Diary

Midnight Academy

 

Rinka’s hands quickly took action, grasping the door knob firmly and swinging the door open. That scream was so terrifying it could’ve made her go deaf.
“WHAT’S GOING ON-?” She stopped in her own mid-sentence to see that there was nothing there. She was inside the room now and the only thing that stood ahead of her was an open window with long dark red curtains swaying to the wind that blew.

What? She thought to herself. I swear I heard glass breaking and screaming! I swear! She bit her lip confused, once again, and shook her head. “I’m just imagining things like I always do.” She whispered.

“What was all of that commotion?” A small but perky voice asked from the corner of the halls. “Huh?” Rinka turned her head and saw a short girl, (ok, she wasn’t short short but she was shorter than Rinka) with big brown eyes and strawberry blonde hair holding a chocolate bar and staring at her in confusion.

Seeming like she didn’t care, the strawberry blonde haired girl’s lips curled up as she noticed Rinka was there. “Oh hi! You must be that new girl, Rinka! I’m Jo YunJae. Nice to meet you~!” She chirped and took a small bite out of her chocolate bar.

“H-Hi,” Rinka looked around for a bit and scratched the back of her head, “Isn’t there supposed to be someone else here?” She asked. HyoRin told her that she didn’t get along with her roommates, hence the “s” which is obviously plural, meaning that there should be more than one.

I didn’t get along with my roommates.”

Rinka couldn’t understand how HyoRin couldn’t get along with someone like strawberry girl, oops, YunJae. She seemed very outgoing and friendly. But then again, she could just be one of those girls that act all nice to you and then all of a sudden stab your back.

“Yeah, the other girl’s name is MinEun. But we all call her Minee for short. She’s with JR though. Every once in a while they help eachother train and practice their fighting skills.” Yunjae finished her chocolate and tossed the wrapper into a purple bin next to her bed.

“She’s with…JR?” She asked, not knowing why all of a sudden and of jealousy struck her. Envy stung inside her body like a swarm of bees. So what if she was with JR? They were helping eachother train, it’s not like it’s anything big. Rinka convinced herself that it was nothing but practicing and helping.

YunJae nodded and walked her short legs over to the window and closed it, sealing it shut.
“It’s chilly tonight. By the way, HyoRin brought your stuff over on that bed.” She pointed to a twin bed that was next to the bathroom door and Rinka’s head turned to her finger’s direction.

It was actually a cute little bed and when Rinka had to go to the restroom at midnight, she didn’t have to run down the halls so she wouldn’t wet herself. (AyYYYYy) She smiled at Strawberry Girl and plopped on her bed.

YunJae was doing her own thing on her bed, reading a book, writing in a pink fluffy notebook with a matching pen, listening to music with her headphones on, and all Rinka did was stare into space, just thinking.

I wonder if cows have crushes on eachother.
Do fish go to school too though?
Why do people have to breathe in air, why can’t they breathe under water too?
Why do people say right is better than left?
Why is the sky even blue like why can’t it be aqua?
Why is EXO having a comeback?
What is the meaning of life?

She sighed to herself, provoking her thoughts and decided that she was just going to write as well. She hunched over on the side of the bed, digging through her bag to find a piece of paper that she could doodle on. Instead of finding a piece of paper, she found an odd diary sort of thing that had small rhinestones scattered all over on the cover and on the back. There were patterns of zebra  covering the diary which made it look actually pretty cute.

“When did I get this?” Rinka asked herself drawing the notebook closer to her. She slowly went through the pages which were all empty and they had a picture of a butterfly in the bottom right hand corner.
This is so girly, what even? Rinka studied the book again, and went through the pages once more.

A small note fell out of one of the pages and landed by her foot. She looked at YunJae who was not even paying attention since she was listening to music and sighed reaching down to grab the note.

She unfolded it seven times before she could actually read what the letter was saying:

Rinka, I bought this for you for your 10th birthday. You were nine when I bought it and I was looking forward to giving it to you when your birthday came. However, I died before I got the chance to give it to you. I know you’re seventeen years old now and this diary seems really girly and you probably won’t like it, but I really want you to keep it for the sake of me. Also, you will need it later, trust me.

-Your Father, Kim Ilhoon

Rinka’s eyes widened and she quickly looked up at Yunjae, making sure she wasn’t paying attention to her, and quickly crumbled up the note so it could be impossible for anyone to unfold it.

My father got me this. Rinka’s eyes flicked to the diary, and she was beginning to tear up. I’ll definitely keep and use this, no matter how girly it may seem, but it came from my dad, so why should I care what it looks like? She thought smiling as she reached for a pen to start writing in.

She leaned her back against the headboard of the bed and opened the diary to the first page. In the margin, she wrote, “Dear Diary,” and paused.

What was she supposed to write? She’s never written a diary before, so she didn’t even know what to say. That wasn’t what stopped her though, because she felt like her pencil was controlling her now. It was writing whatever it wanted to write, and Rinka had no control over it.

Dear Diary,

                I suddenly feel like I’m getting mixed emotions about JR and Ren. Why do I still let Ren be around me after what he’s done? Because he’s something special. Why do I allow myself to talk to JR after what I said to him? Because I can’t keep away.

                Why do I even have these feelings when I don’t even know them that well? Do they even feel the same? I’ll just save a section in this book for writing down all the things that I wish I told Ren and JR that I never had the guts to say to their faces. Would that help? Yes it would.

 

Without hesitation, Rinka flipped the pages of the diary all the way to the back and on the very top she wrote:

THINGS TO SAY TO REN

And on the other page, she wrote:

THINGS TO SAY TO JR

She tapped her pen on her forehead, trying to think of something to say, when the pen took dominance again. It remembered her jealousy towards that girl who was training with JR. Under the, THINGS TO SAY TO JR, the pen slowly wrote, “JR, don’t hang out with other girls but me….please? 

***

Another dream has ended, but I'll show you a new one, next night.