Introduction to Ren's past

Midnight Academy

 

“Ren!”
“You’re so perfect oppa!”
“Your hair is GORGEOUS!”
“Will you be my boyfriend, please?”

 

Those were the common, everyday remarks the fifteen year old Ren would receive when he walked down the halls of the school. He was the most popular, scored the highest marks on the tests, he was the most handsome, and was the best at sports. Yes, he was a kingka.

Which for some reason made the girls swoon over him even more. Whenever Ren walked down the halls, it would feel like in one of those drama movies where the blonde girl would walk down the halls in slow motion with her hair blowing away from her face. Yes, Ren was that blonde “girl”.

He did have many girlfriends. He had at least three girlfriends for every letter of the alphabet. He was a player as well. While he was with MinYun, there would be SooRin and EunHee on the side. Also many more.

Most of the guys begged for him to be on their martial arts team, so that everytime the team was at a tournament, Ren would be there to save the team. But Ren never agreed to that. He was too cool.

His whole grade noticed the fact of his eyes changing color, and they thought it was the most amazing thing in history. Mostly because Ren told them it was contacts, and everyone wanted to get some as well, but they were too expensive.

“Ren, when are you ever going to learn to treat a girl like she’s supposed to be treated?” His mother taunted him as she was waiting at his door frame in his room. He didn’t look up from his phone, he was texting SooRin at the time, and they were…well….texting inappropriate things.

“I will when I actually meet someone I like.” He responded still not looking up from his phone. His mother rolled her eyes and sighed. “Ren, you need to be more careful around girls. They’re gentle and fragile. Like a piece of glass. If you drop it, it’ll break. Just like their hearts.” His mother lectured him about how girls were amazing and how he needed to be their prince when they were the princess.

“Uhm yeah sure.” Ren replied sarcastically, his eyes glued to his screen. His mother sighed once more and shut his door, he could hear her faint footsteps walk further and further away from his room. Since he was a Yakshu, he heard his mother’s whispered words from down the hall as well.

“When will that special girl approach him?” She asked herself.

Ren furrowed his eyebrows, but shook his head.
“I thought she’d never leave.” Ren rolled his eyes, telling SooRin that he was going to sleep.
But that was a lie. He went through his contacts and began texting EunHee all night.

 

Ren was writing his notes in class, not really paying attention, just copying the words from the board into his notebook. He felt all the girls that were in the classroom just sit there, gawking at him, wishing they were his girlfriend. But they knew he already had one. Well, more like three.

If you were Ren’s girlfriend, all you would basically do was have , and t. That’s about it. But the rest of the girls didn’t know that. But the six girls that were dating him, didn’t seem to mind. They only wanted Ren for themselves, which they weren’t getting.

As the bell rang, Ren was the first to leave the classroom, his eyes turned to a purple color now. They were light, like lavender; an efficient color. The color that everyone loved on him and would compliment and worship him even more than they already did.
 Then EunHee approached him down the halls, smiling big. He smiled back, but a fake smile.

He never really fell in love, and he didn’t want to.

“Ren Oppa! You got new contacts again?” EunHee chirped as she stood in front of him. She loved when Ren’s eyes would change. It felt like she was dating someone who was…almost like a vampire. It was y to her, even though she knew they were fake. Well, that was what she was told.

She was too cheerful for Ren, but he decided to stay with her just in case SooRin or MinYun weren’t in the mood to do thing s his way. EunHee always did what Ren wanted. Even the dirty things. She just wanted to keep him.

But it wasn’t for long.

A couple of months passed, and EunHee was sitting next to Ren at the lunch table. She was all close to him, using skinship and flirtatious gestures that every girl would love to do to Ren. But only she could have permission to do that. Along with Minyun and SooRin of course, but she didn’t know that.

Ren, on the other hand, yawned, extremely bored. EunHee would have to constantly as questions to get the conversation going. It was sort of ticking her off; Ren didn’t seem to care.

By now, there was no conversation whatsoever. He was really bored with his relationship with her, and wanted to do something about it. He wasn’t the type to just hold onto something when he wasn’t interested anymore.

He was like a baby who would play with a toy car for ten seconds, then quickly switch to play with a teddy bear for the next.

“EunHee,” He suddenly said breaking the awkward silence that remained in the air after EunHee’s last question, Ren simply got up, getting out of her embrace, “It’s not working out.” He said with no emotion and satisfaction, walking away.

He left the poor girl with a jaw dropped, eyes widened, and tears beginning to form.

How could he be so cruel? He was Ren. He didn’t care.

 

“Ren, we need to talk.” His father said in a firm voice one morning. Ren groaned and dragged himself over to the breakfast table, sitting down. “Yes?” He asked not seeming interested at all.
His mother rested her hand on his father’s shoulder, as if comforting him for something.

“Your mother and I decided that it was too much to have you at a regular public school with humans. We found out about this school, Midnight Academy. Only vampires attend. Do you think you would like it there?”His father folded his hand on the table, staring into Ren’s eyes that were now gray, meaning confused.

“How did you find a school like that?” He asked shifting from his position. His mother smiled looking at Ren’s father as he continued talking. “We went there when we were younger. It was only up until now that we decided you would do well in that school as well.”

Ren shrugged, taking a bite out of a toast that was left on a random plate next to an orange juice.
“Sure. I don’t really care.” He retorted, throwing the half eaten toast on the plate, walking back up to his room.

Hmmm, a school full of vampires? With girls? Hot vampire girls? That’d be heaven. Ren smiled mischievously  putting his hands behind his head, looking up into the ceiling.

He imagined all the powers he could use on them. Could he be able to increase powers by any chance? Would there be Xiqs? Just the thought of it made him want to enter the school right now.

He would have so many girlfriends again, but this time, he would have something in common with them. For fun, they could do something . Like draw eachother’s blood while making out of something. Man, this is going to be the best thing ever. He thought closing his eyes.

He knew he was still going to be the most popular. No one was going to hate him, right? Right.

His eyes snapped open when he heard a small, unfamiliar, eerie, and cold voice approach him. It belonged to a man, he knew that for sure.
“Be careful at Midnight Academy.” It told him. 

 

***

Another dream has ended, but I'll show you a new one, next night.

Hey guys! It's Wednesday so it's an update! YAY! 
And sorry if it's short OTL. I have a math test tomorrow and I really need to hit the books, but I felt bad if I didn't update so I just wrote this one last night, and completed it today. 

Subscribe
Upvote
Comment
Share