Nothing's Over!!!

Nothing's Over

 

[Hye Mi’s P.O.V]

 

There’s not even a time when the hall of whispers can remain silent without any whispering, I’ve gotten used to it and probably everyone is used to it as well, that’s why they keep on whispering. I wonder when will the lips whispering get tired of whispering and stay quiet instead. I walk to the cafeteria, the usual place I go to meet the other Infinite members.

 

There are rumors going around, stronger than any rumor going around before, about Sungyeol and me dating. I can just laugh at the rumors by the time I hear it, because I can’t even seem to know if it’s the truth or not. None of us ever clarify our status relationship even though everyone around us seems to think that our relationship had been upgraded to something that is a level higher than ‘friendship’.

 

Every single day, the first person we want to meet is each other. If we don’t meet up at the cafeteria, we’ll meet in class or behind our class building. Neither of us feel the need to clarify our feelings for each other or even clarify our relationship status. From the ‘upgraded’ relationship they’re talking about, it seems that Sungyeol is gaining strength from it.

 

The cafeteria is no longer the only place we all meet up. Sungyeol start opening up himself to us, he let the others to come to the house and spend some time there. Jin Hee said that even his parents are not as rich as his father is and is amazed at Sungyeol’s house. However Jin Hee is actually extremely happy living in a small house, she doesn’t feel lonely and she said that it feels like home. Truthfully, I actually know that she likes it more because it’s really close to Jin’s house as well.

 

Sun Hee hang out with us as well, she always comes to Sungyeol’s house because she likes the twins so much. She wants to have them as her own brothers, and both of them like her as well. I don’t know, this turn out to be like a fairytale ending where everything ends with a happily ever after. But no one actually knows the original fairytale are really cruel fairytale, just like IU’s song title.

 

Today, I want to bring Sungyeol somewhere. It’s about time he met Minhyuk, he need Minhyuk’s permission if he wants to really upgrade our relationship. If he needs to be calm when he’s with me, he needs to get Minhyuk’s permission as well. Minhyuk had been the one who teach me how to love, so Sungyeol need Minhyuk’s permission to have me pass the love to Sungyeol. Yeah, and of course, he needs my family permission. Putting aside my parents who never seem to come back home anymore, Howon is the person who need to give his permission to the relationship.

 

“I want to meet oppa too, can I come too?” Sun Hee asks me. I look at Sun Hee and tell her no. Today is the day when I need to introduce Sungyeol to Minhyuk and I don’t want things to turn awkward with Sun Hee there.

 

“Maybe you can come here with YoungKwang instead one day and introduce them as your new brothers.” I said to Sun Hee.

 

“NO! They are my brothers!” Sungyeol said childishly.

 

“Choding, shut up and just listen.” I said to Sungyeol and lock our fingers together and drag him to his car so that he’ll start driving to where Minhyuk ashes were spread. Minhyuk’s ashes were spread along the way from his house to our old school, the place where he often walks from and to.

 

Sungyeol parked his car in front of our school and get out of the car, straightening his clothes and look at me nervously. I smile at him and hold his hands again. I can’t believe the fact that Sungyeol is feeling nervous by the fact that he’ll be talking to an invisible Minhyuk.

 

“Minhyuk, I’m here. I want to introduce you to Sungyeol, the person we talked about in my dream.” I said simply and Sungyeol start talking to the air as if Minhyuk is really there. I feel like crying that the two great men I know who owns my heart are like talking to each other about loving and treasuring me. Even though we can’t see Minhyuk, we believe Minhyuk is listening to everything we say.

 

“I’m going to love and protect Hye Mi just like how you did in the past. Even though I know I won’t be able to do it as great as you did, since she still remember you after five years, I’m gonna do my best at it. What I want to do is not to replace you, but to love her and protect her with my life. She’s my strength and I love her really much.” The thing that Sungyeol said that makes me laugh but also feel touched at the same time.

 

“What I love about Hye Mi is that she’s so protective over her family, always taking the responsibility to take care of her family like a mother protecting their children. If Hye Mi protects the people besides her with her life, I will be the one protecting her with my own life. Strong Hye Mi is also the soft Hye Mi who can cry in her heart silently when no one is looking. I will never let her cry alone anymore.” Sungyeol said to Minhyuk as if I’m no longer there. I am surprised when I heard that as it seems like he knows me a lot.

 

I don’t know if this is the happy ending like the Disney fairytales but I like how this ends. I like how I have another man I can trust in my life besides my family. I am happy how it ends right now. I don’t know the future and how it will be, but I want to live my life as it is. Nothing is over, everything begins here. Nothing’s Over.