed in his bed, looking up at the ceiling, putting his hands behind his head. He was in deep thought. And suddenly, rain began to pour, which made his thoughts grow deeper.

It was dark and the only thing he could see was Rinka’s face in pitch black, hearing violent rain drops knock on his window abruptly. He smiled at the virtual Rinka, who seemed to be smiling back at him as well.

Even though it wasn’t really Rinka, he decided to confess something that he would’ve never thought he would’ve confessed before. He never saw the feelings coming, they just hit him.

“Rinka,” he thought, “I think I like you.” He closed his eyes, smiling to his confession that she would never know about.

I think I like you too, JR. Rinka thought smiling as she read his mind. 

***

Another dream has ended, but I'll show you a new one, next night.

Hey guys! Sorry I didn't update on Friday! My math teacher gave us homework and I swear no one knew who to do it so I spent most of my time trying to figure out the dang thing! 

Anyways..It's Monday so it's an update~

There's another thing that I wanted to say..

I really wanted like...a theme song for this story AND for the sequel that I'll be writing and I found the //perfect// one!
It's called, Vampire's Lullaby and yes, it will be the background music for some chapters later in the story. 

And here's the little clip thing so you can just listen to it right now!^^ (Just don't listen to it while reading this chapter because I'll be using this song for another chappie)

 

A Vampire's Lullaby

 

 

Isn't it so beautiful? //Sniff sniff//

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS BEING THE THEME SONG FOR MIDNIGHT ACADEMY IN THE COMMENTS!