Heroes

Nothing's Over

 

 

The loud bang on the door wake Hye Mi up from her sleep. She feels weak and really don’t want to get out of bed. She hates it that everytime she’s sick, her parents are never home, truth to be told her parents are never home at all. Like Seungyeol’s dad, her parents are always busy making money to take care of their five children.

 

Even though Hoya is the eldest child, but being a guy who doesn’t really have a caring personality, Hye Mi end up taking care of the whole family. So whenever she’s sick, none of them really know the true ‘manner’ of taking care of her. They’re always banging on doors, making noises and give Hye Mi more headaches. The one who always come to the rescue is usually the caring best friend of her, Nam Woo Hyun.

 

Whenever Hye Mi is sick, Woohyun would be the one throwing tantrum telling the others to be quiet and let her sleep and rest. Yeah sure that is another kind of noise, but at least that noise is for her own sake. Myungsoo and Hyori had become better at taking care of her when she’s sick though, and this is because Hye Mi always falls sick and she likes pampering herself when she’s sick. She’s always the one who’ll be taking care of the family, so whenever she’s sick, she wants people to take extra care for her.

 

 “Unnie, here your meds.” Hyori said giving Hye Mi some medicine for her fever to cool down.

 

“Was it Woohyun who told you all to be quiet? Because I didn’t hear his scream.” Hye Mi asks Hyori.

 

“Nope, Sungyeol oppa did. He told everyone to go out and do whatever they want to do. Just let you have some quiet time for you to rest. Since Myungsoo and I have nothing to do outside, we decide to stay here and watch over you. And of course Woohyun and Sungyeol oppa is still here.” Hyori said.

 

“Wait, my own twin is outside? Why can’t we be identical twins? I want him to feel my pain!!” Hye Mi said angered about the fact that Howon can go out to have fun when his twin is lying on bed sick.

 

“Unnie, Howon oppa hasn’t been out for a while. Let him be.” Hyori said and walk out of the room when Sungyeol came in with Woohyun.

 

“Just don’t nag on me again, Nam Woo Hyun.” Hye Mi said to Woohyun before Woohyun open his mouth.

 

“They said you always fall sick? It would be a miracle if you are healthy for a whole month?” Sungyeol asks.

 

“Well, I have a question for you. Did you tell them or maybe send them away so that you can bother me and pick a fight with me?” Hye Mi asks Sungyeol.

 

“Maybe? It’s not like…”

 

“Shut up Sungyeol. Let her rest.” Woohyun said and push Sungyeol out of Hye Mi’s room and lock the door.

 

“My hero!” Hye Mi said and hugs Woohyun when he walks to her bed. She feels happy to have Woohyun by her side. It feels way too long since they ever spend their time together. Woohyun is not taking the same course with Hye Mi, so they didn’t get to meet.

 

“Yeah, I thought Yeol is your hero?” Woohyun smile while being sarcastic. He took a seat near the bed and his hand is reaching for her porridge.

 

“Let me feed you.”  Woohyun said and try hard to feed Hye Mi the porridge with Hye Mi keep on blocking his hands.

 

“Hyun, I’m having a fever, I’m not paralyzed! If you haven’t notice, I can still move my hand if I can still block your hand! Give me that!”

 

“I know you can move but it’s because you like to be pampered that you end up still not eating your porridge and so, not eating your medicine, and so keep on being sick. So while I’m being nice, eat this porridge I’m feeding you and stop being so stubborn!” Woohyun said feeding Hye Mi forcefully.

 

“Are you trying to feed me or choke me?” Hye Mi said after swallowing the porridge. Even though Woohyun is annoyed but he still smiles to Hye Mi as he already knows how Hye Mi is.

 

“Well, if you don’t be so stubborn and just let me feed you, maybe I don’t have force it into your mouth.” Woohyun said and feed Hye Mi again. This time Hye Mi already give in to the stubborn Woohyun. Both of them are stubborn, but Woohyun always purposely lose to Hye Mi because he just likes laughing at every silly things Hye Mi does.

 

“I’d seen you very close with Sungyeol lately. What do you think about him?” Woohyun asks.

 

“Well, he’s weird. We didn’t fight because we make agreement not to be childish and fight every time we meet. That’s why we’re peaceful.” Hye Mi said. She ate half of the porridge and Woohyun finish the other half, doesn’t care about the fact that he might fall sick because of it.

 

“You’re going to get sick Woohyun!” Hye Mi said trying to take the bowl from Woohyun. Woo Hyun push her hand away and eat all of the porridge. He try to cheer the sulking Hye Mi by showing his fail aegyo to her but as much as his aegyo fails, he didn’t manage to make Hye Mi smile again.

 

“You’re stupid.” Both of them have their eyes at the door and see that Sungyeol is watching them with the spare key to Hye Mi’s room. Hye Mi shook her head when she knows that this is going to turn into a fight between both of them. She wish that any of her TRUE heroes will be back, be it Howon or Myungsoo.

 

“Sungyeol, just get out and let Hye Mi sleep.” Woohyun said to Sungyeol.

 

“Are you kidding me? She keeps on screaming at you, I don’t think she’s sleeping. You make her tired with whatever you’re doing.” Sungyeol said trying to walk near Hye Mi’s bed.

 

“I was feeding her so that she can take her medicine.” Woohyun said feeling proud of himself.

 

“I think she can feed herself since she has hands and her hands are not hurt.” Sungyeol said. Hye Mi nods her head at how true Sungyeol’s word is.

 

“What do you know? She likes to be pamper, so I’m just pampering her.” Woohyun said.

 

“What if both of you just go home? We will take good care of Hye Mi!” Hye Mi smile happily when she sees both her heroes, Myungsoo and Howon at the door. Woohyun and Sungyeol didn’t budge at all and that make Myungsoo and Howon forced them out.

 

“Where have you been?” Hye Mi asks sleepily since she just take her flu medicine.

 

“Well, since we can’t cook, we went to some restaurant and told them to deliver some food at specific time. We won’t leave our eldest sibling alone at home when she’s sick.” Myungsoo said.

 

“But I’m the… yeah, she acts like the eldest more than I do.” Howon said giving up his title.