The girl in my vision

Midnight Academy

 

                                                                                                

 

I never understood the full meaning of my name. I only knew that it mean t something like “The One Who—“ And I don’t know the rest. Maybe it was better for me not to even find out.

I mean, no one wanted to tell me how my dad had vampire powers if he was clearly a human. Or how my mom died. Or how on the night that my dad was killed by an extremely powerful vampire, a Xiq to be exact, there were so many streaks of light coming out of  my body.

I had no one to explain that to me. At all. Their excuses would always be, “Youre too young. Ill tell you when youre older.” Ive waited 6 years to get my answers.
Yet, I still have no idea. I was supposed to attend a regular high school, Pledis High, but since Chorong, the woman who adopted me, enrolled me into a school Midnight Academy.

None of this would’ve happened if Xiq Jackson hadn’t killed, no, slayed my father. All he wanted was power. I understood that much. I didn’t really get into all the vampire history and nonsense like that.
Why would I be so concerned about it if I was human? Well, people wouldn’t think Im human.

They would all call me a creature or a vampire because of my hair. I had natural velvet red hair that flew down my back. People told me I was fake for dying it, but I would tell them,“I DIDN’T DYE IT FOR THE LAST TIME!” But they wouldn’t believe me. It was the most irritating thing EVER. Bottom line is, school starts on Monday and Im SO not ready for a school that starts at MIDNIGHT.

 

 

 

 

 

                                                   MIDNIGHT ACADEMY JR'S POV

 

People to need to get it through their heads that right when that clock strikes 12, we all turn into monsters.  Blood- monsters at that. But then there were the vampires who I just couldn’t stand in general. First, the Yakshus. They beat us at winning a Xiqs heart but I don’t call quits.

The problem is that they dared to put Krishnas and Yakshus in the SAME classes. Everynight something goes down and Im just sitting there like, If you don’t shut the up and sit down, I will all of your own blood out, and spit it on your face. Im serious though. They were annoying.

Except for my two best friends Baekho and Aron of course. Aron was more calm about it than I was and Baekho was the one who made the go down every night in the first place. He hated Yakshus more than I did. Which I didn’t know was possible. Being a Krishna basically had 2 rules.

1) Kill Yakshus. 
2) Kill Yakshus. 

And there you go. But in order to be a Xiq, you have to be born. Its not something you can turn into. If I were to a humans blood then they would turn into a Krishna. Same goes for Yakshus and Hybreeds. But who would wanna be those?

All Hybreeds can do is drink blood. Not even vampire blood. They have no powers or anything. When I look around there are NO Xiqs at this school at all. Only Krishnas Yakshus and Hybreeds. But then again if there were Xiqs we wouldn’t be able to understand them because they have their own language. They speak ours too but Xiqs have a personal way of communicating. Im not sure what its called and Im not planning on researching it.

I crossed my arms in my seat and out of no where I saw this girl. A girl with velvet red hair and fiery black eyes appeared. The vision was blurry but it was basically here opening the doors to this school. I didn’t sense her as a vampire. She was pure human. So why would a human be coming to this school?

Unless they want to be by a Hybreed. I didn’t even know this girl but I knew I had to protect her from those filthy vampires. Theyre so pathetic that it hurts really. I quickly snapped back and remembered I was still in the classroom. The vision though. I wasn’t sure if the girl was coming through the doors now…? Tomorrow? I didn’t know and I didn’t care what time.

I flew out of my seat while the others gasped. All the way in the back I heard a familiar voice call out my name. It was filthy and I would never allow my name to be called out of their mouths.

Ren.

A Yakshu who I despised the most out of ALL of them that attended this school. He was just—words that I cant say because theyre illegal.

 

I quickly shot him a glance and he smirked as he sat on his desk. His blonde hair made him look so feminine and it made me wanna spit another one of his kinds blood on him. His attitude was annoying and he thought that he had to save and protect everything when really he was making worst.

 

“Where are you going?” He asked.

 

I bit my tongue from cussing at him but my choice of words slapped it out the way.

 

“None of your ing business.” I said and walked to the door. I noticed the Krishna girls smiling and the guys laughing as the Yakshas gasped and before Ren could launch at me, the teacher stopped him. The teacher was half Krishna half Yakshu which really for him to be honest. He was half looked down on by Krishnas for being half Yakshu and he was half looked down on by Yakshus for being half Krishna.

 

Yup.

 

Thug life.

 

The teacher stopped him just by one glance. Since he had both of Krishans and Yakshus powers he had double of what we had. He could control anything by one glance. So he basically dragged Ren into his seat without even moving. He looked at me and nodded my head to go and didn’t even ask me where I was going.

 

When youre me, being lovable comes naturally so you don’t even have to show effort. But Ren on the other hand..No one liked except for his low life Yakshus. We were both considered leaders of our kind in this school but I almost killed myself knowing I had something in common with him.

 

I WAS going to walk down the hall but I figured that appearing infront of the gates would be much easier. I shrugged and before I knew it, the gates were facing me. My eyes widened as I saw a girl with red velvet hair, walking towards me.

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                Ren’s POV

 

That JR. I hated him! Him and the rest of the Krishnas at this school. The teacher was pissing me off now too. How could he let JR just go like that? Just because hes half Krishna half Yakshu doesn’t mean he gets to be soft to Krishnas and treat Yakshus like .

 

I slipped down in my seat as one of the Yakshu girls, Eunmi, was fighting with one of the Krishna girls, EunHye. I think they were fighting over a Hybreed.

 

Seriously?

 

A Hybreed? How low could they go? Especially Eunmi shes MY kind. I had to stop her from liking those filthy wanna bes.

 

I stood up and walked over to them.

 

“Eunmi.” I wanted to tell her about Minhyun. He was my best friend PLUS a Yakshu so everything would work out.

 

“You have Minhyun. You shouldn’t give damn about those stupid Hybreeds, alright?” I said.

She gave Eunjae a dirty look and nodded at me. The teacher scolded at her for standing up. EUNJAE WAS STANDING UP TO OHMYGOD WTF?!?

 

I couldn’t with this teacher. And he never even taught us. We would all walk in, take a seat, talk, then if we had time we would start a fight. It would usually be that stupid Baekho who would start all the time.

 

I groaned and walked back to my seat.

 

I froze.

 

I was staring at a girl. She had cherry red hair with large black eyes. She was walking down the hallway of this school. Was she a vampire? Of course she was! No humans are allowed in this school…Right? She looked pretty hot actually. I might just take a bite out of her.

 

I snapped out of it and thought about my vision. Red hair, black eyes, but I couldn’t sense any powers on her. That’s what about being a Yakshu. Krishnas get better visions than we do and it pisses me off.

 

The classroom door slammed open and I slowly turned my head.

 

My eyes widened as I saw JR standing next to the girl who I just saw in my vision. 

 

 

 

Another dream has ended, but I'll show you a new one, next night