Bringing Us Together

Nothing's Over

 

Hee Jin walks together with Ae Ri through the corridors of her university hearing a lot of people murmuring and gossiping with each other. It surely is not about her or about Ae Ri because no one ever have talk about them before, so she ignore everyone who is whispering, even though through the corner of her eyes, she can see that they are actually glaring at both of them. Hee Jin stops her step and walk nearer to a group of girls and all of them decide to avoid her.

 

“What?” Hee Jin asks pulling the collar of a girl nearer.

 

“There are rumors going around about you and Ae Ri.” The girl said almost crying when Hee Jin grab her collar.

 

“About both of you as lesbian couple.” The girl’s friend said trying to help out her friend. Hee Jin let go of the collar and laugh her heart out. Ae Ri laugh at it too and just walk away not feeling hurt by it at all.

 

“Who knows? Your dream of becoming popular again might just come true.” Ae Ri said teasingly.

 

“Nah, I don’t feel like I want that anymore.” Hee Jin said.

 

“Want what?” Hee Jin glances to her left seeing Jin putting his hands on her shoulder and smiling so sweetly at her. Even though everyone around her feels that the smile is really sweet and nice, she feels like punching him for putting his hands on her shoulder. Before the punch reaches his face, Jin blocks it with his hands and smile again to her.

 

“Let’s make peace.” Jin said and takes her punch and turns it into a handshake. Jin Hee was going to reject the offer but Ae Ri besides her tighten the handshake and tell Hee Jin that Jin is her cousin, seeing both of them fighting all the time is not fun at all, so it would be really awesome if they can become friends.

 

“I’m only doing this because of Ae Ri.” Hee Jin said and pulls her hand away from Jin’s handshake.

 

“Wow cousin, she’s doing something for you.” Jin said but lucky for him Hee Jin is far away from him them that she didn’t hear anything.

 

“And you, if you want Hee Jin to be friends with you, stop saying hurtful things to her! You are so stupid!” Ae Ri said.

 

“Who starts the rumors anyway? The rumors regarding the Infinite clique is not even over yet, why are there new rumor about Hee Jin and me being lesbian partners? I have my own boyfriend and well, Hee Jin still needs to wait for someone to confess to her to let people know about her ual preferences too.” Ae Ri said sarcastically.

 

“Ae Ri, you better take good care of your boyfriend anyway. Your cover will blow up soon anyway, I hope you have told your only best friend about it, or not you will lose her anytime soon.” Jin said.

 

“I’ll tell her soon. Bye Jin!” Ae Ri said and run to Hee Jin. Jin shook his head looking at his cousing running towards her best friend. Ae Ri treasure her best friend, Hee Jin a lot but she kept secrets from her, there are things about Ae Ri that Hee Jin doesn’t know about.

 

Jin walks to the cafeteria after getting a text message from Changmin and Jaejoong telling them that the Infinite clique is searching for him. He went there and takes a seat at the large table that have all the famous people in the college gathered together. He doesn’t even need to know what is it that they want to talk about because he can guess it already. They want to talk about the issue and also about the newest rumors spread around, that is about the lesbian couple Hee Jin and Ae Ri. As soon as Hee Jin sits down, people around them starts talking and making new rumors about them.

 

Myungsoo who is really mad about people hurting his family’s feelings stand up to defend themselves but Hyori’s hold his hand and ask him to sit down. He really hates, or maybe became phobia of seeing people whispering with each other. Rumors, it can destroy someone’s life. Making stupid rumors about them will make it hard for them to go on studying at the college. The office is currently their most visited place at the school because of the rumors. rumors is not healthy at all, they have repeated the same answers about it for the millionth time and yet, people still keep on asking them about it.

 

“So the rumors that is going around is about the Infinite clique siblings having an relationship, right? Or are you also talking about the lesbian couple Hee Jin and Ae Ri?” Jin asks.

 

“Oh you haven’t heard the rumors about all of us having some kind of ?” Jaejoong asks.

 

“WHAT?” Jin asks surprised. His face is now as red as tomatoes because of his anger.

 

“Yeah, that includes your cousin and her best friend as well.” Jaejoong continue.

 

“This doesn’t make sense at all. How did these stupid people can even think of such ideas?” Jin asks, taking his seat again.

 

“Amazingly they got all of the people they spread rumors on sitting on a table together discussing it, it’s some kind of secret club now.” Changmin said laughing.

 

“You think it’s a laughing matter? Man, getting involved in an rumors is not fun man. I have my life to live.” Jin said.

 

“And you think getting involved in an relationship rumors is fun? That is a disgrace to my family man. Maybe you should start thinking before saying things.” Howon said angrily. Even though it doesn’t seems like it, Howon is still the oldest in the family.

 

“Sorry then. I wasn’t thinking just now.” Jin said apologizing, it didn’t sound sincere but he is sincere. He looks around and screams loudly to get all of the students in cafeteria to leave. Not so surprisingly, all of them leave since he too had past rumors about being scary.

 

“I thought people would look past it if we ignored them. We ignored all the rumors but more rumors come up, even worst too.” Hye Mi said. She is really sad about the rumors, and then to be involve with the rumors, it feels her pride and dignity is being stepped on.

 

“We need to find who make these rumors first. Hee Jin used to start it all because she wants to be popular, she was no one actually until she slapped Ae Ri a week ago. I don’t think the slap was the thing that makes her popular because no one was around at the time anyway.” Chang Min said coming up with the theory.

 

“No, it can start by it too. We won’t know if there are stalkers living around here. I mean, the rumors start because Hee Jin slap Ae Ri, people say Hee Jin slap Ae Ri because Ae Ri cheat on Hee Jin because of you oppa.” Hye Mi said.

 

“Do you think we can stop rumors?” Sungyeol who had been quiet all the time suddenly open his mouth.

 

“No, I don’t think so. There are rumors everywhere, no one can stop it. It’s just that I want to stop those rumors that might hurt other people’s feelings.” Hye Mi said.

 

“Up to you then, I’ll help in any way I can.” Sungyeol said.