Not To Be Blamed

Nothing's Over

 

Howon is never this mad, he’s always the calm and cheerful brother everyone know of, always the talented and sweet friend everyone love. When Howon looks like this, Hye Mi feels guilty, that every time, it’s always her who bring this side of him. Howon is always mad because of her, things that are related to her.

 

“Hye Mi, stop thinking that you’re responsible for everything. You’re not the reason Minhyuk left, and you’re also not the reason why our family became like this. You were never at fault. If you think your rebellious side after Minhyuk died makes our family like this, you were wrong. You weren’t at fault. I was the one who saw it all. You might have been the one protecting the family, making them used to have you as the mother and make them able to cope of the idea of not having a real mother in their life with them. But Hye Mi, it was me who protected you all from all the truth.” Howon said.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Our parents were going to get a divorce before you involved in an accident. I was with them when they discuss about the divorce. They clearly said it all in front of me that if it really happen, I need to take care of you all. I need to make sure that none of you will ever blame themselves for what happen. I never had the chance to protect you, Hye Mi. You always want to protect everyone around you and protect yourself that I can’t seem to tell you that it wasn’t your fault. When you lost your memory, they told you something but because you’re too busy trying to remember who were the boy that hold you in his arm when you got into the accident that you didn’t hear them clearly.”

 

“They told me?” Hye Mi asks while tears fall down her cheek.

 

“Their divorce paper was finalized when you were in the hospital. They apologize to you because they couldn’t protect you together. They told you they are no longer together, but as I say, you didn’t remember it. Your rebellious side makes them blame themselves for whatever happening to you, and I blame them as well. I told them that if they ever hurt Hye Mi, who is protecting her siblings, I will never forgive them. I realized you didn’t remember about what they said when you told me you didn’t remember the conversation you had with mom and dad in the hospital.” Howon says again.

 

[Flashback]

 

“I need to tell Hye Mi what happen. I don’t want to see her being like this.” Howon’s mom tries to run upstairs to her room when Howon stop her and stand at the staircase.

 

“None of you are ever allowed to go up there to talk to Hye Mi.” He said silently with hate in his eyes.

 

“I accepted your divorce calmly and promise you all to protect my siblings with my own life. I promise myself that none of you will ever hurt them or anything will ever hurt them. I told myself that it was unavoidable, whatever happened between both of you happened. Hye Mi who needs her parents the most at the time, was only accompanied by her twin brother, the oldest brother in the family because of her selfish parents who couldn’t seem to think of their daughter and only thought of splitting up with each other. She lost her memory but both of you were only busy handling your divorce paper.”

 

“I am embarrassed of the parents I have that I call mom and dad who never once really care about their children. If your job is only to give birth to your children and stop raising them once they start learning how to walk, then you don’t have the right to be call mom and dad. Both of you only care about having fun. From this day onwards, both of you are not allowed to live in this house…” Howon look at his father who had just slapped him on his face and his crying mother.

 

“Even if this is your house, both of you aren’t allowed to live in this house. You told me to protect my siblings, I’m doing what I’m told to do. I’m protecting them from my foolish parents who don’t have the rights to be one. You can visit, to maybe do your duty as parents. None of you can tell them you’ve split up, I’m the one who will tell them.”

 

[End of flashback]

 

Hye Mi tears fall down as she hear everything from her brother. It was never her fault but she had been playing the role of their mother without knowing the reason why. She thought her parents were like that because she said she wish they were never her parents. She said that because they were never there. She thought they’re never home because they’re out there having fun and travelling with each other. She didn’t know that her parents were divorced.

 

“Does the other know?” Hye Mi asks wiping her tears.

 

“I think so. Hyori and Hyuna heard our fight. You didn’t hear it because I guessed you listened to your MP3 too loud?” Howon laughed and ruffle her sister hair to tell her that everything is fine.

 

“You know how Woohyun always look at you every time you mention Min Hyuk’s name?” Howon asks while hugging Hye Mi. He then put his hand on her shoulders.

 

“It was because he felt sorry that his best friend, and the girl he love is still stuck on the past, still feeling responsible for everything. He wants you to be happy even if he’s not the one that makes you feel happy. That’s why even though he’s jealous of Sungyeol, he’s really glad that someone is there to make you happy. Sungyeol is the only guy who makes you forget about Minhyuk once in a while.” Howon said. Hye Mi nod her head knowing that Sungyeol really does have that effect. When she’s with her, she never thought of Minhyuk.

 

“Talk to Sunhee tomorrow, settle it all.” Howon said and again, she nods her head.

 

“You were never this obedient. Can you always be like this?” Howon asks and she hit him really hard on his stomach. Howon smile when knowing that Hye Mi is back to normal. It’s a sad thing to know that even with Howon saying that they can visit, they rarely visit and it proves that what Howon says were right. Howon tried to give them a chance when he said they can visit once in a while but they didn’t try and take that chance and turn it into an opportunity. 

 

=====================================================================

Truthfully guys, the 5 comments were just a joke. 

I know I won't be able to get 5 comments. 

Even though my followers increase, beside Florrie and LeePeppers, no one ever commented on this fanfic, of course it makes me sad but I'm already grateful by those who comment on it.

Thank you a lot for commenting on my fanfic.

Thank you for subscribing as well, but I have to say, comment gives me more encouragement really. 

Hope people can comment when the fanfic ends. :')