I know

Nothing's Over

 

Sungyeol ran as fast as he can, running searching for the one who should know the truth. He keeps on running, doesn’t even know where he’s supposed to be heading. He couldn’t reach the person he’s looking for through the phone. It seems like modern technology fails on him at this time and he needs to use the traditional way in searching for people, running.

 

He stop running for a while, taking out his phone, trying out his luck again to try and call anyone he knows that is related to her. No one seems to know her whereabouts, making him even more frustrated. Both of them doesn’t have any class today, there’s no reason for them to be at school but she’s not at home either, the first place he searched for.

 

Months and months of searching, seeking for the truth to the words that hurt the person he love the most. After months, enduring himself and socializing with people who he never ever imagines he’ll ever talk to, he finally got the truth. The truth hurts; it would hurt her even more than he’s hurting right now. Why he wants to say it was not to make her sad or disappointed, but to let her know that people do things for a reason.

 

Sungyeol took a sit at a near bench after calming down, and try calling Hye Mi again. He needs to tell her today or he’ll forget it. He’ll be going away for a week to China for his cousin’s wedding. By the time he came back, anything can happen during that time interval, he could easily forget everything and she wouldn’t even know what he wants to tell her.

 

“Hello Sungyeol oppa? Hye Mi unnie just came back if you’re still looking for her.” Sungyeol quickly end the call he received from Hyuna and run towards their house. After reaching the house, he calm himself down and try to talk as normal as he can.

 

“Lee Hye Mi, can we go to your room and talk?” Sungyeol asks Hye Mi right when he enters the house. The person is there and he doesn’t wish to hurt both of them at the same time.

 

“Just say whatever you want to say here.” Hye Mi said.

 

“I can’t say it here. I need to talk to you in private. No one should know this but you.” Sungyeol said.

 

“If you want to confess to unnie, you just need to say it here, don’t really have to go to her room.” Hyori said teasingly.

 

“I can’t say it here.” Sungyeol said again, trying to be firm.

 

“Fine then, let’s go!” Hye Mi said and went upstairs.

 

Sungyeol enters Hye Mi room and take a seat on the bed, watching all of Hye Mi’s move. He knows that Hye Mi knows what he wants to talk about is not about their relationship but Hye Mi is scared about the seriousness in Sungyeol’s tone. He will only use that tone when there’s something serious or sad happened and  Hye Mi doesn’t want t listen to it.

 

Sungyeol then pulls Hye Mi hands so that she will be sitting on the bed next to him. He didn’t let go of her hands at all while taking the time and try his hardest to make whatever he wants to say doesn’t sounds too harsh. Sungyeol really don’t want to hurt her.

 

“You see, when I say I was working hard to find out about the source of rumors regarding yourself. Even after you tell me to give it up, I can’t because I’ve come so far and I almost figure it out.” Sungyeol said.

 

“With the new connections I made around the school, I found out about the source of the rumors.” Sungyeol continued.

 

“You found it? You’ve gone through all the trouble because of it?” Hye Mi asks feeling touched by what he’d done.

 

“That is also how the rumors about us dating started. I guess I’m guilty for it, so I’m sorry for that rumors.” Sungyeol said and both of them blush at the mention of their dating rumors.

 

“So I guess the rumors that you’re talking about is about the rumor?” Hye Mi asks and Sungyeol nod his head.

 

“You know what, I actually don’t really think about rumors anymore. I mean, I live well with it and without it. Even with rumors, my family’s relationship is still strong.” Hye Mi said.

 

“I know you don’t.”

 

“So, I don’t think I want to know about this.”

 

“But Hye Mi…”

 

“By the way you’re looking for me with that worried face would only mean that it’s a bad news and you want me to know sooner before it hurt me.” Hye Mi said reading Sungyeol’s mind.

 

“Just listen to me Hye Mi”, Sungyeol try to persuade her.

 

“I know who that person is Sungyeol. I know who it is, I know, so please don’t say the name. I really want to pretend that I didn’t know at all. Just try and understand me.” Hye Mi said and leaves the room.