Discovering Things

Nothing's Over

 

Jin Hee followed Ae Ri to her house to know about her connection with Chang Min or his friends, that’s when she found out that Ae Ri’s mother is actually Japanese and that Akanishi Jin who everyone calls Jin is actually her cousin. Ae Ri was crying when she went back home but Jin Hee didn’t hear any of her conversation with her mother. Jin Hee felt some pain in her heart when she sees Ae Ri cries. It’s true that Ae Ri was the only friend she got, maybe the only sincere friend she has. They had known each other since they were still in high school and even with Jin Hee treating Ae Ri badly, Ae Ri still sticks by her side.

 

Jin Hee shook her head when she remembered back what Sungyeol told her. It’s not true at all, she knows who her real friends are. It’s just that at times she got carried away with her obsession for the popular people in her school, because she was once popular in her school and she still can’t get used to the fact that she can no longer be the popular girl in school just because there are other people who might be better with her. She can’t stand to know that people who doesn’t have much money as she does can be popular. Her father actually teaches her that with power and money, everything can be solved.

 

“So you’re a stalker now?” Jin Hee turns around to see Jin standing behind her. She ignores Jin as she kind of hates Jin attitudes. Jin is not as nice as Chang Min, and not as friendly as the Infinite clique. She keep on watching Ae Ri being greeted by her family and can’t help to be jealous with what she’s seeing. She never have anyone by her side, no one greets her at her house besides the maids who obviously hate her. She too never knows anything about Ae Ri’s family.

 

“ MAN! WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY WANT FROM ME?” Jin Hee said when Jin grabs her hands. She shook his hands off her and ran to her house as she doesn’t want anyone to see her tears. She wants to apologize to Ae Ri for hurting her but because of her pride and ego, she can’t seem to do that to Ae Ri.

 

Jin Hee sits at a park near her house since she can’t go home just yet. If her maids see her cry, just what will they think of her? All of her maids are actually those who are around her age because she hates old people. Now that she thinks back, the reason why she hates old people is because some old women would treat her nicely as if she’s their daughter and when they do that, she’ll miss her mother. She doesn’t want to miss her mother because to her, she is the reason why her mother died, that’s what her father always said to her.

 

“So the strong Jin Hee cries too?” Jin Hee looks to her right to see Ae Ri smiling to her. Both of them were sitting at the swings.

 

“No, don’t leave. Let’s cry together. The slap, it hurts you know? That’s why I cried.” Ae Ri said rubbing the place where Jin Hee slap.

 

“Why are you here?” Jin Hee asks, trying hard to wipe off her tears which keep on falling.

 

“Well, I obviously can see you from the window of my mom’s bakery. I also saw Jin being hard on you again. He’s stupid sometimes, so forgive him. And knowing the egoistic Jin Hee, I accept your apology without you having to apologize.” Ae Ri said smiling to Jin Hee.

 

“So, can you tell me about you and the sunbaenims?” Jin Hee asks.

 

“I thought you’ll never ask since you’re too obsessed with Infinite. Well, I really want to tell you about knowing Chang Min and his friend but I never get the chance since you were too busy finding out things about Infinite. Chang Min oppa is friends with Jin, so that’s why I know him. Chang Min oppa always tell me to advise you to stop making rumors. There are rumors which they can’t solve, especially those where people said Infinite are having an relationship with each other.” Ae Ri said.

 

“? I never start that rumor. I didn’t start any new rumors after the thing about Myungsoo and Hyori. I was afraid that if I start a new one, other people might become popular too.” Jin Hee said.

 

“Well, someone did start the rumor. And it’s kind of hard for them to handle it. Some lecturers call them to talk about it. And the reason why Hye Mi knows me is actually because of you. She asks me if you were the one who spread the rumors and she believe me when I say it’s not you. Well, I believe it too.” Ae Ri said explaining to Jin Hee.

 

“I won’t go that low to be popular. Right now I feel like just living my life normally. Things don’t go my way. I feel like finishing my studies quickly and become popular to the whole world. Being popular in school won’t bring me anywhere anyway.” Jin Hee said.

 

“Wow Jin Hee, where have your mind been missing all these while?” Ae Ri asks.

 

“I don’t know. To Infinite maybe?” Jin Hee joke and was surprised when Ae Ri suddenly hug her.

 

“Never cry alone anymore. It’s not good. I’m always here for you Jin Hee.” Ae Ri said and Jin Hee hug her back.

 

“I think your cousin hates me. He keeps on bothering me.” Jin Hee said.

 

“No, he doesn’t hate you. He just has weird way in getting people’s attention.” Ae Ri said and walk with Jin Hee to her house. Ae Ri for once finally get to introduce Jin Hee to her parents. Her cousin actually did something good for her. Because of Jin, Jin Hee showed her true feelings for once.