Training

Midnight Academy

 

(JR’s POV)

I growled at the fact that the Yakshus went to training before we got the chance to leave. Training started at 1:00 in the afternoon and they probably left at like…..11:00 or something. I looked at Baekho and noticed Aron walking by with his hair all messed up. Aish, this boy.

 

I stopped him in an instant. “Yah, Aron.” I said bluntly. He simply turned around smiling, like his peaceful self always was. I mean, the only time he will fight or argue with a Yakshu is when he is ORDERED to. Why was I even friends with this kid? We were the exact opposite. Well, some people say opposites attract. ;). Ew. That sounded gay. Let’s pretend like you’ve never read that.

 

ANYWAYS…..

 

“What’s up?” He asked. I sighed and looked around wondering where are the other Krishnas were.

They’re probably just getting ready, I thought.

“Did you know about the Yakhsu’s leaving to training before us?” Baekho asked turning around to face him. Aron’s face didn’t seem concerned or angry at all. As a matter of fact, it stayed the exact same, smiling face.

 

“Then we better get going.” He said calmly. That was true. I’ve been ranting about them beating us to the training halls when I should’ve been running for my life to catch up to them. It’s been like 20 minutes and Sungsaenim Lee is probably teaching them better defenses than he was teaching us Krishnas.

 

Baekho sighed and ran his fingers through his mohawk. “Baekho can you go make sure everyone’s ready to leave? We seriously need to be on our way.” I said in the most polite way I could. He nodded and left to walk down to the dormitories and to wake everyone up if they weren’t already woken. Aron decided to go with him and I sort of felt lonely,

 

Until I felt eyes darting at me from behind and I sensed that human girl. Rinka, I thought. I swirled around and saw her trying to make herself look like she was occupied with something else when really she was spying on us the whole time. She’s not very…”slick”.

 

She came closer looking confused and I stood still. “Did you hear our conversation?” I asked casually. She slowly nodded and rubbed the back of her neck. “You guys mentioned something called…Xiqs? And Yakshus. How do you guys know about them?”

 

I panicked instantly but didn’t show it on the outside. How the hell did SHE know about Xiqs and Yakshus? She isn’t supposed to know about them. But I knew how to cover this up.

“Oh that! There’s this knew anime coming out and one of the character’s name is Xiq and the other’s is Yakshu. It’s a roleplayig anime and yeah…” Nice save, I thought. She still looked confused which meant it didn’t work.

 

“Okay…But you mention something about training?” She tipped over back and forth on her feet with her hands behind her back. Since I said it was a role playing anime, I decided to cover it up with this:

 

“OH! The school is doing this cosplay thing where one half of the school will play Xiq and the other half with play Yakshu. They need to train us so that we’re acting like them correctly.” I smiled to cover up the lies and she smiled back.

 

“No one told me about it. I wanna go too!” She almost turned around to run back to her dorm to get ready but I grabbed her wrist instantly and frantically to stop her.

“NO!” I yelled and she flinched. “I..I mean—NO you can’t go because uhm..It’s only for people who speak Japanese…” I lied. Wow, that was the worst lie I’ve ever told in my life. But she fell for it.

 

“Really?” She pouted and I nodded. “Just go back to bed and we’ll be back by night time okay?” I smiled big and patted her head lightly. She sighed and slowly turning around. “Come back soon. I don’t wanna feel lonely.” She said.

 

I smiled and nodded then turned around gazing at Baekho and Aron evacuating the dormitories and hurrying the rest of the Krishnas on out. I couldn’t let Rinka go because our training contained our eyes changing, and our fangs growing out.

 

This was going to be fun, I thought.

 

***

 

(Ren’s POV)

 

“NO REN YOU HAVE TO FEEL LIKE YOU’RE ACTUALLY ATTACKING THEM!” Sunsaenim Lee was getting on my nerves with that phrase! I knew what I was doing and he didn’t need to keep correcting me over and over. He made us practice our martial arts and Kendo on a punching bag since those stupid Krishnas didn’t come early enough.

 

I groaned and lifted my leg up to a 90 degree angle as the Krishnas finally decided to walk in. I put my leg down and rested my hands on my waist, flipping my hair. All the other Yakshus stopped what they were doing as well to watch their entrance.

 

It was pretty cool, if I do say so myself. The annoying, ugly, stupid JR was in the middle and the rest were by his side and it looked as though they were walking in slow motion like in the movies but then again I’m just very delusional.

 

“You guys are late. How come?” Sungsaenim Lee was tightening his belt and furrowing his eyebrows. None of the Krishnas responded except for the leader which was tugging on his collar.

“I’m sorry. Everyone was having a hard time getting ready.” He bowed and right after he did, all the other Krishnas did as well. That was like me with my Yakshus. I bow, they bow.

 

“Well you better be more prepared next time.” He said. They nodded and bowed again.

“Alright you guys line up. Krishnas on the right side of the room and Yakshus on the left.” Sungsaenim Lee stood into the middle of the dojo. I sighed and lined up all the Yakshus as the Krishnas lined up themselves. I stood in the middle of the line and our feet were pointing the same direction, making everything look congruent.

 

“STUDENTS!” Sungsaenim Lee shouted with his hands on his abdomen and the veins on his neck popping out. He did this at the beginning of every training.

“YES SUNGSAENIM LEE!” We shouted back in unison resting our hands on our abdomen as well, just like him.

“I’LL PAIR YOU UP WITH THE OPPOSITE KIND. AND YOU MUST ACT LIKE YOU’RE IN THE BATTLE. FIGHTING FOR A XIQ. UNDERSTAND ME?!” He shouted louder making everyone jump.

Sungsaenim was kind of scary but outside of training, he was a nice guy. We’ve done this excersise before but it got too out of hand when one of the Krishnas, Junsu, bit too deep into one of the Yakshus, ChiSoo, and things just weren’t cute. I despised Junsu even more after that.

 

“SOOYOUNG IS WITH CHAERIN. GAYOON IS WITH EUNJAE. JONGMIN IS WITH JUNSU. BAEKHO IS WITH MINHYUN. ARON IS WITH  DAESUNG. JR IS WITH REN. DONGHO IS WITH YUNSOO. EUNMI IS WITH EUNSOO.”

 

He announced more names but I was only focusing on MY opponent. JR. Last time I had to be with Yunsoo and we both attacked eachother at the first second. It would be fun to experiment on JR. I pierced my eyes on his and didn’t pay attention to anything else.

 

“YOU MUST ONLY USE THE MOVES I’VE SHOWN YOU AND NO MORE BITING!” He looked at Junsu and he curled his lips looking away. The rest of the Krishnas began to laugh remembering that memory and I cringed. Such foul beings, I thought.

 

“THE FIRST PAIR WILL START. SOOYOUNG AND CHAERIN, BEAR TO THE MIDDLE. NOW.” His hands left his abdominal and pointed to the circles in the middle of the dojo. Sooyoung, from my side, approached quickly while Chaerin from JR’s side dragged herself there. I knew they wouldn’t be the types to do the moves Sungsaenim showed us, they would just rip out eachother’s hair. Before I knew it, Sungsaenim held up a gigantic poster of EXO-M infront of them.

 

“Pretend like Kris is a Xiq. You must fight for him. If you win, you also win his heart.”

 

“ODHOFHIPHOH:OSDHIWDFPOGWFDIUW:DG@*)(Y%(_(@YRHJPIFHW{SDIUISOHW{OGD{(HSDOJ:SBLKBFWD(GH{W(YW)*YD)#*^_T^SOUPSHKULDBKLBSILDUGSWDIULGWFWP(DTWP(ETQE@{)@YPODUGIG” They both starting screaming and spazzing and drooling and what not. Over Kris….

This was going to be a long class…

 

***

 

“JR. REN. BEAR TO THE CENTER.” Sungsaenim shouted again pointing to the circles in the middle like he did with all the other pairs. Sooyoung and Chaerin ended up ripping the poster of Kris and now they are currently sobbing themselves to death and hating eachother forever.

 

JR casually strode over to the center, his legs close to Sungsaenim Lee’s and his head was held up straight.

Be careful before I rip that head off, I thought as I approached as well.

“REMEMBER. NO BITING.” He warned and stepped back so he could give us some room. We growled at eachother before we heard the words, “BEGIN.”
 

 

I dodged toward him but he grabbed my collar and threw me across the room, slamming me onto the pull up bar and my spin instantly made a popping sound. I groaned in pain as the girls gasped and the guys backed up even more. I slid to the floor holding my back and made painful faces. It took about 3 seconds for it to heal and I stood up again.

 

“Did you want more?” JR smirked and came closer. I shook my head and grabbed his precious hair, picking him up to the highest I could, and threw him down. I didn’t just throw him down, as he fell, I lifted my leg up to the same 90 degree angle I had before the Krishnas showed up, and kicked him as hard as I could in between his legs.

 

“NGHHHHHHHHHH!” He screamed in agony as he fell and paced back and forth on his knees. He was so pathetic. He knew I was stronger and just because I look like a girl doesn’t mean anything. Looks can be deceiving.

 

He shortly stood on his feet and I was trying to be well aware of his next move but he suddenly disappeared. Damn, another Krishna power. I looked around trying to figure out where he went off to.

“WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO?!” I yelled. He was being a coward.

“I’m here~!” His voice whistled and I felt pressure build up on my head as he fell right on top of me causing the whole floor to make a whole and we fell inside of it. He landed on top of me and pulled my head back to the extent that it could go and I looked up in pain to see everyone else staring at us from the hole.

 

“ALRIGHT STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP!” Sungsaenim rung the bell over a million times to get us to stop and JR did. He got off, and lifted himself up from out of the hole he made and dusted himself off. I did the same and we ended up growling at eachother.

 

“ALRIGHT YOU TWO ARE FINISHED FOR THE DAY.” Sungsaenim Lee shouted again.

“YES SIR.” We HAD to say that because if we didn’t, our bodies would turn into ashes.

JR and I might be finished for the day, but we’re not finished for the rest of our lives. 

 

Another dream has ended, but I'll show you a new one, next night.