Leave

Nothing's Over

 

[Sungyeol’s P.O.V]

 

I wake up staring at the unfamiliar ceiling. This is definitely not my room, did I sleep walk? The last thing I remember was falling asleep after Hye Mi confirming to me that she’ll be sleeping in my room to take care of me because of my high fever.  As a habit, my head turn to my right, Hye Mi is sleeping on a couch, so this isn’t my room but by the look of it, I can already guess that this is a hospital. What happen?

 

I look to my left, wondering if the twins followed me to the hospital or not? Yes they’re there sleeping as well. Is this the biggest room in the hospital? Butler Kim always does his best at taking care of me, but after all these while can’t he just understand that I want to live my life moderately? I can excuse him this time around because if it’s not for this room, Hye Mi, Kwangmin and Youngmin won’t be able to rest.

 

After my dad and mom, these three person are the people I treasured the most in my life. Hye Mi is my strength, my twin brothers know that. They know I love Hye Mi and I think Woohyun know that too, that’s why he’s very protective over Hye Mi. I laughed when I suddenly realize that I have twin brothers same with Hye Mi having twin sisters, I really didn’t realize that before this. I just take them in because they are too adorable.

 

“You’re looking at me but you didn’t even hear me calling your name.” I’m brought back to the real world when Hye Mi suddenly calls my name.

 

“So what happen?” I ask.

 

“I set my phone alarm to two hours interval time. After four hours, your temperature keep on rising, so I got worried, I called the ambulance. The doctor just say that you overwork yourself and you don’t have enough energy left in your body. I ask the twins, and both of them are clueless about why you’re like this. So you better tell me what happen.” Hye Mi said.

 

“The thing is for the past few days I don’t have any appetite to eat anything, so I keep on skipping my meals. At the same time, I still do my charity work and also goes to school, trying to find out about the rumor source as well. I guess I didn’t think of my body limit.” I told Hye Mi truthfully. If it’s the truth that she wants, it’s the truth I give her.

 

“The source of the rumor, just leave it. You don’t have to mind about it.” Hye Mi said to me and hand me a glass of water. I look at her and I see tears in her eyes.

 

“No Hye Mi, why are you crying? Don’t cry!” I hold Hye Mi’s hand and try calming her down.

 

“You shouldn’t have care about the rumors, it’s not even about you. It’s about me, I’ll settle it.” Hye Mi said between sobs. I pull her down so that she’ll sit beside me on the bed. I push her chin so that she’ll look right into my eyes.

 

“I don’t like seeing Lee Hye Mi being troubled by this stupid thing. I want Lee Hye Mi to be happy. If this thing troubles you, I’ll help you and solve it together with you. You don’t have to go through it alone. You have us with you.” I said to Hye Mi. Hye Mi wipe her tears and I was shocked with her next action. She hugged me.

 

“Thank you Sungyeol. Thank you so much.” She said and let go of the hug.

 

“But just promise me something, do take care of yourself as well.” Hye Mi said again. I wasn’t able to see her for a few days when she was in the hospital because I was busy with my volunteer work. I was also busy working and getting to know new gossipers in the school. Youngmin and Kwangmin had been a great help too.

 

“Go back to sleep!” I said to Hye Mi. Hye Mi smile at me and lie down on the couch again.

 

The strong Hye Mi and the cheerful Hye Mi is just like how mom was. Mom was always the strongest one in her family and always so cheerful. Mom was the second oldest as well, and she took care of her siblings like she’s the oldest. Hye Mi reminds me to mom, a lot. It’s like mom is in the heaven, watching for me. Hye Mi is a gift, a gift from mom for me.

 

When I came back to Seoul, I was lost. I live in this big house, doing all this volunteer work, charity and do a lot of things. However, I felt empty, I feel like even if I have everything, there’s something missing in my whole life. However when I met Hye Mi, the day after I dreamt of mom, I felt like the big hole is being filled up by her. Her life becomes mine. I can’t live by a day without seeing her or I’ll be worried that something will happen to her and she’ll leave me like mom did.

 

I can feel tears roll down my cheek. I can never get over the feeling of losing my mom. I never can cope with the feeling of losing my mom and losing my dad at the same time. Mom left because God loves her too much, and dad leaves me because dad loves mom too much, but he can’t leave the world because he needs to make sure I live. But dad living doesn’t makes any different. Dad was never with me for me to feel his presence. He left together with mom, mom takes his soul away.