The Twins

Nothing's Over

 

Youngmin and Kwangmin start giggling when they see me sitting on the bed next to Sungyeol. I know why they’re giggling, it’s because we look like a couple. I usually hate doing this but seriously, Sungyeol falling sick make my heart so weak, I feel like since he had been taking care of me ever since he know me, it’s my turn to take care of him and obey him.

 

“I was doing my charity on a weekend at an orphanage. It was three months ago when I went there. The boys keep on helping me with my job, and said that they help me because they think I look like them. I can’t see the similarities but even though I’m a boy as well, I find their actions cute, maybe because they’re younger than me. I told the principal of the orphanage that I want to adopt them but as you know, I’m really young, I don’t work too, so the documentation was really hard. The twins didn’t know I wanted to take them out of the orphanage.” Sungyeol said and he drank some water as he suddenly start coughing.

 

“Since the documentation took a lot of time, I visit them a lot, to make sure that no one take them before I do. I called my dad and he came back after two weeks. At first he said that I shouldn’t just decide something like that just because they look cute and nice, people can be so decisive. I convince him about living in this house alone, I talk to him nicely and he agrees when it involves me being lonely. The adaptation complete after a week, and they came to my house to live with me as my brothers.” Sungyeol said.

 

“We really actually think that we look like Sungyeol hyung, that’s why we helped him, maybe he’s suddenly a long lost brother? We call his father, ‘father’ while he call him ‘dad’. Father pays for our studies and we don’t pamper ourselves in this house even though we know we actually become the male version of Cinderella. We work as we used to, we study as we used to and we helped hyung as we’re supposed to as his brother.” Kwangmin said excitedly.

 

“You know, I was worried, I thought you live in this house alone. I already made plan to send Myungsoo and Howon over to accompany you.” I said to Sungyeol. I didn’t even realize that I’m already leaning on his shoulder until the twins suddenly giggle. I look at them and sit straight, feeling embarrassed at my action.

 

“Hye Mi, it’s already really late. I’m sorry for making you stay here this late. It’s dangerous for you to go home, just stay here until tomorrow. We have a lot of spare rooms. You can wear my mom’s clothes too.” Sungyeol said. I was going to reject his offer until I saw his pale face again. I wonder if this is sympathy I’m feeling for him or I really do care for him?

 

“Can I just take care of you here? I mean, you have a big room, way too big actually. Maybe you have a spare bed or something?” I ask Sungyeol. I can’t bear leaving him alone here with his body temperature so hot.

 

“We have extra bed. I’ll bring it in while Kwangmin help you with clothes. You can also take a shower at the extra bedroom, at least no one will enter it.” Youngmin said. I followed Kwangmin to an extra room which is a bit smaller than Sungyeol’s room and went to take my shower.

 

I sit down on the bed of the extra bedroom. I’m wondering why am I doing this really? I think as a friend, being worried is fine. But the amount of care I’m giving him, it feels like it’s more than a friend. I almost cry when I found out that he’s very sick. He told me he come to class because he wants to see me back in class, and he did that even though he was sick.

 

I sent a text message to Howon telling him that I’ll be taking care of Sungyeol because he’s sick and no one is taking care of him. He just replied ‘ok’. I want him to ask me why am I doing this so that at least he can also help me answer the question.

 

I take small steps back to his room and Youngmin and Kwangmin is still there. The boys are making my bed, it’s not like I’ll be staying here for a week, they shouldn’t trouble themselves with it.

 

“Sleep here too guys. This room is too big and it’s too selfish of Sungyeol to have it all by himself. At least while he’s sick, let’s take care of him together.” I said to Youngmin and Kwangmin.

 

“But…” The twins said at the same time.

 

“Even though he looks weak right now, he’s still a boy, I don’t feel safe being in here only with him.” I said to the twins while Sungyeol is already sleeping. I guess the medicine was sleepy.

 

“Ok then.” The twins said giving up.

 

At least I won’t feel awkward anymore being left alone in this room with Sungyeol. I touch his forehead to see if his fever is still high and it is. I went to the toilet to get a wet towel and put it on his head. When I came back the twins already got their blanket and lie on the floor next to Sungyeol’s bed. So now on his left is me while on his right are the twins.

 

“Sungyeol, you’re a lucky man today. Besides my family, you’re the first person I ever take care of.” I said as a matter of fact. I never was able to take care of Minhyuk or Woohyun because they live with their family. I lie on the bed and set my alarm at an interval of two hours to check on Sungyeol.

=======================================================

Hello New subscribers.

Please feel free to drop some comment.

It gives me encouragement to write more. 

I can feel the story is ending actually, what about you?

When your stories start turning direction, you know that it's ending.

 

Just now, I listen to a song, and I almost cried listening to it 

[plus with the fact that I was already sad about Harry Potter ending]

The song that I listen was B1A4 - Only One, yeah i know it's not new but what I'm trying to say is, a good singer put emotions to their singing that those who are listening can feel the emotion as well.

You all might don't feel like crying listening to it, but it happen to me :)