You Happen

Nothing's Over

 

“Did you hear? There were rumors about Hyo Ri dating Myung Soo.” I heard someone behind me talking. Sometimes I wonder, where do these rumors come from? Who made it? And most importantly why do they make such kind of rumors. It’s understandable if the rumors were about artist, celebrities but it’s weird to have rumors spread about someone who are just normal people like us.

 

I walk through the corridor of my college and saw the girl everyone is talking about right now. She’s looking down all the time. It must be hard on her to be rumored dating with Myung Soo, the most popular guy in the college. Even if it’s true, people won’t believe it anyway, and will start saying bad things about Hyo Ri, because Hee Lim is not as popular as Myung Soo is. I end up following Hyo Ri, maybe because I’m worried about her? I don’t want people to attack her just because of the rumors about Hyo Ri dating Myung Soo.

 

“Hyo Ri, watch out…” I try to stop her from walking to the locker but I guess I’m a step too late. She fall down and fainted because of that. She must have hit her head to it that hard.

 

“What is Hye Mi trying to do to Hyo Ri? Is she mad because Hyo Ri is dating her ex?” Oh great! Now people are going to spread rumors about me? Wow, Myung Soo is so going to be dead after this. People don’t even know the truth. Myung Soo is nowhere close to be my boyfriend. They think he’s the coolest in the college, I even see him pee in his pants!

 

“Hyo Ri, are you ok?” I ignored everyone who’s talking about us and are surrounding us. People, they are very interested in what’s happening, but no one is actually interested in helping!

 

“If none of you intended to help, don’t even watch!” I scream to them and put Hyo Ri’s hand on my shoulders. I hope my shoulders are enough to support her body weight. I think she needs to eat more, she’s so thin.

 

“What happen?” I look up to see Myung Soo running to me and take Hyo Ri in his hands. He carried her bridal style to the nurse room and I have to run with him to avoid rumors.

 

I could hear people talking and talking, more rumors spread around. I feel like people no longer have their own life to live that they care more about other people’s life. It’s kind of frustrating to know this though. I become someone who worth talking about in this college because I was someone who Myung Soo, the most popular guy in the college constantly talk to, ok practically stick to me until I was quite sick of him. The truth is I’m closer to my twin brother. But people seem to talk more about me and Myung Soo because people don’t really notice the closeness between me and my two heroes.

 

After I distant myself from Myung Soo clique, people start making rumors that Myung Soo and I had broke up. The truth is Myung Soo and I had never been a couple. Myung Soo is my precious dongsaeng, ok? I enter the college late because I kind of want to rest from studying for a while.

 

When we reach the nurse room, the whole clique is already there. I wave to my twin brother, Howon and to Woohyun. They all greet me excitedly especially Sungjong. I’m his favorite noona and he is my favorite dongsaeng too but the clique says Myung Soo is my favorite dongsaeng because I never bullied him. I like bullying Sungjong because I love him so much. I just don’t care much about Myung Soo though.

 

“Noona, what happen?” Myung Soo ask after putting Hyo Ri on the bed.

 

“YOU HAPPEN!” I said angrily.

 

“What do you mean?” Myung Soo asks.

 

“People had been talking about you and Hyo Ri. I think she got nervous, that’s why she had her head down all the time. She didn’t see where she’s walking and run to a locker.” I said, kind of glaring at him.

 

=================================================================/

If I use "I", it usually refers to Hye Mi's P.O.V unless stated.