That Person

Nothing's Over

 

Sungyeol run downstairs when he thought that Hye Mi went out to calm herself down. Knowing the fact about who started all those hurtful rumors still hurts Hye Mi a lot and Sungyeol can see it in her eyes. Hye Mi can hear Sungyeol leaving the house, but Hye Mi just stay there, in her brother’s room, the next place she felt the safest beside her own room. Before Myungsoo join in the family, the place she chose to cry is her room and Howon’s room.

 

She hugs her knees, hoping that her twin telepathy with Howon would incredibly work this time and Howon would walk in the room and comfort her. Even though she always play the role as the eldest but when it comes to taking care of her, Howon did it it the best. To Hye Mi, Howon is actually a very good brother. Their roles are different in the family, Howon is usually the calm one while Hye Mi is the perfectionist who want to take care of things.

 

As if the God answer her prayers, Howon enter the room to look for his watch. At first he wants to go out with the other Infinite members but when he sees Hye Mi hugging her knees on his bed, he cancelled his plan and chose to accompany Hye Mi instead. Right when Howon take a seat next to Hye Mi, Hye Mi lean her head on his shoulder and start crying to him.

 

Howon lie on Myungsoo’s bed that is next to his bed, separated by a small closet. Howon doesn’t know what had been bothering Hye Mi about, but this time he knows he’s not worried as last time when Hye Mi was troubled with the rumor. Hye Mi came to him, that means it’s not that big deal, she can still handle it but just need his support. When it’s a big problem, Hye Mi usually keeps it to herself.

 

As usual, Howon sent a text message to Sunggyu and tell him that he can’t go out because something came up. Howon told Myungsoo to go out with them instead because he doesn’t want the other Infinite members to get worried. He waits for Hye Mi to wake up and will wait for her to tell him what is wrong. Hye Mi knows that if Howon is sitting beside her, it means he wants to know and when he wants to know, she NEED to tell him.

 

[An hour later]

 

Hye Mi wakes up and eats the food Hyori brings up for her while still sitting on Howon’s bed while Howon reading some magazine on Myungsoo’s bed. Every now and then Hye Mi secretly glance at Howon, and eat the food Hyori prepared slowly, to make sure that by the time she finish it, Howon will leave the room, and she don’t have to tell him what is wrong.

 

“You know, eating slowly doesn’t mean I’ll leave the room, I still want to know.” Howon said while still flipping the magazine.

 

“Do you really need to know?” Hye Mi asks.

 

“Well, you were the one who cried to me, so that means you can tell me.” Howon said. Hye Mi ignore him and keep on eating.

 

“Sungyeol keep on looking for you. I told him that you’re resting. I guess the problem you have has something to do with Lee Sungyeol then.” Howon said. Hye Mi nod her head silently and Howon didn’t realize saying the word, ‘and Minhyuk’.

 

“I won’t leave, so eat faster.” Howon said and Hye Mi start eating at her normal pace. She knows when Howon says no, it will be no and when he says yes, it will be yes. So either way, she needs to tell him anyway.

 

Hye Mi put the tray of food on the table next to Howon’s bed and shifted her body so that she is now staring at Howon. Howon sit up straight and wait for her to explain everything. She close her eyes and take a deep breath before start talking.

 

“So… I found out about who had been spreading the rumors about our family a week ago. Sungyeol apparently found out about it as well. He took me to my room just now to tell me about it, asking me to prepare myself for it, as it may hurt me. I told him to be silence because I know it all along and I don’t want to hear it from his own mouth because I’m not ready to hear it.” Hye Mi said.

 

“Who is it?”

 

“Lee Sun Hee, Min Hyuk’s only sister.” Hye Mi said.

 

“How come you never know about her going to the school?” Howon asks curiously.

 

“She looks different from how she looks now. She’s really matured now. She is younger than Hyori and Hyuna, she was able to enter the university early because she’s really clever.” Hye Mi said again.

 

“Have you talk to her yet and ask her why?” Howon asks.

 

“I… don’t know if I’m ready to know why.”

 

“Do you think you will ever be ready? You will never be ready to know why, Lee Hye Mi. You’re always afraid that you hurt anyone around Min Hyuk.” Howon said.

 

“That’s why I’m not ready.”

 

“That’s the more reason you need to know why now. You need to leave the past behind. It had been more than five years when it all happened.” Howon said.

 

“But…”

 

“Hye Mi, stop!” Hye Mi looks at Howon who looks angry and as if he’s going to cry if he doesn’t scream at her right now. 

 

===========================================================================

I actually had finish writing this story.

Just a cliffhanger there. hehehe

I want to see at least 5 comments on this fanfic for me to post on the ending. hehehe

Thank you guys for reading.

And sorry for the late update!!